Boca Beach surf Reports

Boatless Fishing Reports for Palm Beach, Boca Raton, Boynton, Delray, Juno.
Martin County, Hobe Sound, Indian town, Port Mayaki
bmizzle7
Fisher

Re: Boca Beach

Post by bmizzle7 »

Blowed out n weedy as $hit

landcaster
Seasoned Fisher

Re: weeds

Post by landcaster »

It can get weedy for sure...Thanks.for heads up

landcaster
Seasoned Fisher

Washout

Post by landcaster »

FYI: Washout.....beach a total washout went this morning..huge waves started hundreds of yards out,no beach tide was so high..

Boca Jetty Rat
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Boca Jetty Rat »

I was there this morning (sunday) around 10am and it was HUGE. No beach to even walk on. The current on the beach was like a gnarly river. Lifeguards were not allowing anyone to walk the beach. Some guys were showing up with rods like it was fishable with spoons and what not but, No way in hell it was even close to fishable. You get killed in that poop. :toast:

gatorjwade
Old Salt

Post by gatorjwade »

Here's a couple photos I took at Spanish River... you can see where the water was coming up to at high tide in the morning. Incredible. I'll post more photos in the Boynton Inlet and Delray areas... !!!
boca1.jpg
boca2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jeff

Boca Jetty Rat
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Boca Jetty Rat »

I was standing right there probably a few minutes earlier. :toast:

Sirsnookalot
KING MACKEREL

Post by Sirsnookalot »

I have a friend living on Dog Beach, that's next to Gulfstream Beach, his apartment was flooded out. This is a new meaning to the high water mark.

rngriley
Fisher

Post by rngriley »

Mackeral were thick off boca this afternoon feeding on glass minnows. Had to wade to sandbar in order to reach them. If you have a yak you could tear them up. Jacks, ladyfish, and runners as well. Good luck.

gatorjwade
Old Salt

Post by gatorjwade »

nice, thanks for the report! :-)
Jeff

ffishermen1
Seasoned Fisher

Post by ffishermen1 »

Good hear there are out there. Nice report.

landcaster
Seasoned Fisher

Post by landcaster »

thanks..curious also to see how mother nature "reconstructed" the beach

landcaster
Seasoned Fisher

Post by landcaster »

Well got my answer ..the beaches are totally reconstructed by mother nature...so much sand dragged down ,and than it filled in the shallows, the beaches are much narrower, especially at high tide...

Poseidon10/31
KING MACKEREL

Post by Poseidon10/31 »

landcaster wrote:Well got my answer ..the beaches are totally reconstructed by mother nature...so much sand dragged down ,and than it filled in the shallows, the beaches are much narrower, especially at high tide...
If you think Boca Beach i s bad you should see the Jersey shore. My family has(had) a friend with a $5 million dollar house on the beach. The house and beach are completely gone now. Striped bass season is starting soon up there, and many of those boatless fisherman have lost their honey holes.

landcaster
Seasoned Fisher

Boca Beach surf

Post by landcaster »

Hit South county beach sunrise...dead as a doornail...so shallow inshore still..anybody else got any recent reports they want to share from South County.?.

Boca Jetty Rat
GOLIATH GROUPER

Re: Boca Beach surf Reports

Post by Boca Jetty Rat »

The sandbar is really close and shallow. Lots of tourists. :toast: No fish caught.

Snook hunter
Old Salt

Post by Snook hunter »

I fished a beach yesterday with the 1st trough about 5 feet deep and 5 feet wide at high tide and then about 6 inches of water for a about 20 yards. It makes night fishing a challenge.

landcaster
Seasoned Fisher

Post by landcaster »

Thanks guys for those observations..a bummer, i was hoping my observations were wrong......I do find though that within 1 hour of high tide, that does provide enough water for fish to make it over and into the trough even at the worst beaches...makes the fishing time very restrictive.....any other time no good...

coolcow
Seasoned Fisher

Post by coolcow »

Mostly DELRAY and some BOCA... I haven't been out on the beach much since Sandy, but it's what I know best so I went back out. I've been out a few times this week and it's looked real fishy. Jacks, big runners, a few big (for up here -- 3 or 4 lbs) bonefish, palomettas, bluefish, and a handful of keeper pompano. Big fleas are clumping and the fish are tearing them up if you can man up and wade up to the bar, cast out, and walk it back. there is no bite in the trough, especially at low tide. anyway, there are always fish out there so rig up right and catch some. Bonefish seem to be schooling up as far as you can cast out (~12-15 feet). I also saw some mullet jumping south the last few days. get em, get em.

coolcow
Seasoned Fisher

Post by coolcow »

Fleas are thin since the fronts came through. Mackerel and jacks on spoons, jigs, and bucktails.

coolcow
Seasoned Fisher

Post by coolcow »

I've been expecting them, but haven't seen them (yet). I went out yesterday morning and got cut off a few times. Those could have been blues, but I saw mackerel jumping. Also, a guy diving said the only thing he saw was a school of macks. Every day has been different out there so I wouldn't be surprised if they show up tomorrow.

gatorjwade
Old Salt

parking meters come to Spanish River Blvd :-(

Post by gatorjwade »

Alas, this morning I found that they are finally here.... parking meters. :-(

Not only that, but on weekends it's $3 per hour!!!! :shock:

Fished 2 hours this morning at sunrise... just 2 blue runners.
Jeff

coolcow
Seasoned Fisher

Post by coolcow »

We had a good run...

If you are a city resident you can get the beach pass ($30?) and park at all of the city parks until Oct. 1st. I got a ticket out there a few months back for having my truck there after 10 PM and it was $25. That really steamed my buns.

Maybe I can buy a few five piece surf rods, a telescoping flea rake, a collapsible bait bucket, and some smaller sand spikes. Then I could wear a backpack and lock up my Huffy. Of course then I'll have to increase the potency of my potables from PBRs to Sailor Jerry.

gatorjwade
Old Salt

Post by gatorjwade »

Funny!

Actually, I think resident beach pass is up to like $54 now. :shock:

the meters sure cut down on the parking problem down there. When I got there at 6:30am usually the parking is halfway to the bridge, but today I was the 2nd car.

I think if you have a resident beach pass, then the parking at the meters should also be free. I think I'll send an email...
Jeff

Boca Jetty Rat
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Boca Jetty Rat »

That sucks. I got a after 10pm ticket too last summer.

gatorjwade
Old Salt

Post by gatorjwade »

yeah, I usually don't fish at night, but a couple months ago went there with the wife and couple friends.... we fished until about 10:30pm and sure 'nuff, a $35 ticket! (Price must have gone up, now that they have to pay for all those new parking meters!)
Jeff

landcaster
Seasoned Fisher

Post by landcaster »

$ 3hr ...how much during week..?..wow....looks like I am done fishing there....skunked lately anyway.. luckily I have a parking pass sounds like I am now gonna be fishing sunset rather than sun rise..lol

landcaster
Seasoned Fisher

Post by landcaster »

Beach fishing die with the meters?...

Ambrozy
Fisher

Post by Ambrozy »

Meters have totally killed the sunrise fishing, $1.50/hour M/F $3/hour Weekend
:auto: Meter

Ambrozy
Fisher

Post by Ambrozy »

gatorjwade wrote:Funny!

Actually, I think resident beach pass is up to like $54 now. :shock:

the meters sure cut down on the parking problem down there. When I got there at 6:30am usually the parking is halfway to the bridge, but today I was the 2nd car.

I think if you have a resident beach pass, then the parking at the meters should also be free. I think I'll send an email...
I whole heartdly agree, I have the pass too, you can't get into Spanish River park until 8:00AM.

Return to “Palm Beach and Martin Countys”