Anglins Pier Fishing Reports 2012 "ONLY REPORTS"

This area is for Archived Pier fishing reports so those interested can go back in time and see what was being caught. This area will include all Old Pier Threads and any other fishing report threads that are archived.
bulld0g62
Seasoned Fisher

Re: Anglins Pier Fishing Reports 2012 "ONLY REPORTS"

Post by bulld0g62 »

Fished 7 to 1:30, macs and AJs up until i left. My dad and i got 3 and lesser aj and got cut off by a few macs. Live bait was key today, only small runners on artis. Did see one nice pomp come over though.
just remember, fishing is cheaper than a psychiatrist.

Cookinman
FORUM CHEF "RETIRED"

Post by Cookinman »

fishnfool73 wrote:I've never seen ribbons this bad in the 30 years I've been fishing Anglins. I'd have a few chasing my lure back each cast. The people fishing for them overloaded their coolers and left with them still biting. In years past they generally showed up with the mullet run and we would catch a few but never like this.

I pulled up my trolling baits this weekend as well due to the PIA ribbons- Caught like 5 Ribbons on a Manns ( 25' down ) Trolling on the yak outta Boynton inlet saturday - thick is an understatement!

BTW, I have it on good info that they eat very well, though I haven't tried any myself...

Chris - pls check PM
TEAM 'COOKIN' :
:chef: "Still building 'em one BAITCATCHER at a time " :chef:

swordfish
SHARKER

Post by swordfish »

Was a bust for us today. We gave it a good try but in the end only walked away with a Jack or two... I did see a few Lesser AJ's come up, more like 7-15, all keepers. Mostly on candy sized whitting from the surf! I didn't bother with the bait and thus I came away empty handed on the AJ's. Wind was dead to slightly NW, hoping we get a blow soon, see if we cant get the rest of the mullet to take a trip south! I have been hearing about solid mackerel farther up north along with blues, so I know it is only a matter of time once again, although everything feels WAY late!

-swordfish

bigyellowtuna
Seasoned Fisher

Post by bigyellowtuna »

Fished from 10:30-2:00pm. Landed one bluefish measuring 17 inches and lost 2 others that I managed to hook on my lighter setup that I was trying to catch bait on (small hook with squid). The keeper ate a whole finger mullet--prev frozen. Also caught a too big for bait mojarra, an undersize snapper, and a baby black sea bass....surprised to see that come up.

While there i saw others bring one mackerel over the rail, a few ribbonfish, and one bluefish. Not so fast paced but it was beautiful out there today.

ffishermen1
Seasoned Fisher

Post by ffishermen1 »

rThanks for the report

daplural
Weekend Warrior

Post by daplural »

Sup Fellas

Can anyone drop some knowledge on the effects that wind has on the fishing here? What's the most promising wind direction, at what speed, diff species, etc.. Would appreciate any intel.

Thanks

fishnfool73
AMBASSADOR to the... BF FORUM

Post by fishnfool73 »

Thisd time of year I prefer NE 8-15 for mackeral, bluefish, and pompano.
Dreaming the dream that one day I can be as good as some of the boatless pros and catch some 12 inch mangrove snapper.

daplural
Weekend Warrior

Post by daplural »

Appreciate the info

fishnfool73

Post by fishnfool73 »

Walked out on the pier for sunset a few ribbon fish and one bluefish is all I saw in an hour or so.
Dreaming the dream that one day I can be as good as some of the boatless pros and catch some 12 inch mangrove snapper.

Moose
KING MACKEREL

Post by Moose »

morning bite was slow today....pomapano were there..some keepers, mostly dinks. Hand full of blues and macks. Ribbons are thick still, kind of annoying. Didn't see any bait this morning, white or mullet, nada :scratch:

gonna be out there tomorrow morning with the old folks and the girlfriend, so if you're near them DUCK!! Gonna get em on pomp jigs straight up and down to avoid cross ups..

went out with my buddy (knows how to fish) and his GF today and she crossed up someone and he was a douche to her...the guy is an experienced angler and shouldn't have been so wack about it...especially since he threw his down rod right next to where we were jigging with a ton of E winds.. hopefully no issues tomorrow...LET someone get rude with my mom :auto:

slow day, but had a good time and didn't get skunked at least.

crashmister
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by crashmister »

Taz? :mrgreen:
Nice Boat! Now get it outa my driveway!

fishnfool73

Post by fishnfool73 »

Taz is far from an experienced fisherman. He can ruin that pier though by being himself.

Inlet_Hookn

Post by Inlet_Hookn »

does anyone know if or when the T will be open

fishnfool73

Post by fishnfool73 »

Rumor is not good. Seems the T will be closed for a while

daplural
Weekend Warrior

Post by daplural »

What's the parking situation like out there? Thinking about hitting it up in the morning round 6 or so.

Moose
KING MACKEREL

Post by Moose »

Meters or ten dollars in the lot. At 6am you'll be fine finding parking

daplural
Weekend Warrior

Post by daplural »

Appreciate the info.

Moose
KING MACKEREL

Post by Moose »

crashmister wrote:Taz? :mrgreen:
no, not taz lol

went out this morning, sloooooow fishing, and rainy...managed a few small pomps and some trash fish on my pomp jig.

took the moms and girl out, each were able to get margates on the surf. My dad got a ribbon and a nice mack :cheers: (one of only 2 maybe 3 i saw)

other than that, saw a few blues and jacks come up...it was slow today, hopefully the wind cooperates later this week and it picks up, will be out Wednesday again more than likely.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

miami_mutton
Fisher

Post by miami_mutton »

Nice mackerel, thanks for the information
agonzalez0 wrote:
crashmister wrote:Taz? :mrgreen:
no, not taz lol

went out this morning, sloooooow fishing, and rainy...managed a few small pomps and some trash fish on my pomp jig.

took the moms and girl out, each were able to get margates on the surf. My dad got a ribbon and a nice mack :cheers: (one of only 2 maybe 3 i saw)

other than that, saw a few blues and jacks come up...it was slow today, hopefully the wind cooperates later this week and it picks up, will be out Wednesday again more than likely.

bulld0g62
Seasoned Fisher

Post by bulld0g62 »

Anything happening at the pier? Any bait around? Thinking about heading there tommorow
just remember, fishing is cheaper than a psychiatrist.

BoatlessFisherman
Fisherman - Owner - Administrator

Post by BoatlessFisherman »

Just Caught and this is not a joke, this is what happened the wahoo was swimming in the shallows and seemed to be disorientated and so it got snagged because it would not take anything and we got tired of looking at it. LOL
wahoo.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-Tommy A-

click, click, click, Fish ON - Over, Under, Over, Under Get out of my Way. Sound familiar.

fishnfool73

Post by fishnfool73 »

Nice grab

Green Tide
SHARKER

Post by Green Tide »

definitely a keeper,

You shoulda been here yesterday!!!

rshields
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by rshields »

Cool Luck and pluck

BEOWULF
KING MACKEREL

Post by BEOWULF »

:shock:
Last edited by BEOWULF on Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BEOWULF
KING MACKEREL

Post by BEOWULF »

A Wahoo from the pier??? You gotta be kiddin' me!!! :shock:

Xpierrat
Old Salt

Post by Xpierrat »

Funny just this past week several of us were talking about strange and not so common catches from the pier and about the only common fish that was mentioned as have never been seen caught was a Hoo...

Now I know it wasn't caught in the normal sense..... lure, bait etc...and was obviously in distress but nun the less there it is and will be a fond topic for the lucky angler for probably the rest of his life...

cool beans.....congrats
Rick

Return to “Pier Fishing Reports, Threads Archive”