I dont know where to post this, so this is as good a place as any.
What kind of sunglasses do you where? What color lenses do you prefer and why?
What Kind of Glasses?
-
JSheffey
- Seasoned Fisher
- Posts: 102
- Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 8:09 am
Re: What Kind of Glasses?
personally i like Maui Jims. i have the brown lenses. I love the polarization of these glasses.
- PhishingPhanatic
- BLACK FIN TUNA
- Posts: 6785
- Joined: Sat Jul 15, 2006 8:52 pm
- Location: 204 Miles From Long Key
Re: What Kind of Glasses?
I've been happy with my Costas. I have blue mirror for offshore fishing, amber for inshore/flats, and grey for driving.

- Boca Jetty Rat
- GOLIATH GROUPER
- Posts: 1545
- Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:58 pm
- Location: 441 and Sandalfoot
Re: What Kind of Glasses?
I wear my perscription Oakley's. I'm blind as a bat so I can't wear those sweet Oakely wrap arounds, but If I could that's what I'd be sportin. Costa's come in a close second. 

- bolo
- USER BANNED
- Posts: 10373
- Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2007 1:17 pm
- Location: South Florida
Re: What Kind of Glasses?
I own Costa del Mar Permit glasses. They are comfortable to wear all day. For bridge/ pier, flats, or inshore fishing I prefer Amber lens. It brings out the contrast so you can see the fish and bottom better. For offshore fishing I prefer my Maui Jims Blue lens.
The Judge asked the prostitute, "At what point did you realize you were raped?"
The prostitute replied (wiping away tears), "When the check bounced."
The prostitute replied (wiping away tears), "When the check bounced."
- Green Tide
- SHARKER
- Posts: 2604
- Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2006 9:52 pm
- Location: Monroe County wannabe
Re: What Kind of Glasses?
i use the costa blue lens for offshore and driving then i have some costa amber lens for low light and shallow water.
i have had the blue ones replaced for free 2 times now bc of some accidents with the frame hinge. they have been excellent about their return policy.
both sets are the 400 lens and are a couple of years old.The new lens is supposed to be better.
i have had the blue ones replaced for free 2 times now bc of some accidents with the frame hinge. they have been excellent about their return policy.
both sets are the 400 lens and are a couple of years old.The new lens is supposed to be better.
-
goodolmikey
- Seasoned Fisher
- Posts: 181
- Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:21 pm
- Location: plantation, fl
Re: What Kind of Glasses?
costa del mar blue lense,,,,, these glasses are awesome,,, had this pair for about 4 years now
- krash
- GOLIATH GROUPER
- Posts: 1487
- Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 10:45 am
- Location: Cooper City, Florida
Re: What Kind of Glasses?
I have had many pairs of sun glasses, always went by the old rule of eyes, Gray base for Offshore, and Green base for freshwater, always polarized.
Been wearing elCheapo flying Fisherman for years, light weight, tough as nails, 20-30 buck.. break a pair or loose a pair and no worries.
I find glass lenses to be rather heavy to wear all day compared to the plastic, but no no comparison with the optic quality of a glass lense. After saying that my eyes are not what they used to be and the plastic works just fine for fishing.
If cost was no object you need 3 pair, Blue-Mirrors for Offshore, Green-Mirror inshore, and an Amber for low light conditions. Go with Costa, Maui, Ocean Wave and you can;t go wrong.
I recently picked up a new pair of Costa's with the Poly-c 580 lense, Amber base but the poly does not come in mirror. After wearing them a few tims I realized they were not quite a comfortable as I like, so I gave them to my son.. My loss $160.00 was his gain, but the poly saved me 80 bucks over the glass lense to learn that lesson.
Currently I have a pari of Oakley Straight's, wrap around, Polarized Amber/Iridium base Gold mirror, they look great, very light, and work well in very bright contitions, but to dark in low light conditions. Another lesson learned for $200 bucks.
Went out the other day and picked up yet another pair of Flying Fisherman, Vipers Amber-Green mirror $26.00 at BPS.
While offshore the other day my son asked if the lenses in the Costa's were replaceable, cause he would rather have a blue mirror for offshore. I'm sure they are replaceable by Costa, and I'm sure they'd do it for another hundred bucks
Lesson to be learned is try and be sure before you buy.
Been wearing elCheapo flying Fisherman for years, light weight, tough as nails, 20-30 buck.. break a pair or loose a pair and no worries.
I find glass lenses to be rather heavy to wear all day compared to the plastic, but no no comparison with the optic quality of a glass lense. After saying that my eyes are not what they used to be and the plastic works just fine for fishing.
If cost was no object you need 3 pair, Blue-Mirrors for Offshore, Green-Mirror inshore, and an Amber for low light conditions. Go with Costa, Maui, Ocean Wave and you can;t go wrong.
I recently picked up a new pair of Costa's with the Poly-c 580 lense, Amber base but the poly does not come in mirror. After wearing them a few tims I realized they were not quite a comfortable as I like, so I gave them to my son.. My loss $160.00 was his gain, but the poly saved me 80 bucks over the glass lense to learn that lesson.
Currently I have a pari of Oakley Straight's, wrap around, Polarized Amber/Iridium base Gold mirror, they look great, very light, and work well in very bright contitions, but to dark in low light conditions. Another lesson learned for $200 bucks.
Went out the other day and picked up yet another pair of Flying Fisherman, Vipers Amber-Green mirror $26.00 at BPS.
While offshore the other day my son asked if the lenses in the Costa's were replaceable, cause he would rather have a blue mirror for offshore. I'm sure they are replaceable by Costa, and I'm sure they'd do it for another hundred bucks
Lesson to be learned is try and be sure before you buy.
SW, Live to Fish, Have Tackle will travel ... >,)))~> ~~~~
-
malibuminix
- Old Salt
- Posts: 340
- Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:03 pm
Re: What Kind of Glasses?
I have this and I like it.http://cgi.ebay.com/COSTA-DEL-MAR-RELEA ... 500wt_1156
