3rd Adopt-A-Bridge Cleanup: Channel 2 9a.m.-1p.m.

This is all past threads on the different Adopt a bridge events that we have joined together and done.
fishnfool73
AMBASSADOR to the... BF FORUM

Re: 3rd Adopt-A-Bridge Cleanup: Channel 2 9a.m.-1p.m.

Post by fishnfool73 »

Make IM CHUMMING wear the baby with one of those backpack deals. Call it father baby bonding time . :lol:
Dreaming the dream that one day I can be as good as some of the boatless pros and catch some 12 inch mangrove snapper.

bolo
USER BANNED

Post by bolo »

fishnfool73 wrote:Bring the kids BOLO can babysit since he is sidelined due to injury. He might as well get used to kids with his wedding plans in the near future can kids be far behind.
I am doing fine and will be in the trenches with my comrade. Strap the kid to my back pack and the kid will do fine. :D
The Judge asked the prostitute, "At what point did you realize you were raped?"
The prostitute replied (wiping away tears), "When the check bounced."

bolo
USER BANNED

Post by bolo »

fishnfool73 wrote:Well afterTEAM TAG and RELEASE and their Wendy's experience I am sure that BOLO's shark team can handle changing a few diapers. :mrgreen:
What diapers? The whitey tightey were gone after the first firey expolsion. :mad:

bolo
USER BANNED

Post by bolo »

TheFishRCallin wrote:i have surgery on Friday, i def wont be able to make it Saturday
Good luck on your surgery and a speedy recovery. :thumright:

BoatlessFisherman
Fisherman - Owner - Administrator

Post by BoatlessFisherman »

Ok its here tomorrow Morning, See you there
-Tommy A-

click, click, click, Fish ON - Over, Under, Over, Under Get out of my Way. Sound familiar.

PhishingPhanatic
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by PhishingPhanatic »

Heading down to Ch 2 now, see everyone tonight or tomorrow.

WhoDey
KING MACKEREL

Post by WhoDey »

20 committed, 9 showed. Made for a real long cleanup.
Team Locked Drag
2009 Big Hammer Challenge Bridge champs
2009 ShoreBound Tourney Bridge & Pier champs
2008 ShoreBound Tourney Bridge & Pier champs

See us in action!

PhishingPhanatic
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by PhishingPhanatic »

Good cleanup, the trash cans look great. And good luck if you ever need to find 10 cans of white spray paint primer in the middle Keys :lol: Thanks to those who showed, and :scold: to those who didn't show without notice.

fishnfool73
AMBASSADOR to the... BF FORUM

Post by fishnfool73 »

My thanks to those who took the time out of their lives to attend this cleanup. Lots of good laughs and fun , thanks again for caring. Special thanks to CUDAMAN for his surprise appearance and to WHODEY for his time and effort in making the stencils for the cans.
P.S. The cans were still in place as of 2 p.m. Sunday and had a lot of trash in them already.
Last edited by fishnfool73 on Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dreaming the dream that one day I can be as good as some of the boatless pros and catch some 12 inch mangrove snapper.

*~Fishy-Face~*
FISHING BEAUTY

Post by *~Fishy-Face~* »

I'm back from the A very productive and interesting weekend.
Special Thanks:
Rob (WhoDey), great job hun! I loved our stencils! :thumright:
Rory, Thank you soooooooo much for the paint run, your dedication to our cause made our garbage bins project possible! :cheers:
Bolo and Nancy, thank you for adding your "artistic touch" to our garbage cans...I'm glad Bolo has a day job.
Juan, you saved the memories! Thanks for being our photographer! I'm looking 4ward to that post!
Monica, as always, thank you for giving us the opportunity to make a difference and for always making our ideas possible!
And of course...to my dedicated members who show up for EVERY cleanup...THANK YOU! :mrgreen:

:bom: and now that the fluffy stuff has been announced...
I am extremely disappointed in the lack of attendance at this cleanup, it boggles my mind how an idea, that bloomed from a thread, became a realization...and has flourished in 3 months...is dissolving quicker than the f'in icecaps. This project came from you guys! and yet your empty support and commitment to this cause, as evidenced by its dwindling numbers in member’s attendance, is as pathetic as it is sad. I won't point anyone out but quite frankly I’m sick and tired of your excuses...wah, wah, wah, my car is broken, my tummy hurts, my mom needed a ride, my wife wouldn't let me go, I need a ride....blah blah blah...well guess what! I was drunk as a skunk at the last cleanup and I was hacking my brain fluid out threw my nose at this cleanup...but I made a commitment to this project from its pinnacle and I won't give up on it now. Unless you are dealing w/ a life or death situation, a death in the family or a life altering issue then I don't want to here your excuses. If you aren't sure you'll be able to come, then do us all a favor and don't commit your time...b/c we count on you. If last min. you decide to show then....surprise us by gracing us w/ your presence and lending a helping hand. until then....I don't want to hear it. Those of us who really want to go will find a way...hitch a ride, split the gas, pay for food, visit the doctor for scripts, get a babysitter a month in advance....this is why we plan these cleanup w/ ample time for all your issues to be resolved.

I don't wan to discourage you guys from supporting this project and I don't wish to martyr any of us as saints...just please be thoughtful of your commitment to this cause and Thank You.
~*Elly*~, BoatlessFishing.com Ambassador

cudaman
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by cudaman »

fishnfool73 wrote:My thanks to those who took the time out of their lives to attend this cleanup. Lots of good laughs and fun , thanks again for caring. Special thanks to CUDAMAN for his surprise appearance and to WHODEY for his time and effort in making the stencils for the cans.
P.S. The cans were still in place as of 2 p.m. Sunday and had a lot of trash in them already.

I had to make up for not making it there on the last clean up, it's the least I could have done.

I am glad to read that the cans are being used. They should be in place by Monday morning. If I decide to go to the Keys on Tuesday I will take some pics.

Here are some pics from this weekend.
cleanup 120608_7.jpg
cleanup 120608_1.jpg
Cans transport
cleanup 120608_2.jpg
Not primed but Monica helped cleaning them
cleanup 120608_3.jpg
cleanup 120608_5.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
That loves to fish.

BoatlessFisherman
Fisherman - Owner - Administrator

Post by BoatlessFisherman »

Thanks to all who showed, Sorry I had to duck out an hour or so early, but I was wiped out from working the previous 24 hours and had to be back at 7pm.

Cans turned out great, Thanks
-Tommy A-

click, click, click, Fish ON - Over, Under, Over, Under Get out of my Way. Sound familiar.

bolo
USER BANNED

Post by bolo »

In defense of Rob762 for not showing, he had text me that early morning that he has the sh#ts all night long and his sphincter was about to fall out. He also said he was running low on adult diapers and didnt have enough to make it down there. 8)

What is disappointing about the clean up is the amount people who confirmed that they are coming and didnt show. I thought as an adult we were matured and responsible enough to call and let people know if they are not able to come instead of leaving us hanging. This clean up was going to be a lot of work and everyone who volunteer was needed. The bridge this time was very dirty and require more attention on top of the painting of the trash cans. I want to thank everyone who came out and help. Rory, went on a paint hunting mission and spent his time and money getting us the supplies. Thank you. Robert(WhoDey), thank you for staying up all night designing the stencil. Even thou we joke around the stencil we did appreciate your time and effort. Thank you Moncia, in time you will have the cleanest bridges in the Keys.

Colonel WhoDey, how do you feel about the people who left us hanging? My thought exactly.

This clean up was memorable as a few of us were lucky to listen to Fishnfool and Cudaman shared information and experience fishing in the Keys. You just can't get this by just hanging out on the forum. This is what people miss about the BF clean up. It is not about just cleaning the bridge and giving back to the enviroment. It is also bonding with the members. As more and more clean up I attend I have developed a close bond to my fishing brothers and sisters. It makes me look forward to the next clean up. I hope for future members can take the time and come out with us and share that experience.

After the clean up we went to Outback to relax and enjoy some good food and company.
Fishy Face and Fishnfool
4wheelangler and Rijkaard
Cudaman and his daughter Nancy
The Colonel himself, WhoDey

Fishnfool, Fishy Face, and I fished Sunday morning to find the fish were stack up on Channel 2 on the outgoing tide. Since we had a few fronts moved in fishing was not as great. But we did manage to hooked up a few fish. Nothing to brag about but still fun on 10# on our Cabo 20.

Fishnfool and Fishy Face enjoying lunch before we head back home. Thank you Chris for making me sit and wait at the Dairy Queen for nothing. Nice joke arse. :D
Last edited by bolo on Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bolo
USER BANNED

Post by bolo »

TheFishRCallin wrote:i apologize for not making it, i had surgery on my arms on Friday- IM CHUMMING didnt go because I couldnt carry the baby by myself. Im hoping to be able to go to the next one. the last one was a good experience. again, i apologize
Don't worry about it Vanessa. You had told us ahead of time. Im glad the surgery went well. Hope to see you guys on the next clean up.

Monica
Fisher

Post by Monica »

hi Elly and everyone else who was at the 3rd Channel 2 cleanup!
The painted cans came out really cool! Thanks again for your efforts on cleaning up the litter too! It's amazing how much trash ends up on the ground with all those trash cans available... very frustrating! Elly, when you get a chance let me know how many people x how many hours.
Monica

Return to “Adopt a Bridge past events”