Anglins Pier Fishing Reports 2007

This area is for Archived Pier fishing reports so those interested can go back in time and see what was being caught. This area will include all Old Pier Threads and any other fishing report threads that are archived.
TEAM SALT LIFE
Seasoned Fisher

shark picc

Post by TEAM SALT LIFE »

i think he was about 40lbs but alot of ppl were like na hes like 60lbsImage

bigzee20
Weekend Warrior

Post by bigzee20 »

Nice catch i saw you guys cleaning the jaws Saturday.

Cookinman
FORUM CHEF "RETIRED"

Post by Cookinman »

He was actually tood eating size, and the steaks looked good, Thanks again. Tomorrow night I may just get a lil funky with em...

Well, I wanted to sit down and fish lazy, so that is what I did...Grabbed 1 rod, wired the hook for Bluefish, grabbed some gogs from the freezer, a lil libation :wink: and headed out to the WINDY T...

The Gogs were the ticket. Bigger Blues hit one after the other until like 11 Then they slowed a bit, but were still pretty steady...

Shame that we never got to see what hit your 4/0...I bet it was a lil bigger than that Tip....It also hit a good gog head.

Nice also fishing with Rijkaard before the next Italy trip. Best to all your family at Christmastime bro !! Anything good happen aftre I split? #1 Daughter was not too sick today, thank god, I guess the worst of it happned while we were fishing....

Foster, about the knife....I lelt it with Rijkaard....If it makes you feel better I left a sweater there as well.....Numb brain syndrome, sorry.
Maybe Rick picked it up? I still cannot believe that the wind blew mine off the board :(
TEAM 'COOKIN' :
:chef: "Still building 'em one BAITCATCHER at a time " :chef:

Lomax aka ZEBCO
SHARKER

Re: shark picc

Post by Lomax aka ZEBCO »

TEAM THRASHER wrote:i think he was about 40lbs but alot of ppl were like na hes like 60lbs
8) So, do you have in possession your "Federal Shark Jaws Removal Permit"?

TEAM SALT LIFE
Seasoned Fisher

huh?

Post by TEAM SALT LIFE »

dam almost got me there haha i looked at it and was like oh damm!! lol
federal jaws removal permit haha. nice one. but that sucks yyou left your jacket. well hopefully he still has my knife no biggie though. and yea i think that the fish that hit the 4/0 was alot bigger than the tip. well anyways thats it for that day more to come next weekend hope all is well rik..

TEAM SALT LIFE
Seasoned Fisher

tiger shark

Post by TEAM SALT LIFE »

a nice tiger shark was caught off of anglins today about 3 feet has stripes and all.a couple of kids were fishin and caught him. wish i had the glory of catching a tiger. nice fish.

baitwetter
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by baitwetter »

Just got home from spending the night at Anglins. A second tiger pup was caught just after I got there at 11pm! Gogs were scattered, COLD and windy. Several cut offs to what I think were sharks and I caught a 15 1/2" mutton. Nice fishing with you Cudaman and Roofer! Horse threadfins showed up in small numbers when I was leaving. Did I mention it was COLD? I had three layers of clothing on top of my "natural insulation" and I was still cold!

All in all, an enjoyable night on the pier as always. :lol:
Sad to be sitting out this years Shorebound Shark Tourney due to work issues. Good luck to all that participate!!!

Cookinman
FORUM CHEF "RETIRED"

Re: tiger shark

Post by Cookinman »

TEAM THRASHER wrote:..wish i had the glory of catching a tiger. nice fish.
I always see a couple come up off DFP in the wintertime....Pups though, have not seen any big ones, Does not mean they are not there, just have not seen any.
TEAM 'COOKIN' :

Cookinman
FORUM CHEF "RETIRED"

Post by Cookinman »

Thanks on the sweater and for Team Thrasher's knife :)

It was fun just sittin and reeling in Blue after Blue knocking back a few.

I gave the mess of them to my daughters Godfather, who in turn just asked me to return the honor and become Godfather to his daughter. :D :salut:

His Father in law ( also from Italy, rome even I believe ) ran a nice Italian restaraunt in sunrise for a long while.
He sold it a few months ago and is already stir crazy, looking for locations for the next one....lol

He ends up usually making a liviornaise with them for the whole family...a great way to use them since the flavor of neither the sauce or fish could be described as 'delicate' Paired with a nice chianti, over lkinguine and a nice bread to soak it up, delish !!!

I also passed on one of Team Thrasher's Shark Steaks for him to play with...
TEAM 'COOKIN' :

TEAM SALT LIFE
Seasoned Fisher

nice

Post by TEAM SALT LIFE »

im glad to hear my shark was put to good use. thanx rikk. andd ill be out there friday night. if your there.

crevalejack
Seasoned Fisher

Post by crevalejack »

where are u guys fishing at the T?

kellsdad
Fisher

Nightime

Post by kellsdad »

did yous guys go last night or are yous going tonight?? if so, about what time
and any suggestions on bait to bring or buy.

mikeypbg
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by mikeypbg »

Nice report Ricky. Man do I miss being out there. It looks so nice in the background. Soon...

Cookinman
FORUM CHEF "RETIRED"

Post by Cookinman »

Nice eatin size - Good deal fellas !
TEAM 'COOKIN' :

Lomax aka ZEBCO
SHARKER

Post by Lomax aka ZEBCO »

Rijkaard wrote:
tommy doesn't eat fish :wink:
8) Wifey must not be happy bout that.

BoatlessFisherman
Fisherman - Owner - Administrator

Post by BoatlessFisherman »

Ok Ok because the next thing said is Huh Tommy don't eat fish.
Its not that I don't eat fish, I try all the time and get Violently sick, I am allergic to just about all seafood so My wife and all my family have to eat it for me because I love to cook it, I normaly sit and watch them eat it. Really is a Bummer

The only fish I can get more than two bites down is Mutton Snapper and that has taken me years to achieve.
-Tommy A-

click, click, click, Fish ON - Over, Under, Over, Under Get out of my Way. Sound familiar.

frentals
KING MACKEREL

Post by frentals »

BoatlessFisherman wrote:Ok Ok because the next thing said is Huh Tommy don't eat fish.
Its not that I don't eat fish, I try all the time and get Violently sick, I am allergic to just about all seafood so My wife and all my family have to eat it for me because I love to cook it, I normaly sit and watch them eat it. Really is a Bummer

The only fish I can get more than two bites down is Mutton Snapper and that has taken me years to achieve.
ironic
thats pretty damn cool though
facebook.com/landsharkfishing
youtube.com/landsharkfishingtv

Frogfish101
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Frogfish101 »

Tommy, that sucks that you can't eat them it love to cook it. But I bet you love to see your family enjoying the fish you caught and cooked :D
"Our lives are defined by the sum of our ventures into the unknown."
-Juro Mukai

jamel13
Old Salt

Post by jamel13 »

JWD, Tommy!!!

HialeahAngler
Seasoned Fisher

Post by HialeahAngler »

BoatlessFisherman wrote:Ok Ok because the next thing said is Huh Tommy don't eat fish.

have you tried taking some Benadryl prior to eating fish? It's worth a try.

snakehead terror
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by snakehead terror »

I feel your pain man. I am alergic to all seafood.
BEAST
snapperkiller

NICK123
KING MACKEREL

Post by NICK123 »

HOWS THE WEATHER OT THEIR

fldoowop
Seasoned Fisher

Post by fldoowop »

OK guys, I need to do a little weeping here.
Took a ride down to Anglins last week and was very unhappy.
I am not independently wealthy as you all.....$10 parking and $7 to fish.
How do you guys manage the cost ????
Any special reason Anglins is so expensive???
I'm not a great fisherman so don't catch many good ones.
$17 is kind of expensive for me to just sit in the sun :cry:
Is there a better way????

bigzee20
Weekend Warrior

Post by bigzee20 »

Fldoowop you dont have to pay $10 to park. If you going to fish is $5 just tell the guy at the parking lot you going to fish. Or you can hit the keys :)
Last edited by bigzee20 on Thu Dec 20, 2007 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fishnfool73
AMBASSADOR to the... BF FORUM

Post by fishnfool73 »

I would take a guess you are spending way more than $17 in gas to hit the Keys.

bigzee20
Weekend Warrior

Post by bigzee20 »

Sharkman954 how has the fishing been down there Iam heading down this weekend to Long Key?

westcoast
Seasoned Fisher

Post by westcoast »

wzup guys

i love Anglins, Deerfield, and Newport Piers (which, sadly, is closed!).

but i think Dania gets a rough knock. one of the good things about Dania is that it costs $4 to park for the whole day and just $3 to fish

$7 to fish for a whole day? c'mon, that's awesome! plus the pompano fishing on that pier is better than the others in my opinion.

you can't trolley or put out bottom rigs without losing alot of terminal and that does get pretty annoying. but if you're looking to be more cost effective...

check out Dania.

i'd still like to learn how the Keys bridges are doing. i love fishing them for snapper and permit.

work hard, fish hard - and merry christmas!
California-Florida fisherman

kellsdad
Fisher

Keys and Dania

Post by kellsdad »

Like to go to the Keys, but truck gets 18, would be interested in "carpooling" with others for weekday trips. Share expenses, I can learn some more about all this (still newbie). Anyone interested, let me know.
Peter

4wheelangler
KING MACKEREL

Post by 4wheelangler »

Did this thread turn into a general chatter box? I haven't seen many reports lately just stuff that belongs in another section. Someone has to be catching something out there!

Return to “Pier Fishing Reports, Threads Archive”