Sebastian Inlet "Fishing Reports" 2013

This area is for Archived Pier fishing reports so those interested can go back in time and see what was being caught. This area will include all Old Pier Threads and any other fishing report threads that are archived.
fixed80
BLACK FIN TUNA

Re: Sebastian Inlet "Fishing Reports" 2013

Post by fixed80 »

oh ok

killula
KING MACKEREL

Post by killula »

My veins are getting dry. Poison is built up, may be time to head to SI soon if I can't catch a ride offshore this weekend.

tears143
KING MACKEREL

Post by tears143 »

Was there yesterday from 7am - 10pm...

A lot of baits in the water... from finger mullet, morrja, and small greenies.
At first light there seems to be a few people catching slot red... I saw them cleaning them at the cleaning table.
It was slow most of the time... maybe due to the full moon? But there's an bunch of jack 5-7lbs being caught, a few mango...
Late afternoon when a school of finger mullet come close to the north pier, mack was chasing them. about a dozen mack was caught during this time with the gotcha plug... I left mine in the car >.< too far of a walk and too much stuff to carry. I also saw a few bluerunner caught before hand... Other than those, no see snook.
I keep going with the off and on rain.
Finally caught a red, just before I am about to leave. Got 3 mango, 1 red, and a sunburn.

Where to get bait---
morrja - tide pool
Greenies - slack tide.. you'll see them.. inlet, beach.. etc
finger mullet - end of north pier, some in the tide pool.

fixed80
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by fixed80 »

fished the afternoon outgoing tide today. fishing was slow IMO... but what ever, it is what it is! saw mangrove snappers caught at the end and bluefish came in heavy on the ocean side back in further. they were barely legal blues i think. some jacks were caught but not many. snook were blasting at the right end corner all day from what i heard and seen but not one caught. i myself hooked into something very large on a live mullet but and it took about 200yrds of line off my reel. it wouldn't stop so i had to break the line by holding the spool. oh yeah the seaweed was terrible, very terrible on the north side specifically at the end. dont think i will be there tomorrow.

fixed80
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by fixed80 »

oh yeah i forgot something.... tons of finger mullet everywhere on the inlet side.

tears143
KING MACKEREL

Post by tears143 »

Yeah I forgot to mention that the seaweed is getting bad out there...

fixed80
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by fixed80 »

sure damn did! :wink: it would linger in and out the whole time in front of everyone that stood at the tip. didn't like that at all and the snags increased alot with all the present weed and fresh line broken off on the bottom.

tears143
KING MACKEREL

Post by tears143 »

fixed80 wrote:sure damn did! :wink: it would linger in and out the whole time in front of everyone that stood at the tip. didn't like that at all and the snags increased alot with all the present weed and fresh line broken off on the bottom.
It wasn't that bad when I was fishing yesterday the end of north pier... I switch to the catwalk and saw a bunch of those coming in...

fixed80
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by fixed80 »

didn't see much Saturday! a big mackerel on the deck and a jack. there were some reds caught in the afternoon according to JDHammer.

pinoyboykev
Weekend Warrior

Post by pinoyboykev »

Was out there on saturday on the South Jetty. A bunch of us hooked into small snook around 3pm. I would say 12 came over the rails on live mullet. We caught one 31 1/2 incher on a live finger mullet at 4pm. After that the bite was pretty slow.

gruntking
LUMBER-JACK

Post by gruntking »

pinoyboykev wrote:Was out there on saturday on the South Jetty. A bunch of us hooked into small snook around 3pm. I would say 12 came over the rails on live mullet. We caught one 31 1/2 incher on a live finger mullet at 4pm. After that the bite was pretty slow.
hows the red bite been ? i'll be outthere this weekend
fishman joe fb fishmanjoe instagram
YOU CAN CALL ME CAPTAIN

pinoyboykev
Weekend Warrior

Post by pinoyboykev »

I didn't see any reds come up on the south side, but I heard the north jetty has been doing pretty well.

tears143
KING MACKEREL

Post by tears143 »

gruntking wrote:
pinoyboykev wrote:Was out there on saturday on the South Jetty. A bunch of us hooked into small snook around 3pm. I would say 12 came over the rails on live mullet. We caught one 31 1/2 incher on a live finger mullet at 4pm. After that the bite was pretty slow.
hows the red bite been ? i'll be outthere this weekend
Yesterday near sunset it's red hot... saw like 10-15 slot red being landed. This morning was slow.. saw 1 or 2 being landed.

migs24
Old Salt

Post by migs24 »

Fished Saturday afternoon/night. The winds were ridiculous and the weeds didn't make it any better. Plenty of lady fish at night. Ill be going back this weekend. Some reds pulled up and plenty of fingers around.

gruntking
LUMBER-JACK

Post by gruntking »

good to hear i'll be outthere saturday morning
YOU CAN CALL ME CAPTAIN

fixed80
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by fixed80 »

gruntking wrote:good to hear i'll be outthere saturday morning
David will put you on some fish for sure. :)

fixed80
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by fixed80 »

fishing sucked today from 12am to 2:30am. didn't see anything good caught except some catfish. no reds, snook, ladyfish period. no sharks either. north side had a bunch of seaweed off the tip. south side it lingered on the beach side of the jetty. no life what so ever. it could have changed until the tide slack but i wasn't staying there for for that.

killula
KING MACKEREL

Post by killula »

I'll be going back soon. Can't go This week because I have a bahamas west end trip, my first one... So Stoked! Next week I'll be going again to SI, probably on Friday night.

fixed80
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by fixed80 »

put a few hours in last night and saw one snook 32 1/2 caught on the south side. i later switched up and went to the north side to shark fish. saw a lot of ladyfish caught and one red that looked just over slot. one guy got a blacktip about 4 feet. i hooked one shark but it got free(i knew that was going to happen). lots of cut offs from sharks or other toothy fish running into the lines last night.

fixed80
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by fixed80 »

fished last night till 2am. hooked two sharks but got broken off somehow. my co got a poon about 25 30lbs. we moved to the north side and i got several ladyfish and a ribbon fish. one guy had a huge snook in the upper 30" range. thats it.

yes the ribs are here! lol

fixed80
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by fixed80 »

Anything is possible :D

fixed80
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by fixed80 »

got out today and shark fished the south side with no success. some guys were catching sheepshead and some jacks. left because everyone wanted to crowd me and went to the other side. oh yeah, got bait first and then went to the north jetty. saw some big ladyfish and quite a few reds that were just over slot. one guy had a big drum over 40lbs he told me. lost it though and the same guy had caught a legal permit and some smaller drum. one guy in the corner kept losing snook after snook. it took like 7 i think before he got one. jacks would sometimes come through also but the biggest was 8lbs probably. the rest 3lbs. i was using live mullet but a shark grabbed it and i lost him eventually. decided to bring the 6/0 out and hooked a few more. got two tips close to the jetty and the hook came out. the other one didn't come free so i walked it down the beach. i'll put a pic up later.

fixed80
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by fixed80 »

let him handle the rod for me while i snap a pic.

gruntking
LUMBER-JACK

Post by gruntking »

BIG DAVE :happyfisherman:
YOU CAN CALL ME CAPTAIN

fixed80
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by fixed80 »

got two today. the two shark pic is a double header from me and another guy.

swordfish
SHARKER

Post by swordfish »

I love how perfect these predators are... Just one look and there is no doubt why they ARE the top dog in the food chain... Good catch!

-swordfish

opiato
Old Salt

Post by opiato »

:dude: that last ones a fatty. How big? I've just been gettin 4ft spinners on the south side lately

fixed80
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by fixed80 »

yesterday it was very sh!tty out. saw lots of tarpon across the channel near monster hole. hooked up to either a tarpon or shark but the line broke near my mono topshot. saw a few upper 30" reds caught but still it was a slow day for jigging. BlacktipH was there and got 4 sharks on the south side. he told me he hooked up to tarpon also.

Return to “Pier Fishing Reports, Threads Archive”