Dania Pier Fishing Reports 2008 "ONLY REPORTS"

This area is for Archived Pier fishing reports so those interested can go back in time and see what was being caught. This area will include all Old Pier Threads and any other fishing report threads that are archived.
BoatlessFisherman
Fisherman - Owner - Administrator

Dania Pier Fishing Reports 2008 "ONLY REPORTS"

Post by BoatlessFisherman »

Thanks for your fishing reports.
-Tommy A-

click, click, click, Fish ON - Over, Under, Over, Under Get out of my Way. Sound familiar.

StyngRay
KING MACKEREL

Post by StyngRay »

I won, I'm first to post no fishing report, and talk trash.
Really though, I'm taking a drive to the pier and check to see
how the waves are doing. If I see anyone catching fish,
you'll be the first to know.
Plain And Simple, Life's A Beach!
ABCDEDBD FISHYS?

Lomax aka ZEBCO
SHARKER

Post by Lomax aka ZEBCO »

8) You still owe me fleas Mr. Ray

Kevin_Oz
Seasoned Fisher

Post by Kevin_Oz »

cant wait to get back out there, took a little vacation now im ready to get skunked again. anything good happening? i hear alot of blues and snapper but thats about it
Smells Like Robot

James@joshuasjigs
Fisher

Sunday Jan. 6

Post by James@joshuasjigs »

Bait early at T. Large pilchards only. Son Joshua went 1 for 1 on a 5lb. Spanish. I went 0 for 4 on ??? 1 missed mack, 1 clean cut, and 2 mouthed baits.

James@joshuasjigs
Fisher

Joshua's 5 lb. Spanish

IM CHUMMING
- Who Run It -

Post by IM CHUMMING »

really nice mac

gofish
Seasoned Fisher

Post by gofish »

went to the pier today from 9am to 1pm there was some herring around and some ballyhoo that some guys were chumming up....there was one nice 5 to 6lb mack caught on a trollied herring and that was it until about noon when it seemed like someone flipped a switch and there were bluefish everywhere that went on for about 20 to 30 mintues I managed to land 7 in the 3 to 4lb range on a gotcha plug before I tired out and had more than I cared to clean.....on another note there was a 5 1/2lb Porgy caught Sunday that was just sick....
Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught

gofish
Seasoned Fisher

Post by gofish »

phino wrote:
gofish wrote:went to the pier today from 9am to 1pm there was some herring around and some ballyhoo that some guys were chumming up....there was one nice 5 to 6lb mack caught on a trollied herring and that was it until about noon when it seemed like someone flipped a switch and there were bluefish everywhere that went on for about 20 to 30 mintues I managed to land 7 in the 3 to 4lb range on a gotcha plug before I tired out and had more than I cared to clean.....on another note there was a 5 1/2lb Porgy caught Sunday that was just sick....
hmm, were you the one that i approached and asked if it was a dead day? just wondering... walked the pier from 10:48am - 11:25am or so just checked out what was going on.
I believe so...where you the blond kid?

James@joshuasjigs
Fisher

The Blonde Kid

The blonde kid is my son Joshua (11 years old)

http://boatlessfishing.com/gallery1/mai ... emId=15591

Cookinman
FORUM CHEF "RETIRED"

Post by Cookinman »

Nice Mac !
TEAM 'COOKIN' :
:chef: "Still building 'em one BAITCATCHER at a time " :chef:

gofish
Seasoned Fisher

Post by gofish »

this report is for Wed 01/09/2008 went to the pier from 9:30am to 1:30pm...the water was clear and calm not much baitfish around to be caught.....the only positive news was that there was a school of bluefish heading our way as someone phoned in that was fishing from ocean eleven....about 11ish we started to see birds close to the shore feeding on bait fish and soon there after there was an explosion in the water's calm with ballyhoo and pilchards flying everywhere...they came in towards the middle of the pier so i ran down there with my gotcha and hooked a 4 or 5 lber on my light rod that straightened out the treble hook and popped off after i got tangled with a guy trying to catch the blues with a sabiki rig :shock: there were actually 2 of them with sabiki rigs trying to catch bluefish..lol anyway it didn't last as long as tuesdays run but i did manage to get 3 of them not as big as tuesdays but still lots of fun...after that it went back to being dead....

Frogfish101
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Frogfish101 »

WTF, on sabikis? What were they thinking? All they will get is a big mess of hooks... :wink:

Nice blues!
"Our lives are defined by the sum of our ventures into the unknown."
-Juro Mukai

krash
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by krash »

Redfish at Dania Pier ?

Todays Sun Sentinel fishing report for Inlets and Piers said someone caught a 26.5" Red at Dania Pier. Anybody see it, got a photo, did it really happen ?
SW, Live to Fish, Have Tackle will travel ... >,)))~> ~~~~

Gotcha
KING MACKEREL

Post by Gotcha »

yes it did I WAS THERE BY THE SHACK

frentals
KING MACKEREL

Post by frentals »

My buddy Carlos got a 32 in mack today on a dead ballyhoo, Will have pics soon, the thing was easily over 10lbs

Kevin_Oz
Seasoned Fisher

Post by Kevin_Oz »

i was out there from 8am till 9pm with an array of different friends throughout the say. tons of ballyhoo, loaded up on about 5 dozen. i hooked an awesome smaberjack about 2 1/2 feet, and after fighting him to come in, a guy decided to try and get his line off mine (the fish ran into it durring the fight) and he ended up pulling hard and breaking off the hook. we were pissed, but oh well, at least we had him at the surfact to get a good look at size/type. lots of macks, saw carlos catch that huge ass mack at the T, but honestly i was focused on the bait all day. walked out with 2 macks so i was happy, gave em to the kid at the end since it was too late to take to my friends. might head out monday morning again if the bait keeps up. thanks all, goodluck. if you saw me today (just east of the cutting board) lemme know. cause i know i met about 10 people today but im terrible with names. thanks
Smells Like Robot

Kevin_Oz
Seasoned Fisher

Post by Kevin_Oz »

im gonna head out tonight and try some cut ballyhoo somewhere between the 1st set of benches and the t, keep an eye out if you want to say hey
Smells Like Robot

silverjag4000
Fisher

Post by silverjag4000 »

Did you manage anything last night, I'm going to prob head down there tomorrow, since I have all testing this week and I get out early of school, and no school friday. whats been bitin? are the macks here yet? kings? I've got a new bait trap that I got, and want to test it out catching some ballyhoo ,and other baits of sorts. and I got some new really good line for my surf rod+ a fresh stock of terminal tackle. (got a bunch of gift cards from christmas)

is anyone catchin?

Kevin_Oz
Seasoned Fisher

Post by Kevin_Oz »

last night it was really nice around 9pm, i caught 5 blues, all really big, and a decent mutton (19inches), a few sharks at the t. the bait was nowhere to be seen but i was just using the frozen ballyhoo i had caught friday of last week (i think friday). everyone around me seemed to have the same good luck. the dude next to me landed 4 blues in about 1 hour, but then the bite turned off at about midnight. i ended up getting spooled on some 40lb braided cause i didnt pay attention to my spool, forgetting it was low on line. all in all, seemed to work well. lemme know how ur bait trap works and what yo go for. talk was yesterday there were no macks or kings in the area, just ALOT of blues. ok lemme know how ya do, goodluck
Smells Like Robot

Return to “Pier Fishing Reports, Threads Archive”