Bakers Haulover Inlet - 2009 Fishing Reports Only

This area is for Archived Pier fishing reports so those interested can go back in time and see what was being caught. This area will include all Old Pier Threads and any other fishing report threads that are archived.
BRunner346
"WE RUN IT"

Re: Bakers Haulover Inlet - 2009 Fishing Reports Only

Post by BRunner346 »

thanks for the report.
"There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot."

IM CHUMMING
- Who Run It -

Post by IM CHUMMING »

mmmmmmmm yummm bluefish

fishbox
Fisher

Post by fishbox »

SORRY. yes I meant blue runners.

westcoast
Seasoned Fisher

Post by westcoast »

dont u have to have a fishing license to fish there now?
California-Florida fisherman

fishbox
Fisher

Post by fishbox »

yes, but you need a fishing license to fish any place now, thanks to the new license regulations that went into effect a couple of months ago.

Boca Jetty Rat
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Boca Jetty Rat »

I love when they cast over my line with squid and skrimps.

cudaking305
Old Salt

Post by cudaking305 »

:happyfisherman: Went out to haulover today caught a 26 in snook on a live pilchard, the blue runner and jack crevalle were going crazy in the morning. also i caught 1 cero mack !! all cught on jigs rapalas and live bait. The bait in the morning was stacked but then got scattered arounnd 10 am! and went to the begining!
:thumleft:
Fishing all day everyday

IM CHUMMING
- Who Run It -

Post by IM CHUMMING »

cudaking305 wrote::happyfisherman: Went out to haulover today caught a 26 in snook on a live pilchard, the blue runner and jack crevalle were going crazy in the morning. also i caught 1 cero mack !! all cught on jigs rapalas and live bait. The bait in the morning was stacked but then got scattered arounnd 10 am! and went to the begining!
thanks for the report :toast:

fixed80
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by fixed80 »

cudaking305 wrote::happyfisherman: Went out to haulover today caught a 26 in snook on a live pilchard, the blue runner and jack crevalle were going crazy in the morning. also i caught 1 cero mack !! all cught on jigs rapalas and live bait. The bait in the morning was stacked but then got scattered arounnd 10 am! and went to the begining!

islandkitty
Weekend Warrior

Post by islandkitty »

Went out to Haulover on the spur of the moment fishing trip. I got there at 10: 30am and got a big fish but it popped my line . Later while site fishing I caught a nice mangrove snapper along with a blue runner, and some porgies. All caught on skrimps. The bait started running at around 11am and I saw one guy pull up a big snook on squid :shock: and them the bhpd came rolling through and told the guy that he had to put it back in the water.

I'm shocked that they are actually working today cause they kept riding by checking ppl.

Maybe I will go back tomorrow.

rshields
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by rshields »

Was the snook a slot size?

islandkitty
Weekend Warrior

Post by islandkitty »

rshields wrote:Was the snook a slot size?
No , rshields the snook was about 35". Maybe they did not have the snook tag/permit to be able to turn it in to dinner.

Ok I went again today, got there at around 9am boy was the bait thick and the blue runnas , jacks, and snook were having a ball. Couldn't get the snook to bite so all I caught were jacks at around 11am fishing died down and all I pulled up was the snapper nursery.

cudaking305
Old Salt

Post by cudaking305 »

Got bak from haulover rly cold outside the macks have been there in good numbers there was just one problem no bait :shock: . I caught a nice cero and a couple jack crevalle! the blue runner bite has slowed down and the jacks have taken over there was only some bait in the begining but just a small school and a guy cast netted all of them :evil: The mack and the jack were all caught on a small bomber lure :D :happyfisherman:

tight lines hope this report helped! :thumleft:
Fishing all day everyday

cudaking305
Old Salt

Post by cudaking305 »

rebel33i wrote:Thanks cudaking :dude:
u welcome im fishing there AGAIN TOMMOROW ill make sure to give a report tommorow afternoon :thumright:
Fishing all day everyday

jinnes22
Fisher

Post by jinnes22 »

1st time fishing the Haulover Inlet today. Actually first time dipping my rod into the ocean here in South Florida (just moved from Los Angeles). Showed up around 1:30-2 and there was no bait at all. Around 4:30 the bait showed up, and I threw my net and caught a few. I free lined a small bait and hooked into a 100+lb Tarpon. Totally unexpected, and not really anticapting such a big fish. Up and down the walkway fighting it for 20 minutes, and finally the Tarpon took off into the Intercoastal and Spooled my whole reel, and left me with no line.

BRunner346
"WE RUN IT"

Post by BRunner346 »

thats an awesome 20 minutes of fishing
"There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot."

westcoast
Seasoned Fisher

Post by westcoast »

welcome to south florida, i am from southern california too, maybe we can go fishing sometime - i'll show you how we do it on the east coast
California-Florida fisherman

fishbox
Fisher

Post by fishbox »

welcome too the city, I have a question! Does anyone on the forum know where one can pick up fiddler crabs on the shore line anywhere near haulover area. As every one knows the sheepheads are coming and they love the fiddler crabs. I am going today looking for myself but would love to have some insider information on some locations. Thanks in advance for the info.

cudaking305
Old Salt

Post by cudaking305 »

got bak from haulover soaking wet, big wavess at haulover means u geting wet! Today was a pretty good day of fishing caught 3 cero mackeral all on a crappie jig and maybe got cut off 3 times to mackeral swallowing my lure :evil: caught about 15 jack crevalle on spoons, jigs ,crappie jigs and live bait, :D also caught 4 keeper mangrove snapper on live bait the biggest being 16 in :thumleft: Hope this report helps :thumright:

Tight Lines
jinnes22 wrote:1st time fishing the Haulover Inlet today. Actually first time dipping my rod into the ocean here in South Florida (just moved from Los Angeles). Showed up around 1:30-2 and there was no bait at all. Around 4:30 the bait showed up, and I threw my net and caught a few. I free lined a small bait and hooked into a 100+lb Tarpon. Totally unexpected, and not really anticapting such a big fish. Up and down the walkway fighting it for 20 minutes, and finally the Tarpon took off into the Intercoastal and Spooled my whole reel, and left me with no line.
welcome to florida and nice fish :thumleft:
Fishing all day everyday

kenknight86
Fisher

Post by kenknight86 »

Hi everyone, how exactly do you get to this fishing spot? I usually go to Commercial Pier or Dania Pier. Please help!

hevdaking
Fisher

Post by hevdaking »

These reports are all fom the jetty? I never fished haulover but im getting tired of dania so i want to try it out...

cudaking305
Old Salt

Post by cudaking305 »

hevdaking wrote:These reports are all fom the jetty? I never fished haulover but im getting tired of dania so i want to try it out...
hell yeah theyre from the jetty best place to fish except commercial but it cost to much! :evil: dania i heard was doing good yesterday my friend went and caught a 7 lb mack! heard the bluefish are there too gonna check it out on saturday and fish the jetty on sunday and get my guaranteed mackeral! :thumleft:
Fishing all day everyday

islandkitty
Weekend Warrior

Post by islandkitty »

rebel33i wrote:Thanks for the reports Kitty FYI even if the guy had a snook stamp he would not have been able to harvest that snook as it was over the slot. They can be no smaller then 28" and no bigger then 32#. Were you throwing livies or shrimp? If you can try and use whatever they are feeding on with no weights or swivels.
I stopped using swivels a while back and only use a uni knot now for my leaders, I was using a live sardine with no weight. He musta been full. Unlike the jacks.

Cudaking305: What time were you at haulover monday? Maybe I saw you, before my feet and ankles got wet and I headed home empty handed.

cudaking305
Old Salt

Post by cudaking305 »

islandkitty wrote:
rebel33i wrote:Thanks for the reports Kitty FYI even if the guy had a snook stamp he would not have been able to harvest that snook as it was over the slot. They can be no smaller then 28" and no bigger then 32#. Were you throwing livies or shrimp? If you can try and use whatever they are feeding on with no weights or swivels.
I stopped using swivels a while back and only use a uni knot now for my leaders, I was using a live sardine with no weight. He musta been full. Unlike the jacks.

Cudaking305: What time were you at haulover monday? Maybe I saw you, before my feet and ankles got wet and I headed home empty handed.
I think i was there around like from 7 15 till like 11 or 12 i was wearing glasses had a sweater on and a beanie? remember me? had jeans on caught mack?
Fishing all day everyday

islandkitty
Weekend Warrior

Post by islandkitty »

I think i was there around like from 7 15 till like 11 or 12 i was wearing glasses had a sweater on and a beanie? remember me? had jeans on caught mack?
I think I saw you, were you at the end of that wall, where all the water was crashing at. I was hanging by the trash can, I was one out of the 3 chicks fishing there.

cudaking305
Old Salt

Post by cudaking305 »

islandkitty wrote:
I think I saw you, were you at the end of that wall, where all the water was crashing at. I was hanging by the trash can, I was one out of the 3 chicks fishing there.
yep that was me were u the one that caught that nice ass mutton?
Fishing all day everyday

islandkitty
Weekend Warrior

Post by islandkitty »

cudaking305 wrote:
islandkitty wrote:
yep that was me were u the one that caught that nice ass mutton?

Nope, I wish it was. I had a little skateboard with me. However I did catch some nice mangos the last time, but I ran home after my shoes and pants got wet.

Return to “Pier Fishing Reports, Threads Archive”