Anyone heard of burnt/burns bridge?

Boatless Fishing Reports for Palm Beach, Boca Raton, Boynton, Delray, Juno.
Martin County, Hobe Sound, Indian town, Port Mayaki
Post Reply
phonestarsllc
Weekend Warrior
Posts: 83
Joined: Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:03 pm

Anyone heard of burnt/burns bridge?

Post by phonestarsllc »

I heard its somewhere in palm beach gardens, heard it had alot of different types of saltwater pleasures, snappers, sheephead,snook, etc.

Anyone have an actual physical address to it?

Thanks

User avatar
PhishingPhanatic
BLACK FIN TUNA
Posts: 6785
Joined: Sat Jul 15, 2006 8:52 pm
Location: 204 Miles From Long Key

Re: Anyone heard of burnt/burns bridge?

Post by PhishingPhanatic »

It's on A1A just south of the entrance to McArthur Park. I launch my kayak there to fish Munyon island. Seen people fishing from shore there but never done it myself.
Image

phonestarsllc
Weekend Warrior
Posts: 83
Joined: Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:03 pm

Re: Anyone heard of burnt/burns bridge?

Post by phonestarsllc »

PhishingPhanatic wrote:It's on A1A just south of the entrance to McArthur Park. I launch my kayak there to fish Munyon island. Seen people fishing from shore there but never done it myself.
so its only accessible via kayak?

Thanks

User avatar
diggin4grouper
KING MACKEREL
Posts: 897
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 11:45 am
Location: PORT SAINT LUCIE , FLORIDA
Contact:

Re: Anyone heard of burnt/burns bridge?

Post by diggin4grouper »


User avatar
PhishingPhanatic
BLACK FIN TUNA
Posts: 6785
Joined: Sat Jul 15, 2006 8:52 pm
Location: 204 Miles From Long Key

Re: Anyone heard of burnt/burns bridge?

Post by PhishingPhanatic »

phonestarsllc wrote:
PhishingPhanatic wrote:It's on A1A just south of the entrance to McArthur Park. I launch my kayak there to fish Munyon island. Seen people fishing from shore there but never done it myself.
so its only accessible via kayak?

Thanks
No, take A1A north from Blue Heron Blvd or south from PGA. You can park right on the side of the road.
Image

phonestarsllc
Weekend Warrior
Posts: 83
Joined: Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:03 pm

Re: Anyone heard of burnt/burns bridge?

Post by phonestarsllc »

PhishingPhanatic wrote:
phonestarsllc wrote:
PhishingPhanatic wrote:It's on A1A just south of the entrance to McArthur Park. I launch my kayak there to fish Munyon island. Seen people fishing from shore there but never done it myself.
so its only accessible via kayak?

Thanks
No, take A1A north from Blue Heron Blvd or south from PGA. You can park right on the side of the road.
and I'm assuming fish right where you park too?

User avatar
migs24
Old Salt
Posts: 428
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:21 pm
Location: West Palm Beach FL
Contact:

Re: Anyone heard of burnt/burns bridge?

Post by migs24 »

You can fish anywhere you can throw a line in along the side of the road. There's the bridge there as well that at times will hold a lot of fish. I've caught snook, trout, sheepshead, and on occasion you'll also find smaller tarpon cruising the area. It takes a while to get the place figured out with the tides and so forth, so do not be discouraged if your first trip ends up in failure. Most of the fish I've caught have been from my kayak though. Bring plenty of bug spray.. the noseeums are WICKED there.

phonestarsllc
Weekend Warrior
Posts: 83
Joined: Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:03 pm

Re: Anyone heard of burnt/burns bridge?

Post by phonestarsllc »

migs24 wrote:You can fish anywhere you can throw a line in along the side of the road. There's the bridge there as well that at times will hold a lot of fish. I've caught snook, trout, sheepshead, and on occasion you'll also find smaller tarpon cruising the area. It takes a while to get the place figured out with the tides and so forth, so do not be discouraged if your first trip ends up in failure. Most of the fish I've caught have been from my kayak though. Bring plenty of bug spray.. the noseeums are WICKED there.
Trout and snook along there? wow, thats really interesting, I've only actually kayaked in that area, I will probably add that to my list of spots to try this weekend, thanks for your info!!

phonestarsllc
Weekend Warrior
Posts: 83
Joined: Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:03 pm

Re: Anyone heard of burnt/burns bridge?

Post by phonestarsllc »

After all this time has accrued, I found it by accident, it's just that little bridge along the way, it looks like you have to use really light gear over there

User avatar
BadWolf43
Fisher
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:33 pm
Location: Boynton Beach

Re: Anyone heard of burnt/burns bridge?

Post by BadWolf43 »

Fished the burnt bridge via kayak last weekend from 7am to 10am with no luck.

aalkukhun
Fisher
Posts: 21
Joined: Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:20 am

Re: Anyone heard of burnt/burns bridge?

Post by aalkukhun »

Went out there to get some Pinfish the other day. Got bite size ones with a sabiki and little pieces of shrimp. right under the bridge. There was at least 8 guys fishing out there and all were not happy about the outcome for the day.
I tried the pinfish in the palm beach shores inlet. No luck using the pinfish, it seemed like the pinfish go around rocks or they try to hide. so i end up either with no bait or no hook at all. (I have no experience fishing so, I'm sure I was doing something wrong).

gdm phil
SHARKER
Posts: 2224
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:22 am
Location: wellington, FL
Contact:

Re: Anyone heard of burnt/burns bridge?

Post by gdm phil »

fished numerous times at this bridge. if you fish the cove to the east of it with shrimp and a jig head you will get snook trout and lady fish
Philthy sport fishing
Come get philthy!
561-542-2515
Affordable offshore trips fir the boat less fishermen

phonestarsllc
Weekend Warrior
Posts: 83
Joined: Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:03 pm

Re: Anyone heard of burnt/burns bridge?

Post by phonestarsllc »

gdm phil wrote:fished numerous times at this bridge. if you fish the cove to the east of it with shrimp and a jig head you will get snook trout and lady fish
I'll have to try it, been out there several times with no luck, but I think I need to pay more attention to the tides etc

Post Reply

Return to “Palm Beach and Martin Countys”