Looking for a place to surf cast in delray

Boatless Fishing Reports for Palm Beach, Boca Raton, Boynton, Delray, Juno.
Martin County, Hobe Sound, Indian town, Port Mayaki
gdm phil
SHARKER

Looking for a place to surf cast in delray

Post by gdm phil »

Hello fellow anglers, im new to the forum and to the fishing in florida sport. im orig from NY and was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of some good beach fishing spots. im not sure where its allowed and not allowed. Im used to blue fishing off the beach on long island lol. hopefully you guys can help me scratch this itch
Philthy sport fishing
Come get philthy!
561-542-2515
Affordable offshore trips fir the boat less fishermen

fixed80
BLACK FIN TUNA

Re: Looking for a place to surf cast in delray

Post by fixed80 »

if u luv bluefish, than u should wait till the fronts move in. it'll be bluefish mania :cheers:

u could try atlantic dunes or anchor park for fishing but i really dont kno if it is legal.

crashmister
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by crashmister »

GDM; You can fish for anything but Shark in Delray and Atlantic dunes park. You need to check about time restrictions and you can't chum in either location.
Nice Boat! Now get it outa my driveway!

gdm phil
SHARKER

Post by gdm phil »

crashmister wrote:GDM; You can fish for anything but Shark in Delray and Atlantic dunes park. You need to check about time restrictions and you can't chum in either location.
great any idea of what to go for? this is right at the end of atlantic right? wooohoo im going :reeling: tongiht
Philthy sport fishing
Come get philthy!
561-542-2515

crashmister
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by crashmister »

GDM; Sorry Dude Iv'e never fished it so I have no clue. The only reason I'm aware of the rules is I have been watching to see when they actually list the Sharking ban.
Nice Boat! Now get it outa my driveway!

gdm phil
SHARKER

Post by gdm phil »

crashmister wrote:GDM; Sorry Dude Iv'e never fished it so I have no clue. The only reason I'm aware of the rules is I have been watching to see when they actually list the Sharking ban.
thanx anyway homie, guess ill just buy an assortment of baits and see what bites. gotta test the waters in a new spot for the beginer I am. we always cant be catching when fishing its all part of the fun lol
Philthy sport fishing
Come get philthy!
561-542-2515

Bluefish in ny
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Bluefish in ny »

gdm... I too am from NY and spent many o day fishing for blues.. hence my screen name.... I think you are better off going a few miles North to Boynton... If you ever want "tips/techniques" let me know.. I am always game to help out a fellow NY'er.
My posts are just my opinion... Gathered from my research and my experiences in this passion we all share.. Dont hate if my opinion differs from yours... We all have opinions just like butt holes

Sirsnookalot
KING MACKEREL

Post by Sirsnookalot »

I hit most of the beaches between Anchor Park and Lake Worth, been spotty at best. I would agree the further north the better it can be.
I like to keep it simple, mostly using silver or gold spoons, but just about anything will work.
West wind, flat surf I've been using a fly on my spinning rod (daybreak)decent results.

gdm phil
SHARKER

Post by gdm phil »

Ive only got a spinning rod right now for surfcasting. nothing to special. waiting on my dad to send me down my old rods. although I dont know how fluke and flounder rods are going to handle the fish down here
Philthy sport fishing
Come get philthy!
561-542-2515

Bluefish in ny
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Bluefish in ny »

Your fluke and flounder rods, should be fine!!!! Unless you want to play with poon.. Just to let you know... I run with a 2500 Shimano Saros, spooled with 10lb Suffix, 7 foot or 6.5 medium and have had no problems... From the beach that is.
My posts are just my opinion... Gathered from my research and my experiences in this passion we all share.. Dont hate if my opinion differs from yours... We all have opinions just like butt holes

gdm phil
SHARKER

Post by gdm phil »

Bluefish in ny wrote:Your fluke and flounder rods, should be fine!!!! Unless you want to play with poon.. Just to let you know... I run with a 2500 Shimano Saros, spooled with 10lb Suffix, 7 foot or 6.5 medium and have had no problems... From the beach that is.
good to hear, I gotta practice casting with them, going to scotties or eds in long beach and renting a lil boat and just droping line huh lol
Philthy sport fishing
Come get philthy!
561-542-2515

gdm phil
SHARKER

Post by gdm phil »

We all started somewhere love looking back at where I started
Philthy sport fishing
Come get philthy!
561-542-2515