fishing museum dania

Ask or Tell us Anything that is not about Fishing, this is the Off Topic Section for the light hearted things.
K R lip
Seasoned Fisher

fishing museum dania

Post by K R lip »

I just read that fish hall of fame will close by end of year and move out of FL. The igfa office will still stay on second floor. Just a heads up for those that have never been

Kingofthesea
GOLIATH GROUPER

Re: fishing museum dania

Post by Kingofthesea »

This is why recreational sportfishing is a dinasaur doomed for extinction. The Fishing Hall of Fame is actually moving from our backyard to freakin Missouri because the museum couldn't reel in enough visitors, even in fish-crazy South Florida. So it's splitting from the IGFA and hooking up with a wildlife attraction in Missouri. OUTSIDE OF BASS PRO. And we don't care. Shame on us.
Those old queen slave owners that wrote our Constitution 200 years ago were brilliant.

"Every four years Americans get the President they deserve".

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

Never went there once....KOTS can you share with us on why we should care?

fishnfool73
AMBASSADOR to the... BF FORUM

Post by fishnfool73 »

Cool place to visit from the boardwalk in the back to the record size fish mounts to the virtual fish fighting. Sad day indeed and testament to the apathy by local recreational fisherman.
Dreaming the dream that one day I can be as good as some of the boatless pros and catch some 12 inch mangrove snapper.

Kingofthesea
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Kingofthesea »

Rare wrote:Never went there once....KOTS can you share with us on why we should care?
It's hard to explain why anyone should really care. Guess you have to be a serious fishermen to understand.
Those old queen slave owners that wrote our Constitution 200 years ago were brilliant.

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

Kingofthesea wrote:
Rare wrote:Never went there once....KOTS can you share with us on why we should care?
It's hard to explain why anyone should really care. Guess you have to be a serious fishermen to understand.
I guess I'm not...So please explain it to me as if i was a 5yrs old...

kblue
SHARKER

Post by kblue »

I don't know anything about sport fishing history...but some dude I met at angler's pier told me it all started from Pompano Beach...I don't really know if it is true or not...
But I think there is reason why HQ of IGFA is in Dania Beach...

I want to check the place out... Maybe, there is a reason to be proud to be South Florida fisherman...

KOTS, your chance is none to explain this to 5 yr old kid.... :wink:

linh
KING MACKEREL

Post by linh »

Theres nothing interesting at all in there except for the small fish tank with snook and redfish in there.

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

linh wrote:Theres nothing interesting at all in there except for the small fish tank with snook and redfish in there.
You must have caught it at the end when they were shipping all the stuff to
Missouri...sorry about that or.....You must not be a serious fishermen to understand....

linh
KING MACKEREL

Post by linh »

I forgot to mention if you can't make it to robbies to feed tarpon... feeding the tilapia there is almost as fun.

Kingofthesea
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Kingofthesea »

Rare wrote:....You must not be a serious fishermen to understand....
lol.....like I hurt your feelings.

K R lip
Seasoned Fisher

Post by K R lip »

I was just posting to give everyone a heads up
But ya I think its sad that its moving and I was there once its not grate but I did have a good time and will go again before they close

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

Kingofthesea wrote:
Rare wrote:....You must not be a serious fishermen to understand....
lol.....like I hurt your feelings.

You did, but i believe im over it now... thanks for your concerned. It was a simple question & I wanted to understand what you meant. I'm sorry if i offended you in such a way that you couldn't answer my simple question since i never put a foot in that building to understand what we lost. Ironically enough i though i will hear a great respond from a stand up guy such as yourself... shame on me for i know what we truly "lost" in that short lived no reply to the question..

KR lip, I might have missed it but i believe they closed their doors already on the 15th of April if i read correct the first time.

krash
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by krash »

The museum is closed and for sure moving. Most of the other offices are staying there, IGFA is a world wide organization and does have a few other offices as well.

BPS headquarters is in Missouri, Johnny Morris built a bigger place there, does that tell you anything...
SW, Live to Fish, Have Tackle will travel ... >,)))~> ~~~~

lkatze2
Seasoned Fisher

Post by lkatze2 »

maybe I can get a good deal on that sportfishing yacht in the lake out front.

krash
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by krash »

BPS is supposedly taking over the museum space... The first floor space vacated by the museum will be repurposed into a new conservation and events center, to be operated by Bass Pro Shops

K R lip
Seasoned Fisher

Post by K R lip »

Ya rare I was half asleep when I read it I thought they had more time. O well. I should have noticed earlier Thank u for bringing it up. Lol. I can save the admission $ and put it towards jigs :dude:

Kingofthesea
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Kingofthesea »

Too bad it's really closed. It was probably the most incredible wonderful place I have been in my entire life traveling all over the world. Better than Cooperstown. I think tthe Fishing Hall of Fame should be on every anglers bucket list. Make sure you go. Take a vacation with the whole family and drive to Missouri. You will not be disappointed.

gruntking
LUMBER-JACK

Post by gruntking »

And I thought the place was pretty wack I mean I went once then asked for my money back what a true waste of time
fishman joe fb fishmanjoe instagram
YOU CAN CALL ME CAPTAIN

Kingofthesea
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Kingofthesea »

Tell them the truth my little grunt. You went to the Hall of Fame, didn't see your name anywhere after searching for over an hour (not even in "snook"), got pissed and tried to get your dust back. It also didn't help that you wandered into spearfishing wing and saw that full length photo of you-know-who with the big grouper lol.

BEOWULF
KING MACKEREL

Post by BEOWULF »

The time I went I was looking forward to trying out the simulated big-game fishing machines. They were all broken and looked like they had been that way for a long time. On a brighter note, they did have a Coelacanth model on display. Go dinofish!

STRIZ
KING MACKEREL

Post by STRIZ »

I always thought the space would of been better and great for parking.

I mean come on now - shortcut to BPS (Beauty Pole Show for some spear gunners) woulda been great
KEEP YOUR HEAD UP HIGH
EVEN WHEN THE NECK IS DIRTY

krash
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by krash »

fishnfool73 wrote: the record size fish mounts to the virtual fish fighting. .
actually them record mounts hanging were not all current record's, but instead the record as of the day the museum opened...

Zhulian
Fisher

Post by Zhulian »

It is my honor to read them
Nicht der ist ein Verlierer, der hinfällt, sondern der, der liegen bleibt. hulle6

Return to “Off Topic Lounge "light hearted"”