Dania Pier Fishing Reports 2007

This area is for Archived Pier fishing reports so those interested can go back in time and see what was being caught. This area will include all Old Pier Threads and any other fishing report threads that are archived.
Gotcha
KING MACKEREL

Post by Gotcha »

there will be more tonite BLUES that is to answer your question BR got there at 10ish left 1pm. clear water 8knots from the NE big cuda around that's it.

gotants?
Old Salt

Post by gotants? »

Kev, Nize foto chop main!
Fishing is ZEN

Catching is incidental

The sea, my church

Kevin_Oz
Seasoned Fisher

Post by Kevin_Oz »

gotants? wrote:Kev, Nize foto chop main!
yeah, cropped my drunk ass out of the pic just to focus on the fish. that slimey 20 dollar bill got spent immidiately afterwards on bait because we didnt want that sucker in the wallet anymore. id really like to get some snapper or macks to post but i guess i gotta work my way to the big boys.
Smells Like Robot

DaTruth
Fisher

Post by DaTruth »

its okay Kev.... I was there to see you land the blue fish..... it was my $20 on that fish dammit!

Kevin_Oz
Seasoned Fisher

Post by Kevin_Oz »

so any reports or did everyone take the weekend off?
Smells Like Robot

snakehead terror
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by snakehead terror »

sorry i wasnt there i was tired and sick was awake for 46 hrs.
BEAST
snapperkiller

gofish
Seasoned Fisher

Post by gofish »

went to the pier last night from 6pm to 9:30pm there was some herring being caught and there were pilchards earlier in the day....i saw some big macs leaving the pier and there were talks of 8lbers coming over the rail..i also saw some 4 to 6lb jacks in buckets....while i was there a couple of blue fish came up and there was a 3ft nurse shark that broke off while trying to be put in a landing net...
Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught

swordafishy
Seasoned Fisher

Post by swordafishy »

atta boy danny...

DaTruth
Fisher

Post by DaTruth »

Any new reports for Dania today? I'll be hitting up the pier around 6ish and wanted to know what the day is looking like.

Kevin_Oz
Seasoned Fisher

Post by Kevin_Oz »

i havent seen many posts at all here.... wheres everyone at? went to pier wed night and stayed till the next morning, caught a whole lotta nothing... winds kicked my ass. anyone else been fishing? this thread is rarely updated anymore, just curious to where all the activity went off to. might go this weekend with family and g/f if anyone wants to meet up. thanks guys and good luck!
Smells Like Robot

Cookinman
FORUM CHEF "RETIRED"

Post by Cookinman »

Kevin_Oz wrote:i havent seen many posts at all here.... wheres everyone at? went to pier wed night and stayed till the next morning, caught a whole lotta nothing... winds kicked my ass. anyone else been fishing? this thread is rarely updated anymore, just curious to where all the activity went off to. might go this weekend with family and g/f if anyone wants to meet up. thanks guys and good luck!
They are all on DFP. Please get them to come back please. :P :P :P
TEAM 'COOKIN' :
:chef: "Still building 'em one BAITCATCHER at a time " :chef:

bluerunner
Seasoned Fisher

Post by bluerunner »

Good one Cookinman :D
Bluerunner say- If you teach a man to fish, then thats one less fish for you :)

Kevin_Oz
Seasoned Fisher

Post by Kevin_Oz »

so im sitting here, sleepless, thinking about fishing.... and i have decided that sometime this weekend, my happy ass is going back out there in spite of the lack of reports, to catch me something to eat. i may drink while im there too, just to dull the pain of a bitless night, but i will not leave till something worthy of eating comes over the rail (on my rod) and there WILL be more pictures proving my catches

good luck all! lets not let dania fade away in the shadows of the other piers. thanks all
Smells Like Robot

gofish
Seasoned Fisher

Post by gofish »

don't beleive the hype Kev!!! we're not at DFP just keeping quiet about the Pomps being caught early morning.... :wink: I was there this past Tuesday and there were 3 Pomps caught early morning one to 3lbs...i saw 2 3-4lbs jacks, i took one home that was given to me...there was herring at the T i had one trollied and it got assaulted by a toothy critter that only left half of it soon thereafter another break off on someone else's rod i was only there 2 hours from 8:30am to 10:30am...the pic in cookinmans post in the DFP thread with that king is Genarro fishes Dania every Mon. and Wed. always catches something nice watch him and you too shall learn the way of the Jedi...ealry morning is better than late night right now but you can catch Pomp at night also stay towards the middle of the pier and get yourself some sand fleas...see you out there soon 8)
Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught

fish FOE
Fisher

REPORTS

Post by fish FOE »

SORRY FOR THE LATE POST ,WENT TO DFP WED.NIGHT AT ABOUT 9-ISH IT WAS PRETTY SLOW AT FIRST ONLY CAUGHT A LIL HAMMER HEAD THEN ABOUT 2 HRS LATER I CAUGHT A NICE BLUE ON LIVE GRUNT ,THEN GOT STUCK IN THE RAIN TWICE ,THE 2ND TIME WHEN I LEFT MY POLES ON THE T WHILE I WAS UNDER THE RAIN SHELTER , I HEARD MY ROD ZZZZZZZZZZZZ CAUGHT ANOTHER BLUE ON CUT HERRING(WITCH I GOT FROM THE ASIAN GUY IN THE YELLOW RAIN JACKET I CALL CHONG HE'S ALWAY AT DFP ) ,NOBODY ELSE I SEEN ARE TALKED TO CAUGHT ANYTHING BESIDES SHARKS,OR LIL FISH WHEN I LEFT AT 1:30A

BoatlessFisherman
Fisherman - Owner - Administrator

Post by BoatlessFisherman »

Thanks for the fishing reports, Gofish and fish-foe
-Tommy A-

click, click, click, Fish ON - Over, Under, Over, Under Get out of my Way. Sound familiar.

frentals
KING MACKEREL

Re: REPORTS

Post by frentals »

fish FOE wrote:SORRY FOR THE LATE POST ,WENT TO DFP WED.NIGHT AT ABOUT 9-ISH IT WAS PRETTY SLOW AT FIRST ONLY CAUGHT A LIL HAMMER HEAD THEN ABOUT 2 HRS LATER I CAUGHT A NICE BLUE ON LIVE GRUNT ,THEN GOT STUCK IN THE RAIN TWICE ,THE 2ND TIME WHEN I LEFT MY POLES ON THE T WHILE I WAS UNDER THE RAIN SHELTER , I HEARD MY ROD ZZZZZZZZZZZZ CAUGHT ANOTHER BLUE ON CUT HERRING(WITCH I GOT FROM THE ASIAN GUY IN THE YELLOW RAIN JACKET I CALL CHONG HE'S ALWAY AT DFP ) ,NOBODY ELSE I SEEN ARE TALKED TO CAUGHT ANYTHING BESIDES SHARKS,OR LIL FISH WHEN I LEFT AT 1:30A

Is he the one with the silver avet on a a 10ft ocean master always wearing a dolphins hat
facebook.com/landsharkfishing
youtube.com/landsharkfishingtv

kngfshman
KING MACKEREL

Post by kngfshman »

Today produced big Macks, big jacks, and a Bonita. Also, a Cobia passed by following a turtle. And a big King went airborne. Thats about it.
GET THE GAFF!!!

snakehead terror
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by snakehead terror »

I almost got spooled on a freelined pilchard on my sahara. Whatever it was ran INSANE my reel was hot. I had only 10lb test. I ended up stopping it and then it cut me.
BEAST
snapperkiller

Kevin_Oz
Seasoned Fisher

Post by Kevin_Oz »

ill be out there starting at around 8am with my buddy roy (DaTruth) for some of those big macks and jacks and blues everyone is ranting about. hopefully the cold wont chase the fish away. any predictions on how the wind and temp will effect the fishing? thanks guys, lemme know
if you see a guy with a black hat, thick camo army jacket, long sleeve black dress shirt and jeans with black converse, thats me, say hi and ill probly say hi back
Smells Like Robot

Cookinman
FORUM CHEF "RETIRED"

Post by Cookinman »

Kevin_Oz wrote:ill be out there starting at around 8am with my buddy roy (DaTruth) for some of those big macks and jacks and blues everyone is ranting about. hopefully the cold wont chase the fish away. any predictions on how the wind and temp will effect the fishing? thanks guys, lemme know
if you see a guy with a black hat, thick camo army jacket, long sleeve black dress shirt and jeans with black converse, thats me, say hi and ill probly say hi back
The Cold will help and it seems as If the wind has died down a little...
Next couple days stay clear and Cold, you will see some nive macs, maybe a few pompano. the seas have been stirred up a bit these last few days.....Good time to be fishin, I think.
TEAM 'COOKIN' :
:chef: "Still building 'em one BAITCATCHER at a time " :chef:

Gotcha
KING MACKEREL

Post by Gotcha »

:wink:

Lomax aka ZEBCO
SHARKER

Post by Lomax aka ZEBCO »

Gotcha wrote: Today I caught 30 Mackeral ranging from 10 pounds to 15 pounds.
:P

Gotcha
KING MACKEREL

Post by Gotcha »

YEA RIGHT I DON'T THINK SO DON'T START CHIT

gotants?
Old Salt

Post by gotants? »

Gotcha wrote:A tall athletic man that likes sports and the outdoors. Fun and active and wild .

:roll:
Fishing is ZEN

Catching is incidental

The sea, my church

fish FOE
Fisher

12-20-07 REPORTS

Post by fish FOE »

WENT FISHING AT DFP THIS MORNING GOT THERE AT ABOUT 6AM AND THERE WAS NO HERRING RUNNING JUST SOME LITTLE PILCHARDS BEHIND THE BAIT SHACK AND TOWARDS THE MIDDLE NORTH SIDE. OVERALL SLOW DAY, I ONLY SEEN 4 MACKS CAUGHT 2 SMALL ONES AND 2 2-3 POUNDERS. I LEFT AT ABOUT 12:30 AFTER GETTING RAINED ON TWICE AND DEALING WITH THE STRONG WIND, LIKE I SAID, SLOW DAY. HOPEFULLY IT PICKS UP.javascript:emoticon('Confused')
Confused
franchise fisher

fish FOE
Fisher

typo

Post by fish FOE »

i mean daina NOT DFP .I THOUGHT DFP MEANT DAINA FISHING PIER I NOW KNOW IT MEANS DEERFIELD PIER . :roll:
franchise fisher

StyngRay
KING MACKEREL

Christmas fishing report

Post by StyngRay »

It's been a while folks... but nothing has been happening, fishing wise.
I renewed my State Park pass, and to no availe has the fishing been any good near the jetty.
I just want to wish you all a Merry Christmas.
Let's hope for a better new year in the week to come.
Plain And Simple, Life's A Beach!
ABCDEDBD FISHYS?

Lomax aka ZEBCO
SHARKER

Post by Lomax aka ZEBCO »

8) You owe me some fleas Mr. Bottom Ray.

Return to “Pier Fishing Reports, Threads Archive”