Is biting all around slow right now?

Boatless Fishing Reports for Palm Beach, Boca Raton, Boynton, Delray, Juno.
Martin County, Hobe Sound, Indian town, Port Mayaki
Post Reply
phonestarsllc
Weekend Warrior
Posts: 83
Joined: Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:03 pm

Is biting all around slow right now?

Post by phonestarsllc »

I have tried various spots from juno down to lake worth at different tides and different baits, is it just slow for everyone or am I going mental? well maybe already there lol

User avatar
Moose
KING MACKEREL
Posts: 536
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:42 pm
Location: Miami, FL

Re: Is biting all around slow right now?

Post by Moose »

just keep trying different spots etc till it works lol

i went out wed and friday last week and limited on grovers. Went out last night and got skunked. Its just part of the game...

maybe you're using the wrong bait or approach? i dunno...

phonestarsllc
Weekend Warrior
Posts: 83
Joined: Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:03 pm

Re: Is biting all around slow right now?

Post by phonestarsllc »

agonzalez0 wrote:just keep trying different spots etc till it works lol

i went out wed and friday last week and limited on grovers. Went out last night and got skunked. Its just part of the game...

maybe you're using the wrong bait or approach? i dunno...
Yea, idk, its crazy

User avatar
migs24
Old Salt
Posts: 428
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:21 pm
Location: West Palm Beach FL
Contact:

Re: Is biting all around slow right now?

Post by migs24 »

If you're looking for quick action, you should probably be out there for this coming front. Meaning right now and if you're at home reading this, you're probably too late. Depends what you're looking to catch as well.

phonestarsllc
Weekend Warrior
Posts: 83
Joined: Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:03 pm

Re: Is biting all around slow right now?

Post by phonestarsllc »

migs24 wrote:If you're looking for quick action, you should probably be out there for this coming front. Meaning right now and if you're at home reading this, you're probably too late. Depends what you're looking to catch as well.
actually, I was in class lol(PBSC Gardens campus), and I'm not picky about what I catch as long as its not a cold, or something poisonous like a rock fish or lion fish.

phonestarsllc
Weekend Warrior
Posts: 83
Joined: Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:03 pm

Re: Is biting all around slow right now?

Post by phonestarsllc »

jettypark28 wrote:Fishing is a sport where patience is needed... You will get a lot more slow days
than reel screaming days... and the ones that are looking for fast actions are
normally the ones that give it up...

I love snook fishing... but catching them is a whole other story... catching one in
slot is almost like sighting Bigfoot... :lol:

Enjoy your time on the water and it will get better :toast:
thats deep, I'm going to start bringing beer with me

phonestarsllc
Weekend Warrior
Posts: 83
Joined: Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:03 pm

Re: Is biting all around slow right now?

Post by phonestarsllc »

jettypark28 wrote:We joke about beer and such> but if you ever take notice of the really good
fishermen out there.... They don't drink :shock:

I wait till I get home and then :toast: its on... LOL...

but honestly there are a lot of "Little things" that most of us do to at least get a run on
something...

IMHO if you are fishing just to fish> then enjoy yourself and make it a day out of whatever
you catch.. Pinfish/catfish/sting ray... anything and everything...

Because once you take that next step to Target a certain fish... :nilly: talk about having
really slow days/nites ....Ask sharkers how long they wait for just One run...
ask a snooker why they only catch overslots :lol:

Trust me enjoy this time... because once you get the bug to target a certain gamefish..
You will need to drink and take drugs :mrgreen:
lol sounds like a plan

phonestarsllc
Weekend Warrior
Posts: 83
Joined: Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:03 pm

Re: Is biting all around slow right now?

Post by phonestarsllc »

repair wrote:Sometimes your not holding your tongue wright when your fishing. LOL
oh geez, I thought you were going to tell me it was my flux capacitor

User avatar
Sirsnookalot
KING MACKEREL
Posts: 564
Joined: Fri Feb 16, 2007 5:25 pm
Location: Delray Beach, Fl.
Contact:

Re: Is biting all around slow right now?

Post by Sirsnookalot »

Jettypark makes some good points. From my point of view this year has been one of the most disappointing for me in ages. I do know people catching fish on live bait, as for me I'm strictly an artificial lure user, targeting snook, tarpon, jacks and barracuda, although I'll take what I can get, lol. It's all about putting your time in and hopefully being there at the right time. That said I have fished the most ideal times and have been skunked and fished the poorest conditions and scored well, in other words just be there as a dry lure catches no fish. Many people are of the notion that in saltwater the fishing should be hot, nothing could be further from the truth, not to say at certain times of the year it's pretty darn good. Many of our species down here are caught during a window of opportunity, then the bite is dead, knowing the nuances of the various species is going to produce more fish in the long run. When I'm fishing there is no cow poop, I'm working at catching fish, I don't stop to play with a smartphone app, or take a photo of some 10 inch fish.

phonestarsllc
Weekend Warrior
Posts: 83
Joined: Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:03 pm

Re: Is biting all around slow right now?

Post by phonestarsllc »

Sirsnookalot wrote:Jettypark makes some good points. From my point of view this year has been one of the most disappointing for me in ages. I do know people catching fish on live bait, as for me I'm strictly an artificial lure user, targeting snook, tarpon, jacks and barracuda, although I'll take what I can get, lol. It's all about putting your time in and hopefully being there at the right time. That said I have fished the most ideal times and have been skunked and fished the poorest conditions and scored well, in other words just be there as a dry lure catches no fish. Many people are of the notion that in saltwater the fishing should be hot, nothing could be further from the truth, not to say at certain times of the year it's pretty darn good. Many of our species down here are caught during a window of opportunity, then the bite is dead, knowing the nuances of the various species is going to produce more fish in the long run. When I'm fishing there is no cow poop, I'm working at catching fish, I don't stop to play with a smartphone app, or take a photo of some 10 inch fish.
your logic is sound, I try to use live bait, or as fresh bait as I can get, I'm going to give it another go again this weekend and see what happens, if I catch anything worth keeping, I'll post some pictures

phonestarsllc
Weekend Warrior
Posts: 83
Joined: Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:03 pm

Re: Is biting all around slow right now?

Post by phonestarsllc »

jettypark28 wrote:Sirsnookalot> Well said :toast: ....
All around, I've probably been fishing over 15 years including childhood, and I totally agree about how bad it has gotten, I might end up shelling out some greenbacks to get a charter and see how my luck pans out

Post Reply

Return to “Palm Beach and Martin Countys”