vacation help

Ask or Tell us Anything that is not about Fishing, this is the Off Topic Section for the light hearted things.
Backwoods123
Old Salt

vacation help

Post by Backwoods123 »

Whats up guys... Late february i am wanting to take a vacation with my gf for 9 days.. Was going to go to the keys but wanna go somewhere different somewhere fun... Looking for all ideas.. Destinations..things to do... Appreciate the help thanks

phillybass
Seasoned Fisher

Re: vacation help

Post by phillybass »

That really depends on what you want to do down here. so many places and things to do.
Tight Lines and Burning Drags!!!

Backwoods123
Old Salt

Post by Backwoods123 »

Anything really all of the above.... Fishing... Tours.. Boats.. Activities... Sight see... Anything theres alot that can be done in 9 days lol kist looking for some ideas

phillybass
Seasoned Fisher

Post by phillybass »

The keys has a lot of things to do and great fishing. Famous sight seeing places and nice beaches.
Tight Lines and Burning Drags!!!

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

What about a trip out to Alaska? If not, a place like Costa Rica- To knock out the Rooster Fish off your list

fasted1500
Weekend Warrior

Post by fasted1500 »

Road trip to Wally World sounds like fun.

krash
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by krash »

Costa Rica.. Great fishing, Volcanoes, Rain Forest.. ZipLines, good surfing too, and not that expensive.
SW, Live to Fish, Have Tackle will travel ... >,)))~> ~~~~

swordfish
SHARKER

Post by swordfish »

Im also with Krash on Costa Rica, I'd do that in a heartbeat. Like he said, it REALLY is not that expensive. However, if you want a new and unique experience, I HAVE to recommend the Smoky Mountains bud... It is truly God's Country! Given that we can fish 365 days a year, I figured I'd do something out of the ordinary and I was amazed... Not only was it CHEAP, but it was breathtaking!

I stayed at Murphy, NC, at a "cabin" (read 2 bedroom 2 bathroom HUGE house, 2 floors)
We took trips to see some of Northern Georgia, AND Tennessee. The house cost me $75 a night, which you just CANT beat. If youre insterested Ill give you the ladies email and website.

Sometimes its good to just change it up a bit, and go see something you have yet to see! Given the price of gas right now, Roadtrip would be what I'd choose!

-Swordfish

cantseeme47
KING MACKEREL

Post by cantseeme47 »

Cant beat a cruise man saw 6 places and got shots at permit and bonefish from land and caught all the tarpon I could handle also from land. All under 2000
Be not afraid of greatness: some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them.

gruntking
LUMBER-JACK

Post by gruntking »

fasted1500 wrote:Road trip to Wally World sounds like fun.

i second that
fishman joe fb fishmanjoe instagram
YOU CAN CALL ME CAPTAIN

permitchaser
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by permitchaser »

cantseeme47 wrote:Cant beat a cruise man saw 6 places and got shots at permit and bonefish from land and caught all the tarpon I could handle also from land. All under 2000

x2 Even if you don't get to fish ,at this time of year they are pretty cheap , I prefer with balcony, without it its cheaper .
caribbean islands itinerary.the only bad thing its that you going to gain like 10 pounds or more if you love food n drinking .

@ cantseeme where did you go?

permitchaser
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by permitchaser »

swordfish wrote:Im also with Krash on Costa Rica, I'd do that in a heartbeat. Like he said, it REALLY is not that expensive. However, if you want a new and unique experience, I HAVE to recommend the Smoky Mountains bud... It is truly God's Country! Given that we can fish 365 days a year, I figured I'd do something out of the ordinary and I was amazed... Not only was it CHEAP, but it was breathtaking!

I stayed at Murphy, NC, at a "cabin" (read 2 bedroom 2 bathroom HUGE house, 2 floors)
We took trips to see some of Northern Georgia, AND Tennessee. The house cost me $75 a night, which you just CANT beat. If youre insterested Ill give you the ladies email and website.

Sometimes its good to just change it up a bit, and go see something you have yet to see! Given the price of gas right now, Roadtrip would be what I'd choose!

-Swordfish

this one ,I will love to do,i will be asking you a few questions Juan :toast:

Backwoods123
Old Salt

Post by Backwoods123 »

Yeah costa rica is awesome was there 3 years ago stayed for a week!! Fun experience.... I ended up booking a 4 night cruise and a 3 night trip to the keys lol so if anyone is guna be down in the keys from feb 23-26 lmk we can meet up and fish!! Thanks for all the suggestions guys!!

swordfish
SHARKER

Post by swordfish »

Here, Ill post some pics at random. The more colorful ones have filters from Instagram.

This last pic was a creek running behind the backyard. Nothing like sitting next to it and listening to water run. Either way, this is my vote, I will be up there as soon as I can again!

-Swordfish

Kingofthesea
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Kingofthesea »

Alaska. If any of you suggesting Costa Rica have been to Alaska and are still recommending going south that's fine. Then you position is as balanced as mine. In my life, Alaska has a magic I have not seen anywhere else in the world. If you love fishing
Those old queen slave owners that wrote our Constitution 200 years ago were brilliant.

"Every four years Americans get the President they deserve".

SaltyDog
KING MACKEREL

Post by SaltyDog »

hey Juan what month were those pics taken?

swordfish
SHARKER

Post by swordfish »

Early December. Saw a bit of a dusting by Newfound Gap, but nothing crazy.

-Swordfish

Leadslinger
Old Salt

Post by Leadslinger »

Please tell me you went inside the Old Mill to eat and not just a photo op Juan?

Miss that place!

swordfish
SHARKER

Post by swordfish »

Hell yeah I did... Here we are derailing this thread... Hell of a place to eat... Stupid cheap, and CRAZY portions of damn good American cuisine... Corn chowder and corn bread, right next to a moonshine store too with free samples.... O_O best trip ever!

-Swordfish

Leadslinger
Old Salt

Post by Leadslinger »

Hey could be worse, could be derailing it with mindless loving and moaning about this that or the other thing.

Send me the name of the lady you rented from, our place in Blairsville is not longer available.

swordfish
SHARKER

Post by swordfish »

https://www.flipkey.com/murphy-cabin-rentals/p193042/

Here it is, I got no secrets, I pay it forward. It is a Eastern European lady and shes very nice, quite accommodating. I cant say enough good about this, now go up there and have FUN! Also the Chinese buffet in town is GOOD, but it closes on Tuesday, which was a bummer since it was under $20 for two and had good American food right next to the American - Chinese staple. Everything felt fresher, better. It is hard to explain until you experience it. Also, when you do go, don't fuel up in town, go to Georgia, price difference is crazy. I personally prefer Chevron Supreme (I drive turbo :bounce: ) and it gives me the best possible MPG so had to drive to Blairsville, GA for a fill up. I did not mind, the road there and back is VERY curvy and quite fun to drive. I will eventually get around to uploading to youtube some of the 10 hours of driving I recorded on the Go Pro in the Mountains.... Man I want to go back ASAP! Now you got me thinking about it!

Go through Flipkey, if anything happens with the rental that is beyond your control but the fault of the owner they make you whole. I am not sure on the weather right now, but If I were to go I'd want it to be snowing, even if it is scary without 4x4, I went up to the Sky Resort in Pigeon Forge (the one you can take a Gondola to) and let me tell ya, it was dicey! You HAVE to go slow or end up wearing your car, this was in normal weather, the car slides a bit at times due to the angles, I cannot imagine in ice.... :eye: :eye: :eye: :eye:

-Swordfish

Leadslinger
Old Salt

Post by Leadslinger »

Gracias man. Gotta go up in late March for some training and figure I'll add a few days to make a vacation out of it.

The little woman always ask me about moving back to NC. I answer with January through March...brrr lol!

cantseeme47
KING MACKEREL

Post by cantseeme47 »

permitchaser wrote:
cantseeme47 wrote:Cant beat a cruise man saw 6 places and got shots at permit and bonefish from land and caught all the tarpon I could handle also from land. All under 2000

x2 Even if you don't get to fish ,at this time of year they are pretty cheap , I prefer with balcony, without it its cheaper .
caribbean islands itinerary.the only bad thing its that you going to gain like 10 pounds or more if you love food n drinking .

@ cantseeme where did you go?
I second the balcony idea they are really nice. Gf and me went to belize, grandcaymen, cozumel, roatanisland, and keywest but I dont count that lol
Be not afraid of greatness: some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them.

permitchaser
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by permitchaser »

^ :toast:

Return to “Off Topic Lounge "light hearted"”