NO LONGER A BOATLESS FISHERMAN

Boatless Fishing Reports for Broward County, Fort Lauderdale, Hollywood, Dania, Lauderdale by the Sea, Pompano Beach
clarence2society
GOLIATH GROUPER

NO LONGER A BOATLESS FISHERMAN

Post by clarence2society »

bought my 17 foot ana capri 84, with 88hp johnson...center console. i am no longer boatless..figure i owe myself something nice after all i been through and you only live once right??? so soon asi get her tagged and fix some minor stuff im ready to head out...we can fit 3 guys and gear easy i think.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

swordfish
SHARKER

Re: NO LONGER A BOATLESS FISHERMAN

Post by swordfish »

Grats Clarence! Just in time for the fall run! Happy bait time!

-swordfish

sepaik
KING MACKEREL

Post by sepaik »

SaWEEEEEEET!!!! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: Tight lines!!! Congrats!!!
Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~Henry David Thoreau

diggin4grouper
KING MACKEREL

Post by diggin4grouper »

congrats man , just remember to be safe and have funn , we should have our boat in the water late oct early nov , we cant wait to get back out there , you said you have some stuff to fix if i can help in any way let me know !!! we are just about done with a full rebuild of a 15 foot happy travler center console , so can handle just about any questions you might have ... we had to rip the whole deck off and start from scratch as the deck was mushy when stepped on and the foam under the deck was soaking wet with water and fuel so it was stripped to the bare hull , good luck

heres a taste of what we had to deal with lol

Green Tide
SHARKER

Post by Green Tide »

at almost 30 years old that boat looks great. Good luck capt.

You shoulda been here yesterday!!!

crashmister
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by crashmister »

Hey Jerry way to go! I'm with John, that's one well maintained little boat there buddy! Congratulations!
Nelson's spot on about Boat US, and David, well he practically jacked up the compass and rolled a new boat under it. If I needed advise on a rebuild, he'd be the guy I'd talk to.
Best of luck! :toast:
Nice Boat! Now get it outa my driveway!

Zebco
KING MACKEREL

Post by Zebco »

8) Invest in Sea Tow.
............... Image

Don't even think about it

erinfish
Weekend Warrior

Post by erinfish »

Sea tow are SCAMMERS.
Tow boat US dude...
Best of luck to you,I'd start inshore work out the bugs,take it from there.
I hope you catch some trophies on your new sled!

Zebco
KING MACKEREL

Post by Zebco »

8) Tow boat US are scammers
............... Image

diggin4grouper
KING MACKEREL

Post by diggin4grouper »

crashmister wrote:David, well he practically jacked up the compass and rolled a new boat under it. If I needed advise on a rebuild, he'd be the guy I'd talk to.
Best of luck! :toast:
what compass ? dont need a damn compass dead eye reckoning is all ya need lol

just kidding but its more like we bought the fish finder/gps/sounder and built the boat around it , were getting pretty close to putting the foam back in and get the deck down now
just need 300 bucks to get the foam ....

david

GO4EM
SHARKER

Post by GO4EM »

Do not kid yourself... they are all scammers. Pick one, pay the yearly fee and call them if you get in trouble.
I dream of a better tomorrow... where chickens can cross roads and not have their motives questioned

clarence2society
GOLIATH GROUPER

yeah for sure, i need to fix the trim seal before we take her out. probably wednesday or thursday. my tbird wont tow it, well tow yes, get her out of the water on a ramp dont think so... and absolutely on the boat us or sea tow.my buddy and i bought the boat together so stuff doesnt cost us an arm and leg.50/50. we got the boat for two grand though. our mechanic says the trailer and engine alone are worth 1300 and 600 so not too bad either way. I am so excited. the trim seal will only be 200. so when you guys wanna head out let me know i am totally down for boat trips. 30 plus gallon tank so we will be good. first voyage will just be in the intercoastal to get a feel for it, after that SNAPPA TIME!!!! KINGS!!! i cant freakin wait. got lots to learn boat boat fishing though. you guys are more than welcome aboard. thats the point though of getting a damn boat in the first place lol.

crashmister
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by crashmister »

GO4EM wrote:Do not kid yourself... they are all scammers. Pick one, pay the yearly fee and call them if you get in trouble.
:stupid: :stupid: :stupid:

PhishingPhanatic
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by PhishingPhanatic »

Congrats man, that boat looks like it was well cared for.

clarence2society
GOLIATH GROUPER

i need to learn trolling and rigs and line and the whole thing... its a whole new world....WOOT!!! thanks guys im excited as i said. any tips or advice on fishing i am open for of course...and that boat looks like a nightmare of hard work....

clarence2society
GOLIATH GROUPER

i need to learn trolling and rigs and line and the whole thing... its a whole new world....WOOT!!! thanks guys im excited as i said. any tips or advice on fishing i am open for of course...and that boat looks like a nightmare of hard work....

diggin4grouper
KING MACKEREL

Post by diggin4grouper »

if you check out this thread you can see some of the work i need to update it with some pics later on

http://boatlessfishing.com/forum/viewto ... 20&t=28427

clarence2society
GOLIATH GROUPER

wow man. finish that bad boy up so we can team up out there

clarence2society
GOLIATH GROUPER

yeah duh i usually assume ppl live in s fl... lol

diggin4grouper
KING MACKEREL

Post by diggin4grouper »

its gertting done slowly as funds are up for it right now we just changeing a few things we didnt like , but its getting close now hopefuly we will have it for the trip to sebastian inlet at the end of oct but if not we will put the trip off till its done and then go ....

Zebco
KING MACKEREL

Post by Zebco »

GO4EM wrote:Pick one, pay the yearly fee
8) That's the key. Pay the fee. Otherwise you make the call for a tow, you pay a lot, no matter who comes to get you.
............... Image

black2prince
Fisher

Post by black2prince »

Such a nice boat, big congrats!

permitchaser
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by permitchaser »

Enjoy your new ride.

GO4EM
SHARKER

Post by GO4EM »

Zebco wrote:
GO4EM wrote:Pick one, pay the yearly fee
8) That's the key. Pay the fee. Otherwise you make the call for a tow, you pay a lot, no matter who comes to get you.
Even the one you pick and pay for will try to scam you but you need to pick one. Like Zebco said if you don't have it and you call for a tow they got you by the balls and will charge big money.
I dream of a better tomorrow... where chickens can cross roads and not have their motives questioned

crashmister
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by crashmister »

You're gonna wanna go through every system on board, fuel, bilge pumps, electrical, steering, bait pumps, ect. to familiraize your self with them. The better you know your boat the better able you are to handel a problem should one arise. Also make sure all your safety gear is current. Fire extinguishers, flare's, and registration all have expiration dates. You'll need enough life jackets for everyone on board plus one throwable device. Remember it's not "IF" you're checked, but when.

■The owner and/or operator of a vessel is responsible to carry, store, maintain and use the safety equipment required by the U.S. Coast Guard (USCG).
■All vessels are required to have onboard a wearable USCG-approved personal flotation device (PFD) for each person. The PFDs must be of the appropriate size for the intended wearer, be in serviceable condition, and within easy access. The State of Florida urges all people onboard a boat to wear a life jacket.
■Vessels 16 feet in length or longer must also have at least one USCG-approved throwable Type IV PFD that is immediately available in case of a fall overboard.
■A child under the age of 6 must wear a USCG-approved Type I, II or III personal flotation device while onboard a vessel under 26 feet in length while the vessel is under way. "Under way" is defined as anytime except when the vessel is anchored, moored, made fast to the shore or aground.
■Vessels with built-in fuel tanks or enclosed compartments where gasoline fumes can accumulate are required to carry at least one fire extinguisher (depending upon vessel length) which is approved for marine use.
■All vessels are required to carry an efficient sound-producing device, such as a referee's whistle.
■Vessels less than 16 feet in length are required to carry at least 3 visual distress signals approved for nighttime use when on coastal waters from sunset to sunrise. Vessels 16 feet or longer must carry at least 3 daytime and three nighttime visual distress signals (or 3 combination daytime/nighttime signals) at all times when on coastal waters.
■The use of sirens or flashing, occulting or revolving lights is prohibited except where expressly allowed by law.
■Recreational vessels are required to display navigation lights between sunset and sunrise and during periods of reduced visibility (fog, rain, haze, etc.). The U.S. Coast Guard Navigation Rules specify lighting requirements for every description of watercraft. The information provided in the following link is for vessels less than 65.5 feet/20 meters in length.
You may also need to consider..

■Anyone born on or after January 1, 1988 who operates a vessel powered by 10 horsepower or more must pass an approved boater safety course and have in his/her possession photographic identification and a boating safety education identification card issued by the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission.
■The following operators are exempt: ■A person licensed by the U. S. Coast Guard as a master of a vessel.
■A person operating on a private lake or pond.
■An operator who is accompanied onboard by a person who is least 18 years old and possesses the required Boating Safety Education Identification Card, provided that person is attendant to and responsible for the safe operation of the vessel.
■An operator who is accompanied onboard by a person who is exempt from the educational requirements, provided that person is attendant to and responsible for the safe operation of the vessel.
■A non-resident who has in his or her possession proof that he or she has completed a NASBLA-approved boater safety course or equivalency examination from another state.
■A person who is operating a vessel within 90 days after the purchase of that vessel, provided they have available for inspection aboard that vessel, a bill of sale meeting all the requirements as established in Chapter 328.46(1), Florida Statutes.
■A person operating a vessel within 90 days after completing an approved boating safety course, as required in Chapter 327.395(1), and has a photographic I.D. and a boater education course completion certificate showing proof of having completed the required boating safety education course. The course completion certificate must provide the student's first and last name, date of birth, and the date the course was successfully completed. (Effective October 1, 2011.)

Truth is, the BSC is actually a pretty good course. And you can do it on line here.
http://www.boat-ed.com/florida/index.html
Only been around boat's for close to 40 years now Jerry. PM me if you need anything and I'll be happy to help!

clarence2society
GOLIATH GROUPER

so much stuff for such a small boat lol. two bilge one manual check, vests and flares check, spare parts check, two batteries check, elec tape and duct need to look, test batteries got someone to do that check, access to bilge pumps through floor check, mechanic to fix trim seal this week and go through all systems before first trip check.

just to name a few, i should go do the bsc for sure. and thanks guys good looking out, i am gonna show this to my buddy who i bought the boat with too at work tonight. make a full check list from it as well.

Our mechanic says once we do the trim seal and were gonna do tires on the trailer as well. and the rear seal in back of engine top compartment we should be good for a while as everything checks out with flying colors. of course you never no, we have ratchet set on board and spare engine parts, fuel pump , starter etc etc... plugs some other parts as well JIC.

Return to “Broward County”