NEWPORT PIER

Boatless Fishing Reports for Dade County, Miami Beach
Zebco
KING MACKEREL

Re: NEWPORT PIER

Post by Zebco »

8) I have caught Reds on and off thru the years Pomp fishing. There just aren't many in numbers. And the one in the pic is not huge. Most down hear are all around the slot, rather just under, in, or just over. A little exaggeration again.
............... Image

Don't even think about it

just in time
Weekend Warrior

Post by just in time »

Zebco wrote:8) I have caught Reds on and off thru the years Pomp fishing. There just aren't many in numbers. And the one in the pic is not huge. Most down hear are all around the slot, rather just under, in, or just over. A little exaggeration again.

I posted pics ..just to share them with other fishermen and give info about pier
There was many reds not just one..huge ones too..i think your on the wrong site if u want to compare sizes..lol...just appreciate..dont playerhate..thanks for response..

Could say...hey ..thanks for pic and info...or something..

Take care..googan!

Boatless Cuban
Seasoned Fisher

Post by Boatless Cuban »

just in time wrote:
Zebco wrote:8) I have caught Reds on and off thru the years Pomp fishing. There just aren't many in numbers. And the one in the pic is not huge. Most down hear are all around the slot, rather just under, in, or just over. A little exaggeration again.

I posted pics ..just to share them with other fishermen and give info about pier
There was many reds not just one..huge ones too..i think your on the wrong site if u want to compare sizes..lol...just appreciate..dont playerhate..thanks for response..

Could say...hey ..thanks for pic and info...or something..

Take care..googan!
eatpop
Team STIFF ROD
Fish more Sin less.
Bryan aka Gofish jr.

swordfish
SHARKER

Post by swordfish »

Just the thought that we will once again soon have a pier to call our own REALLY makes me happy! Do not kid yourselves, 15 bucks will give u as googan free as you can have of a time! Not to mention, that pier is legendary! I never got to fish it, I wish I did, and now I shall have my shot! Being that to get to Anglins I have to drive 70 miles or so, this is truly a welcome sight! On the same token, the drive is well worth it just to hang out with Tom and the boatless crew!!!

-swordfish

Zebco
KING MACKEREL

Post by Zebco »

8) Haulover Pier was better. They are rebuilding the wrong pier. And no matter what anyone thinks about price scaring people away, there will be "plenty" of googs there once it is built. Lack of option and most southern location will bring them in.
Yoyos, trash, and Hey!! You're over my line again!
............... Image

Don't even think about it

Chevy Juan
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Chevy Juan »

Zeb, The Trash, AGREED..Hey you're over my line, AGREED..but whats with the Yo-Yo's comment?..As far as I'm concerned there's a line in the water with a hook at the end of it serving the same purpose as with one coming out of a Rod.

In the end, its all about the Person BEHIND the Yo-Yo, Rod, Sabiki Rig, Cast Net whatever.

Chevy Juan
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Chevy Juan »

I think I got carried away with my last post but I get a temper kinda quick at times but I do get what you mean about those things zebco, the trash, fish on the deck, line everywhere , googs etc.

cudaman
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by cudaman »

Here it is... The problem.

In order to throw your line as far as you can with a yoyo you have to use a swing motion. yoyo pros can throw straight but seldom you see one since yoyo's are meant to be used from a boat (letting very heavy line loose under you) or far away from each other.

When someone is throwing a line with a yoyo and a 3 ounce sinker out of a crowded pier, it becomes a liability. In my years of fishing I have seeing a few accidents happen and I mean scary stuff.

yoyo's have a place and it's a lonely one with no people around with in 5 yards of each other or in a boat using real heavy line.

I have some stories of people loosing fingers hand lining, nasty stuff.

Don't like people fishing with yoyo's near me. Sorry.

cudaman
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by cudaman »

I guess you and me posted at the same time Nelson....LOL.... Disney commercial: "I'm to exited to sleep".

Chevy Juan
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Chevy Juan »

Nelson, Herb, I totally agree with both of you, and first and foremost, I don't fish with any Yo-Yo's since back in my younger days, of course on my pops boat, but do respect them and also think there is a place and time for them as you mentioned.

I also would not want to be near anyone getting ready to cast one, and basically what I'm trying to say is that it all falls back on the person using the Yo-Yo, or anything for that matter, but unfortunately we have too many idiots in this world that do not have common sense and those are the people who always cause problems and injuries etc.

cubapnea
Seasoned Fisher

Post by cubapnea »

I learned fishing with yoyos in my child years, they brought me more fish than any rod and I've never ever had to swing in order to throw far, with that being said I only use yoyos at certain places... bill baggs is one of them

parkslopecrew
Fisher

Post by parkslopecrew »

Thanks for all the information.I also miss that pier,caught my first florida snook there.

juaninmiami69
Weekend Warrior

Post by juaninmiami69 »

just in time wrote:Construction...
Sweet!!! Great photo and news!

juaninmiami69
Weekend Warrior

Post by juaninmiami69 »

Latest picture of Newport Pier. Not much happening right now. Two concrete columns now in place. Image[/img][/img]

Chevy Juan
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Chevy Juan »

Thanks for the Picture, hopefully things pick up. I'm not much of a Pier guy, but once things are done I'm sure I may swing through and see how it turns out. :reeling:

juaninmiami69
Weekend Warrior

Post by juaninmiami69 »

No problem. I don't have a boat, so I'm relegated to piers and this is my favorite one (also my closest) lol. I pray construction is completed without delay. :toast:

chris21
KING MACKEREL

Post by chris21 »

any updates on this pier?? I grew up in this city most of my life but always fished at dania pier or off the beach in front of my condo so I cant wait for this pier to open!!
There's no such thing as too much bait!!

BoatlessFisherman
Fisherman - Owner - Administrator

Post by BoatlessFisherman »

Sorry for the delay these are from 2 weeks ago. it going and they say December it may open thats what I hear????

20120305_094939.jpg
20120316_094441.jpg
20120316_094623.jpg
20120316_094637.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-Tommy A-

click, click, click, Fish ON - Over, Under, Over, Under Get out of my Way. Sound familiar.

gruntking
LUMBER-JACK

Post by gruntking »

i cant wait it wont change anything but i cant wait
fishman joe fb fishmanjoe instagram
YOU CAN CALL ME CAPTAIN

juaninmiami69
Weekend Warrior

Post by juaninmiami69 »

rare wrote:As long as it's been out, all is well. At least they are working on it..Tks for the update tommy
Agreed! Thanks for the update!

juaninmiami69
Weekend Warrior

Post by juaninmiami69 »

strizile wrote:Hope they get a grip in regards to parking.
Yeah, I wonder how that's going to work? Ever since they built those high rises, there is NO parking in that area to enjoy the beach and much less the fishing pier.

flipstriker88
Fisher

Post by flipstriker88 »

Just joined the forum and I run into this thread! I'm excited. I practically learned how to pier fish at Newport, had some of my best fights there too. After the hurricane damage, I remember they let us go like 20 yards out on the pier where they blocked it off. That got bad quick haha

and I agree with the others, the little parking spot out in front I believe is all valet parking and used by that hotel. Maybe they will designate a lot across the street around the Shell gas station or something?

anyways can't wait!!! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

juaninmiami69
Weekend Warrior

Post by juaninmiami69 »

Yeah, me either! :toast:

parkslopecrew
Fisher

Post by parkslopecrew »

Thanks for all the information.Its good to see progress being made
at the Newport pier.