VIEW ALL NEW POSTS HERE - Click Here

Dania beach surf fishing

[ View new posts ]

Ask your question Here, remember to include the important stuff like, What gear, area you are in, and so on.

Dania beach surf fishing

Postby Chasinpoons » Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:27 am

morning gentlemen,

my names al and I just moved to cooper city florida. I am thinking of using a sabiki to catch some bait of the beach and hopefully hook up on some snook. any tips or advice you guys may have? as far as timing? and what bait would be better? if I am unable to catch bait what artificial bait would work best? thanks!
Chasinpoons
Fisher

Re: Dania beach surf fishing

Postby Laz1287 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:01 pm

This time of year ( Summer or Autumn ) the best luck I've had when targeting Snook in SFL has been while free lining live jumbo shrimp. I've heard live finger mullet also works well, but good luck finding any. Lure wise, I've never had the luck to catch one while using any kind of artificial. I've heard, but never seen, of people catching them with Bomber lures. I seem to only catch Cuda whenever I use one of those lures.

There was this one dude on Newport Pier that would catch small jacks, slice them vertically just before the tail and then drop it under the pier on a fish finder rig. That guy would consistently hook up to huge Snook. Tried it a few times, but never worked for me. :lol:
Laz1287
Weekend Warrior

Postby CELLFISH » Sat Jul 13, 2019 4:15 pm

Krocodile spoons 2.25 oz. only $16.00, cellfish...
... sand under my bare feet is better than subway steps with steel toe boots on ...
CELLFISH
Weekend Warrior

Postby krash » Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:19 am

If your plan is to walk the beach... early morning, sunrise, PArk close to the pier, walk N.. towards the inlet. Make sure you pay the parking...

I'd be casting and using something like either Mirrodyne, bucktail jg., while walking along.. if you see baitpods close you'll know if there are hungry fish in an area..

Welcome to CC.. I also live in CC.
SW, Live to Fish, Have Tackle will travel ... >,)))~> ~~~~
krash
GOLIATH GROUPER

Postby CELLFISH » Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:59 pm

at Dania Beach be aware of low tide and heavy south east winds, too much grass... cellfish...
... sand under my bare feet is better than subway steps with steel toe boots on ...
CELLFISH
Weekend Warrior

Postby Chasinpoons » Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:34 am

thanks, fellas! I will definitely try out those tips. in regards to artificial I recently caught a nice slot on Sanibel beach on a white xrap. I may try that on dania and see what happens. @krash I love cooper city great place to live. I will pm you now
Chasinpoons
Fisher

Postby Chasinpoons » Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:36 am

krash wrote:If your plan is to walk the beach... early morning, sunrise, PArk close to the pier, walk N.. towards the inlet. Make sure you pay the parking...

I'd be casting and using something like either Mirrodyne, bucktail jg., while walking along.. if you see baitpods close you'll know if there are hungry fish in an area..

will definitely try it out !
Chasinpoons
Fisher

Postby Chasinpoons » Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:37 am

krash wrote:If your plan is to walk the beach... early morning, sunrise, PArk close to the pier, walk N.. towards the inlet. Make sure you pay the parking...

tried to pm you not sure if I can do it on poop site.
Chasinpoons
Fisher

Postby Chasinpoons » Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:13 am

Laz1287 wrote:This time of year ( Summer or Autumn ) the best luck I've had when targeting Snook in SFL has been while free lining live jumbo shrimp. I've heard live finger mullet also works well, but good luck finding any. Lure wise, I've never had the luck to catch one while using any kind of artificial. I've heard, but never seen, of people catching them with Bomber lures. I seem to only catch Cuda whenever I use one of those lures.

There was this one dude on Newport Pier that would catch small jacks, slice them vertically just before the tail and then drop it under the pier on a fish finder rig. That guy would consistently hook up to huge Snook. Tried it a few times, but never worked for me. :lol:

try a white xrap
Chasinpoons
Fisher

Return to Boatless Fishing General Info