Lantana Bridge/ Park

Boatless Fishing Reports for Palm Beach, Boca Raton, Boynton, Delray, Juno.
Martin County, Hobe Sound, Indian town, Port Mayaki
Inlet_Hookn

Lantana Bridge/ Park

Post by Inlet_Hookn »

Im not sure if thats what its called but does anyone fish that bridge or the park on the north side? right by old key lime house

Inlet_Hookn

Re: Lantana Bridge/ Park

Post by Inlet_Hookn »

Im at the boynton inlet all the time and wanted to switch it up. I heard they were doing work at lantana but 2 yrs? jeez... :?

mogenmyle
Seasoned Fisher

Post by mogenmyle »

ya that and i dont think its gonna be very fisher friendly when its done.

Sirsnookalot
KING MACKEREL

Post by Sirsnookalot »

It's going to be down about another year or so, there was talk of November 2013 if on schedule.
I have fished Lantana many times in the past, it's one of the easier places that I have found to catch snook, I miss not fishing there. I haven't driven over there since the construction, but on the east side of the bridge there still may be foot access, snook there too. In the general area that are spots you can squeeze into that produce.
Whether it's an abundance of freshwater coming into the ICW or not, my snook production has been on the poor side this year, the ocean has been very satisfactory.

jezratty
Old Salt

Post by jezratty »

i used to go to that spot quite a bit... bluefish, pompano, mangroves, jacks.. but sometimes only hardheads... the lady k is docked over there.. last time i went out on the boat i saw some snook by the dock... but lots of construction going on now!!

BadWolf43
Fisher

Post by BadWolf43 »

Has anyone fished the new bridge since it was completed?

repair
Fisher

Post by repair »

The area is starting to pick up.
On the south side the parking still sucks and no rod holders yet.
They put parking meters on the north parking lot.
The pier goes under the bridge you can get on from eather the north or south side and makes it easer to get into deeper water.

Sirsnookalot
KING MACKEREL

Post by Sirsnookalot »

Before the construction that area was excellent for snook casting parallel to the bridge. I did think being able to walk further out and cast towards the catwalks would be productive, it hasn't worker out that way. I think there is too much freshwater coming thru the ICW now. Before the rains started maybe back in March or April it was on fire there, mullet every where and snook, at daybreak for about 2 weeks straight we were catching jacks like these, ancient history now.

Backwoods123
Old Salt

Post by Backwoods123 »

Get you some flare hawks or some live shrimp on a troll rite and go there at night and you should def get some snook... Even some tarpon maybe...

phillybass
Seasoned Fisher

Post by phillybass »

Went there with mom tonight. She got her first saltwater fish a grunt. I got a small black tip . Nothing else was hitting but it was fun time with mom
Tight Lines and Burning Drags!!!

SaintMary
Fisher

Post by SaintMary »

I've been out there all week. Mostly at dusk and on the sea wall.

Snook, grouper, and blue runners.

I went to the "pier" type deal that they have there tonight. Nice people and mostly snook.

There was a plethora of mullet under the pier and by the pilings. HUGE splashes and HUGE fishing chasing them.

I wasn't the one that got the catch them all, but there was a dude and his kid and his kid caught most of everything.

XOXO
Mary

SaintMary
Fisher

Post by SaintMary »

phillybass wrote:Went there with mom tonight. She got her first saltwater fish a grunt. I got a small black tip . Nothing else was hitting but it was fun time with mom

Tons of Grunts and they were small and big. Swimming all over!

SaintMary
Fisher

Post by SaintMary »

It's done. The fishing is good because no one knows it's done.

SaintMary
Fisher

Post by SaintMary »

mogenmyle wrote:ya that and i dont think its gonna be very fisher friendly when its done.
How do you mean? I think it's "fisher friendly" :D

SaintMary
Fisher

Post by SaintMary »

Inlet_Hookn wrote:Im not sure if thats what its called but does anyone fish that bridge or the park on the north side? right by old key lime house
Depending on the tide, I stick to the sea wall in the centennial park. I'll go to that side when I'm up early enough :wink:

SaintMary
Fisher

Post by SaintMary »

Was out the last few days and the mullet are running plentiful.

Last night a friend of mine caught a snapper that was 45lbs and 52". Not bad...I'm so jealous.

baseball4life702
KING MACKEREL

Post by baseball4life702 »

Might I ask what kind of snapper? 45 lbs and 52" doesn't sound like a typical snapper of any type let alone from land.

Moose
KING MACKEREL

Post by Moose »

baseball4life702 wrote:Might I ask what kind of snapper? 45 lbs and 52" doesn't sound like a typical snapper of any type let alone from land.
the tackle needed for a snapper that size.......

SaintMary
Fisher

Post by SaintMary »

baseball4life702 wrote:Might I ask what kind of snapper? 45 lbs and 52" doesn't sound like a typical snapper of any type let alone from land.
No idea, I was busy on the north pier/thingy and he was on the south.

I said the same thing, but i saw it with my own two, beady, little eyes :shock:

He had to walk it into shore, all I saw was the head and mouth and it was by the lights there (which are pretty low light), so I couldn't even tell you what kind it was. Def. a snapper though :D

:reeling:

LINESIDER
Old Salt

Post by LINESIDER »

this thread is worthless with no pics..out of everyone there,no one had a camera?? not even a stranger? a fish like that is picture worthy. not callinf anyone a liar,just find it hard to believe eatpop

baseball4life702
KING MACKEREL

LINESIDER wrote:this thread is worthless with no pics..out of everyone there,no one had a camera?? not even a stranger? a fish like that is picture worthy. not callinf anyone a liar,just find it hard to believe eatpop
Yea I'm in agreance, that is like an epic feat for land based fishing (hell even on a boat that's epic) it would spread through the communities like wildfire. I was thinking maybe they just got the species wrong the size fits more like a snook or tarpon.

SaintMary
Fisher

Post by SaintMary »

LINESIDER wrote:this thread is worthless with no pics..out of everyone there,no one had a camera?? not even a stranger? a fish like that is picture worthy. not callinf anyone a liar,just find it hard to believe eatpop
agreed.

I promise, on my daughter, that he caught it though. I know no one know's me personally, but what's the point in sharing that with a bunch of people and ratting out my fishing spot?

SaintMary
Fisher

Post by SaintMary »

baseball4life702 wrote:
Yea I'm in agreance, that is like an epic feat for land based fishing (hell even on a boat that's epic) it would spread through the communities like wildfire. I was thinking maybe they just got the species wrong the size fits more like a snook or tarpon.
I know the dude, so I'll see if he got a photos...(I don't see why he wouldn't have...

To be continued... :stupid:

baseball4life702
KING MACKEREL

SaintMary wrote:
agreed.

I promise, on my daughter, that he caught it though. I know no one know's me personally, but what's the point in sharing that with a bunch of people and ratting out my fishing spot?
Lol it's not about people knowing or believing you it just doesn't sound right at all. Only one snapper really gets bigger than 30lb range and could hit 52inches and that's the cubera yet the really big ones are almost always caught on a boat and away from Florida because of the pressure snapper get here from shore. No current snapper but the cubera currently holds a weight record over 30lbs or 30inches.

SaintMary
Fisher

Post by SaintMary »

I'm not sure if it even matters, but the mullet were running hard that night and even those were huge. For mullet that far inshore anyway...

Still waiting for a photo...

LINESIDER
Old Salt

Post by LINESIDER »

eatpop do u really have a daughter ??

fishnfool73
AMBASSADOR to the... BF FORUM

Post by fishnfool73 »

I would pay to see a cubera that big caught off land here. Not uncommon south of the border but for Florida I have never heard of it being done. Are you sure it wasn't a goliath ?
Dreaming the dream that one day I can be as good as some of the boatless pros and catch some 12 inch mangrove snapper.

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

fishnfool73 wrote:Are you sure it wasn't a goliath ?

Will make sense if no pictures were taken :batman:

k5523915
Old Salt

Post by k5523915 »

Rare wrote:
fishnfool73 wrote:Are you sure it wasn't a goliath ?

Will make sense if no pictures were taken :batman:

or maybe it's a dog snapper mutant :driving:

Return to “Palm Beach and Martin Countys”