Recommended Set-up?

Boatless Fishing Reports for Palm Beach, Boca Raton, Boynton, Delray, Juno.
Martin County, Hobe Sound, Indian town, Port Mayaki
Post Reply
KDH
Fisher
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:25 pm

Recommended Set-up?

Post by KDH »

I plan on making my first trip to Juno Pier this coming winter. Does anyone have a recommended (i.e. successful :D ) set-up for pier fishing? I was thinking a general purpose 7 ft. spinning outfit. But if you feel I need more or less backbone, or would be better off with a casting reel, please let me know. Thanks!

fishaddict0916
Old Salt
Posts: 403
Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:45 pm

Re: Recommended Set-up?

Post by fishaddict0916 »

The "gereral purpose 7' spinning outfit" is great for throwing heavier lures or fishing bottom with cut bait. However, I would also bring one light setup for throwing small jigs, or light lures in case the sp mackeral are there.

Post Reply

Return to “Palm Beach and Martin Countys”