Anglins Pier Fishing Reports 2008 "ONLY REPORTS"

This area is for Archived Pier fishing reports so those interested can go back in time and see what was being caught. This area will include all Old Pier Threads and any other fishing report threads that are archived.
james380
........POST HO........... "I post for FREE"

Re: Anglins Pier Fishing Reports 2008 "ONLY REPORTS"

Post by james380 »

The shape of that cuttlefish looks like the one I caught except it was more translucent. Maybe because it was bigger?
"Political correctness is tyranny with manners."
- Charlton Heston
"Truth is treason in an empire of lies." - Ron Paul
In the beginning god created Evolution.

gatorkong
Seasoned Fisher

Post by gatorkong »

Here is pic of suid I caught the other night.Image

James are you going to BCS game?

gatorkong
Seasoned Fisher

Post by gatorkong »

Sorry for mistype. Meant "squid"

fishnfool73
AMBASSADOR to the... BF FORUM

Post by fishnfool73 »

The one GATORKONG caught looks like the common one for our area ie Carb. red squid. The one RICKY caught is the ones I normally catch on Anglins and was told they were cuttlefish. Well someone come up with what it really is .
Dreaming the dream that one day I can be as good as some of the boatless pros and catch some 12 inch mangrove snapper.

bolo
USER BANNED

Post by bolo »

What JDL is incorrect? Say it isn't so. 8)
The Judge asked the prostitute, "At what point did you realize you were raped?"
The prostitute replied (wiping away tears), "When the check bounced."

james380

Post by james380 »

Whatever the hell it is mine looked like Gators.

GK - not at the prices i'm not. I'm just hoping tickets fall into my lap thru work. How bout you?
- Charlton Heston

gatorkong
Seasoned Fisher

Post by gatorkong »

James.. My group has 10 tix $575 each. It is worth it since I missed the last 2 championships. Should be a great game. Hopefully we can sell a few to help offset the cost. I will have a full house of GATOR fans coming down for the game.
Sorry to derail post guys/girls.

How does this weekend look for pier? Since I missed the ROB and crew fish bonanza?

james380

Post by james380 »

GK very nice. I'm envious for sure. I'm sure you can make up some of the cost on ebay. :mrgreen:
- Charlton Heston

SnapperSnatcher
Old Salt

Post by SnapperSnatcher »

Was any fish cought today ????????????? eatpop
''Bobster The Lobster''

bolo
USER BANNED

Post by bolo »

SnapperSnatcher wrote:Was any fish cought today ????????????? eatpop
Que? cought? Please speakie English. :D

bibijawa
Fisher

Post by bibijawa »

Hi guys, i've been reading this forum for a while and this is my first post. I was at the pier yesterday from 6am to 10am and managed to catch a mac and an aj. Things were pretty slow, I only saw a couple of macs caught and a couple of short muttons. It was raining or sprinkling most of the time I was there. Do you regulars think the 10-15 mph N.E. wind forcasted for thursday will make any kind of difference in the mac and pompano bight or does it need to be windier for that?
Thanks in advance for your help.

fishnfool73

Post by fishnfool73 »

I feel that the first day that thewinds pick up so will the fishing again.
Dreaming the dream that one day I can be as good as some of the boatless pros and catch some 12 inch mangrove snapper.

bolo
USER BANNED

Post by bolo »

Welcome to the forum. You didnt do too bad. Fishing will be a hit and miss during this beginning winter season. Like Fishnfool said you need that wind to pick up. Good luck.

Boruchlen
" Forum Mensch "

Post by Boruchlen »

Still seasick from my boat trip last night :pukel: , but if I can, I plan on trying to catch Pompano at Anglins tomorrow morning. (That is if my business partners wife doesn't give birth overnight, in which case I need to be at work early). I plan on getting there @ +- 6:30 am and stay till 9:00 - 9:30am. if I'm there, I will be the guy in BDU's, desert boots and a sleeveless charcoal jacket.
It is a far better thing to have caught and lost, than to have never caught at all.
Courage is not a lack of fear, but the ability to act while facing fear

Boruchlen
" Forum Mensch "

Post by Boruchlen »

No problem Rebel33i, but considering that I am quite new at this myself, don't expect too much from me :? . But I'll certainly help with whatever I can. :reeling:
I went pompano fishing the first time on Sunday at anglin's and caught one pomp. Not too bad. Delicious :chef:
It is a far better thing to have caught and lost, than to have never caught at all.

Gotcha
KING MACKEREL

Post by Gotcha »

The macks are to the last hut to the T same as the pomps the gogs are the last hut use gog bugs. mutts same thing good luck

Boruchlen
" Forum Mensch "

Post by Boruchlen »

Gotcha wrote:The macks are to the last hut to the T same as the pomps the gogs are the last hut use gog bugs. mutts same thing good luck
Sunday, the pompanos were just before the middle hut. What are gogs, gogbugs and mutts?

bolo
USER BANNED

Post by bolo »

Boruchlen wrote:
Gotcha wrote:The macks are to the last hut to the T same as the pomps the gogs are the last hut use gog bugs. mutts same thing good luck
Sunday, the pompanos were just before the middle hut. What are gogs, gogbugs and mutts?
Pomps are usually caught before the hut. They like swim up and down the trough and sandbar. They have been know to follow the reef line too. Gogs are Goggle Eyes = great cut bait. Gog bugs are ice fishing jigs. You can catch them also on crappie 1/16 or 1/8oz white jigs. During night to before first light just slowly swim them across the water and you will nail a few. Ice jigs are for jigging them during the day. The goggle eyes can be difficult at times since they get hit all the time by anglers. So you need to constant pay attention and change. Be the bird that wakes up to get the early worm and you wont have to struggle catching gogs in the morning. :wink: Mutts is short for lazy people who dont wont to spell out Mutton Snapper. :roll:

Boruchlen
" Forum Mensch "

Post by Boruchlen »

Thanks for the info. Do you know if they sell crappie 1/16 or 1/8oz white jigs at the pier? And what do you feel about frozen sand fleas? I caught my pomp on Sunday, on frozen sand fleas.
Also, do you recommend using a pompano rig with the crappie 1/16 or 1/8oz white jigs? or just one on a leader?
Thanks again for the advice.

fishnfool73

Post by fishnfool73 »

You are better off going to BPS or Walmart for the crappie jigs they are in the freshwater section. I use 20 - 30 lb leader for the crappie jigs and seldom get cut off.

bolo
USER BANNED

Post by bolo »

Boruchlen wrote:Thanks for the info. Do you know if they sell crappie 1/16 or 1/8oz white jigs at the pier? And what do you feel about frozen sand fleas? I caught my pomp on Sunday, on frozen sand fleas.
Also, do you recommend using a pompano rig with the crappie 1/16 or 1/8oz white jigs? or just one on a leader?
Thanks again for the advice.
Always use fresh bait but if you dont have any then frozen is the next best thing. Go thru the How to Article Section to learn how to find and catch sand fleas.

Boruchlen
" Forum Mensch "

Post by Boruchlen »

Thanks all, I'll let you know how it turns out tomorrow. (If I go).

bolo
USER BANNED

Post by bolo »

rebel33i wrote:So i headed out to anglins this morning with my brother we got there around 6am with pompano and macks on the brain we acheived one at least.I must say this was a great 1st time visit to this place i got to meet a couple members who were both very very friendly not like pier crowds i am used to again Janet and Bruce was very nice meeting and chit chatting with you all.1st cast in with my new found obsession pompano rig brother goes down to the T i was before the middle hut my calcutta goes off i'm like wooohoo 1st pomp on 1st cast but no ,a pretty big blowfish lol but hey the skunk was off my back 20 minutes later i see my bros rod bent over he lands a lesser jack around 22 23".While pomp fishing i noticed macks crashing baits got out the bucktail along with my brother we nabbed 2 decent size fish i caught a sand perch around 2# and bro finished out with a cuda i am going to try and post a couple pix of the macks if i can i'm in red bro is wearing U skully.I really will admit anglins changed my view of piers i guess they are all not evil :dude: I had a great time the fishing was decent and i met quite a a few NICE people for a change, the pier is clean and ran well i will definitely be fishing here more and hope to meet some more of you guys so no pomps some macks and a great time!!sorry its a long report im still new to this report thing so if its too long let me know.EDIT i couldnt figure out the uploading pix thing i will try later if someone can give me some help pm would be gr8
Great to hear you had a great time. Even tho we like making fun of Anglins Pier most members call it home. I wouldnt go anywhere else. :D Remember there is a $2.00 off coupon on this site. Make sure you take advantage of it. :D

Sign up to Photobucket and you can upload the pictures to there server. The service is free. http://photobucket.com/ They will provide you the code to post pictures on the forum.

CHAD
Old Salt

Post by CHAD »

anyone headin out tomorow?
DO WHAT YOU LOVE , LOVE WHAT YOU DO

Return to “Pier Fishing Reports, Threads Archive”