12/31/2010 - lots of jacks S side of Jap Rock

Boatless Fishing Reports for Palm Beach, Boca Raton, Boynton, Delray, Juno.
Martin County, Hobe Sound, Indian town, Port Mayaki
Post Reply
User avatar
gatorjwade
Old Salt
Posts: 382
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:41 am
Location: Boca Raton, FL

12/31/2010 - lots of jacks S side of Jap Rock

Post by gatorjwade »

7:45 - 8:30am caught 8 18-20" jacks on fresh shrimp.

Few guys were catching them on lures at Jap Rock over a couple hours about that time.

I was just about to leave at about 10;30 when a huge school of 18" jacks came thru from the South... caught one almost every cast for about 25 minutes! What a blast! They were coming right up on the beach! I couldn't see what they were chasing... some small fish I suppose... gulls were diving on them.
Jeff

User avatar
Sirsnookalot
KING MACKEREL
Posts: 564
Joined: Fri Feb 16, 2007 5:25 pm
Location: Delray Beach, Fl.
Contact:

Re: 12/31/2010 - lots of jacks S side of Jap Rock

Post by Sirsnookalot »

They were at Boynton too, I'd say in the 4-5 # range. Very thick Thursday and yesterday they tapered off quite a bit, at sunrise.

Post Reply

Return to “Palm Beach and Martin Countys”