VIEW ALL NEW POSTS HERE - Click Here

New guy in Pensacola

[ View new posts ]

This is the area where you may introduce yourself and let others know a little about you.

New guy in Pensacola

Postby Huggz13 » Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:22 pm

Hi forum members.

I’m a new old guy in Pensacola, FL.
I’m 47 years old, the father of two girls, and a high school teacher.
I’m not the best, most experienced angler, but I’ve got the itch bad and I’m trying to improve.
I have a fishing bucket list that I’m determined to complete.

My buddy had a bass tracker for a few years but then sold it so I’ve been “bank bound” for years.
I haven’t fished in a few years until this summer but I’m getting back into it.

I just bought my first boat, a 14’ jon boat. But I’m putting a few mods on it and haven’t had a chance to take it out yet so I’m still technically boatless.
Almost bought a kayak but the jon boat was too good of a deal to pass up. Kayak will have to wait until next summer.

I’ve fished the Escambia River and Delta grass flats extensively and almost exclusively looking for reds, specks, bass, and whatever else will eat my bait.

I’ve lived in Pensacola pretty much my whole life but I’ve never pier or surf or blue water fished...it’s shameful, I know, but I plan to give it a shot. I’m even interested in trying my hand at fly fishing...especially for reds on the flats.

Feel free to contact me if you’re close by (from Mobile to Destin) and let’s go get after some fishes.
Huggz13
Fisher

Re: New guy in Pensacola

Postby Green Tide » Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:19 pm

Hey man both pensacola and Destin have great piers their probably catching kings out there right now. Go out there early in the morning or late in the afternoon and watch the guys fish. Then put your boat in and use the same technique’s. Just make sure and stay far from the piers. There are many bridges you can fish in your boat along hwy 98 and ICW in that area too.
Post pics

You shoulda been here yesterday!!!
Green Tide
SHARKER

Return to Who are you? Introduce yourself here: