Blue Heron Pier Wednesday Evening

Boatless Fishing Reports for Palm Beach, Boca Raton, Boynton, Delray, Juno.
Martin County, Hobe Sound, Indian town, Port Mayaki
Post Reply
phonestarsllc
Weekend Warrior
Posts: 83
Joined: Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:03 pm

Blue Heron Pier Wednesday Evening

Post by phonestarsllc »

I already have clam and shrimp, any other advice some seasoned fishing folk can give for the area?

Thanks

ringonose
Seasoned Fisher
Posts: 217
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:32 pm

Re: Blue Heron Pier Wednesday Evening

Post by ringonose »

phonestarsllc wrote:I already have clam and shrimp, any other advice some seasoned fishing folk can give for the area?

Thanks
There are three areas to fish there. The one where everyone fishes is the Blue Heron bridge, which is inside the park, there is a smaller pier that goes out parallel to the big bridge. That is a better spot at night, but be prepared for a lot of by catch. Then there is the small bridge going down Blue Heron, you pass the park and it's right there, next to the park. Fish caught there when they're running. Finally, there is the inlet right by the beach. When the Jacks are running, you can have a lot of fun. You can also catch other things like snapper and Blue Runners, Cuda's, etc. You go to the end of Blue Heron and turn right. Park where the restaurants are and walk, it's a bit of a hike. There is a jetty there, you'll see all sorts of people fishing there. I've seen HUGE Jacks caught there.
..."and the meek shall inherit the earth...."

phonestarsllc
Weekend Warrior
Posts: 83
Joined: Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:03 pm

Re: Blue Heron Pier Wednesday Evening

Post by phonestarsllc »

ringonose wrote:
phonestarsllc wrote:I already have clam and shrimp, any other advice some seasoned fishing folk can give for the area?

Thanks
There are three areas to fish there. The one where everyone fishes is the Blue Heron bridge, which is inside the park, there is a smaller pier that goes out parallel to the big bridge. That is a better spot at night, but be prepared for a lot of by catch. Then there is the small bridge going down Blue Heron, you pass the park and it's right there, next to the park. Fish caught there when they're running. Finally, there is the inlet right by the beach. When the Jacks are running, you can have a lot of fun. You can also catch other things like snapper and Blue Runners, Cuda's, etc. You go to the end of Blue Heron and turn right. Park where the restaurants are and walk, it's a bit of a hike. There is a jetty there, you'll see all sorts of people fishing there. I've seen HUGE Jacks caught there.

Are you referring to the actual smaller bridge with the small cleaning area? I plan on going around 6ish, and what about under the bridge? I just want to catch something that thats going to be good eating.

ringonose
Seasoned Fisher
Posts: 217
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:32 pm

Re: Blue Heron Pier Wednesday Evening

Post by ringonose »

phonestarsllc wrote:
ringonose wrote:
phonestarsllc wrote:I already have clam and shrimp, any other advice some seasoned fishing folk can give for the area?

Thanks
There are three areas to fish there. The one where everyone fishes is the Blue Heron bridge, which is inside the park, there is a smaller pier that goes out parallel to the big bridge. That is a better spot at night, but be prepared for a lot of by catch. Then there is the small bridge going down Blue Heron, you pass the park and it's right there, next to the park. Fish caught there when they're running. Finally, there is the inlet right by the beach. When the Jacks are running, you can have a lot of fun. You can also catch other things like snapper and Blue Runners, Cuda's, etc. You go to the end of Blue Heron and turn right. Park where the restaurants are and walk, it's a bit of a hike. There is a jetty there, you'll see all sorts of people fishing there. I've seen HUGE Jacks caught there.

Are you referring to the actual smaller bridge with the small cleaning area? I plan on going around 6ish, and what about under the bridge? I just want to catch something that thats going to be good eating.
Try the pier that sticks out from under the huge main bridge. Cast as far towards the wall as you can, where the dividers are for the main boating channel. There are some fish in there. Also directly down from the bridge but those are tough to catch at the wrong time
..."and the meek shall inherit the earth...."

phonestarsllc
Weekend Warrior
Posts: 83
Joined: Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:03 pm

Re: Blue Heron Pier Wednesday Evening

Post by phonestarsllc »

I tried both and failed abysmally, I will continue on to look at another spot, there is also the one behind the dunkin donuts off of broadway, sometimes they bite thee, nothing crazy though.

ringonose
Seasoned Fisher
Posts: 217
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:32 pm

Re: Blue Heron Pier Wednesday Evening

Post by ringonose »

phonestarsllc wrote:I tried both and failed abysmally, I will continue on to look at another spot, there is also the one behind the dunkin donuts off of broadway, sometimes they bite thee, nothing crazy though.
If you're going to go off the smaller bridge, if you don't see a crowd of people there then the Mac's aren't running...you have to use a jig. Try not to feel bad, the bite has just been off all over the place, it's just been SLOW
..."and the meek shall inherit the earth...."

phonestarsllc
Weekend Warrior
Posts: 83
Joined: Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:03 pm

Re: Blue Heron Pier Wednesday Evening

Post by phonestarsllc »

ringonose wrote:
phonestarsllc wrote:I tried both and failed abysmally, I will continue on to look at another spot, there is also the one behind the dunkin donuts off of broadway, sometimes they bite thee, nothing crazy though.
If you're going to go off the smaller bridge, if you don't see a crowd of people there then the Mac's aren't running...you have to use a jig. Try not to feel bad, the bite has just been off all over the place, it's just been SLOW
I might go back and try that opposite side by the restaurants on saturday, its interesting, they bite clam over there, but when I go to 54th, they only bite shrimp.

Post Reply

Return to “Palm Beach and Martin Countys”