Deerfield Pier Fishing Reports 2007

This area is for Archived Pier fishing reports so those interested can go back in time and see what was being caught. This area will include all Old Pier Threads and any other fishing report threads that are archived.
Cookinman
FORUM CHEF "RETIRED"

Post by Cookinman »

Gotcha wrote:any reports?
I've not been on my usual lunchtime trips for a few days.
TEAM 'COOKIN' :
:chef: "Still building 'em one BAITCATCHER at a time " :chef:

gotants?
Old Salt

Post by gotants? »

Gotcha wrote:any reports?
HammerHd wrote:gotcha forget about it. If someone has a report, they will post it
Hammer, you`re missing the point, he needs us to give him a report so he can come back here and tell us about it. :roll:

Sorry Carlos, I couldn`t resist... :P
Fishing is ZEN

Catching is incidental

The sea, my church

Cookinman
FORUM CHEF "RETIRED"

Post by Cookinman »

Plenty of big gogs and ballyhoo to be caught, not too much else that I Saw today...EXCEPT for the usual crew of Pompano Pier fisherman now fishing DFP.....
TEAM 'COOKIN' :

Gotcha
KING MACKEREL

Post by Gotcha »

all the piers are slow.

mikeypbg
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by mikeypbg »

Anyone think its worth heading out tonight?

Cookinman
FORUM CHEF "RETIRED"

Post by Cookinman »

mikeypbg wrote:Anyone think its worth heading out tonight?

Depends on what else you are potentially doing mikeypbg....
Personally a night on the pier in the nice cool weather with no kids to chase sounds great even if notyhing is biting :)

Remember in fishing - ya never know.

At lunch I am gonna go catcha few gogs for the freezer, so I'll let ya know what I see.
TEAM 'COOKIN' :

FloridaCub
Seasoned Fisher

Post by FloridaCub »

hey cookinman...what do you recommend as the best way to catch gogs?

mikeypbg
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by mikeypbg »

Cookinman wrote:
mikeypbg wrote:Anyone think its worth heading out tonight?

Depends on what else you are potentially doing mikeypbg....
Personally a night on the pier in the nice cool weather with no kids to chase sounds great even if notyhing is biting :)

Remember in fishing - ya never know.

At lunch I am gonna go catcha few gogs for the freezer, so I'll let ya know what I see.
We I dont have the same problem with the kiddies but I was inquiring about the bite.

Is anyone thinking of goin out there tonight?

And Florida Cub, the answer is a gog bug. There has been a lot of talk about them recently. Ive gotten them on sabikis before though as well.

Cookinman
FORUM CHEF "RETIRED"

Post by Cookinman »

Gogs a plenty - I put a doz on ice for the weekend if I am able to break away....if not to the freezer they will go :) Ballyhoo were there to be caught as well....

Kingfish and Macs were around. I saw Keeper Lessers, 2 nice kings and a 3# Spanish hit the deck while I was there. In fact I gave a live gog to a pal when Whoosh, Fish-ON !

Remember though, it is really an anomaly when kings do NOT come up off that T when properly angled for. Mac hit a strip.

Water was greening up nicely, but quite clear by the surfline. towards the T is was cloudier, but not as nice as we would all like it.

Dunno Mikey, it is worth a shot but not a garantee on the fish....I really never night fish there, so it is tough to call, BUT fish were around today.

PM me your # - Never know - maybe I break away a couple hours after the kids sleep.
FloridaCub wrote:hey cookinman...what do you recommend as the best way to catch gogs?
Mikey is right on. Heat to RJ Boyle or T and R if closer, pick up a few gog bugs...Mettallic gold color outfished all other gog bugs today like 5/1. I was just handing em away....lol
( I also think a few guys were letting their gog bugs hit the sand and scatter the pod- Whereas I always jig up on top of the pod. Much more important than color IMHO. )
TEAM 'COOKIN' :

fishandchicks
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by fishandchicks »

see you there rob and mark.

GO4EM
SHARKER

Post by GO4EM »

I'm planning to stop off at DFP. I should be out there late in the afternoon. I got a little boating trip in the am.
I dream of a better tomorrow... where chickens can cross roads and not have their motives questioned

DeezNuts
Seasoned Fisher

Re: 12/8 - Saturday

Post by DeezNuts »

rob762 wrote:Gatorkong, the kids and I spent the AM at deerfield.

Clear water up to tee, slight color @ tee. Some Kings caught on what was a VERY crowded tee. I walked up with a white jib an got a lesser(and my cabo 20 setup, lots of fun), and then gave up fishing in that mess.

The rest of the day was slow. Plenty of bait in the water, and my gog bug actually worked!! Trolleyed out a goggle eye from the side to no avail.

I would've loved to trolley it off the tee, but there was absolutely no way with that rats nest...

Won't go back on a weekend day. Not set up well for kids either, with the rail height being so high.

Might give it a shot on Monday.
I go on mondays and it usually isn't much better :( Ill still probably be going tho

mikeypbg
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by mikeypbg »

Rob,
DFP on a weekend really requires you to show up well before sun up. It can be a pretty productive pier during those times, you just need to know where to put your bait.

You are correct about it not bein great for the kiddies. There are often times a lot of people out there and it can be overwhelming and the rails are a bit higher. I know that Ken, one of the regulars, brings his son out. He seems to do really well standing on the first bar jiggin up macks with the crappy jigs and floating shrimp under the pier for snapper.

Either way, good luck. I liked to fish it more when the sun was still up at the end of the work day. It gets too dark too early.

Cookinman
FORUM CHEF "RETIRED"

Post by Cookinman »

That T is a Zoo on weekends, which is why I hit anglins on the weekend. Weekdays are more sane. when the weather is blustery and stirred up a bit, the 2nd lightpole from the shack produces nice macs and blues as well as crevalles....a great alternative to fighting the crowd. I have also caught keeper mutton on the reef edges just W of the hut on fresh goggleye on a clear AM.

With Pompano closed now, that pier will be crowded on weekends. I would not even mind the crowd if we could get the bass poles with 2 oz barrell sinkers away from the T....lol

Glad the gog bugs worked Rob -
TEAM 'COOKIN' :

Cookinman
FORUM CHEF "RETIRED"

Post by Cookinman »

rob762 wrote:
With gold spray paint! :twisted:
really? did you? :lol: :lol: :lol:
TEAM 'COOKIN' :

mikeypbg
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by mikeypbg »

Cookinman wrote:That T is a Zoo on weekends, which is why I hit anglins on the weekend. Weekdays are more sane. when the weather is blustery and stirred up a bit, the 2nd lightpole from the shack produces nice macs and blues as well as crevalles....a great alternative to fighting the crowd. I have also caught keeper mutton on the reef edges just W of the hut on fresh goggleye on a clear AM.

Ya... what Cookin said.

Rob,
If you ever want to go for that early AM call, let me know. Id go out wit ya.

Lomax aka ZEBCO
SHARKER

Post by Lomax aka ZEBCO »

8) Ahhhhhhh, The Deerfield Pier T.

There is nothing in life as exciting as leaning on a rail and your arms getting stuck in leftover squid from the Blue Runner Brigade.
Ching Pow!ImageImage
ImageGive me Boo Runna!

fishandchicks
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by fishandchicks »

i hate "goin out". i prefer "duck or bleed!!!!"

mikeypbg
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by mikeypbg »

fishandchicks wrote:i hate "goin out". i prefer "duck or bleed!!!!"
:uplol: :uplol: :uplol: :uplol:

True Story Zach! Most people dont know whats goin on out there.

baitwetter
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by baitwetter »

LOL!! I will be using that line from now on!!! :lol:
Sad to be sitting out this years Shorebound Shark Tourney due to work issues. Good luck to all that participate!!!

kngfshman
KING MACKEREL

Post by kngfshman »

lol
GET THE GAFF!!!

Cookinman
FORUM CHEF "RETIRED"

Post by Cookinman »

rob762 wrote:
Guess you gotta see what 8nbait can do to someone to understand the safety impacts...
I have brought the oldest out a few times, but not while I was fishing...I did not want to take my eyes off her out there....
TEAM 'COOKIN' :

Cookinman
FORUM CHEF "RETIRED"

Post by Cookinman »

Today at lunch saw micro bluefish chasing in the surfline, some stirred up and cloudy / sandy water there. Water cleared a bit midway then got nice at the T.

Ballyhoo Showers and Gogs were buggin

Water was a decent green, but not too cloudy, winds from the E - NE.

I coolered a few decent macs in the 3# range to make some fish fingers for my Mother in Law who arrives tomorrow from Colombia. Before anyone asks, no - she will not ! 8) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Kings and macs ( mostly bigger Macs and snake kings) were caught on Gotcha and Y-zuri's. Dino-Kings, meaning 5#ers and up were caught on bigger trolleyed Gog's. I an betting the afternoon bite just gets better, but I had to get back to the office today.

On a sad note, a midair casting collission between my redbone and another caster( Genarro's 10' Spinner) resulted in my slipping an insert from the first guide from the tip. SO right after, I toss oin my gotcha to straihghten the line and a Big-Mac cuts me clean and I watch the insert tumble to the waves, Oh Well, looks like I need to make a trip to the T&R....lol

Fishing looked pretty decent today given the last week or so we have had- get out if you can.
TEAM 'COOKIN' :

mikeypbg
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by mikeypbg »

First good report in a while man.

Congrats on the fish. I got a new 8ft rod for my 3/0 so I can now start learning the art of trolleying out there on DFP. Cant wait for my first king.

Return to “Pier Fishing Reports, Threads Archive”