Juno Fishing Pier Reports 2013 to 2022 "Reports Only"

Boatless Fishing Reports for Palm Beach, Boca Raton, Boynton, Delray, Juno.
Martin County, Hobe Sound, Indian town, Port Mayaki
BoatlessFisherman
Fisherman - Owner - Administrator

Juno Fishing Pier Reports 2013 to 2022 "Reports Only"

Post by BoatlessFisherman »

Thank you for the Reports :toast:
-Tommy A-

click, click, click, Fish ON - Over, Under, Over, Under Get out of my Way. Sound familiar.

jkfishing
Fisher

Re: Juno Fishing Pier Reports 2013 "Reports Only"

Post by jkfishing »

A few mackerels and pompanos were caught last couple days. With a cold front coming this weekend fishing should pick up real soon.

joeLassandro
Fisher

Post by joeLassandro »

Only managed a couple blue runners and some jacks on live shrimp, although I did see some mackerel and pompano

fauxcive
Fisher

Post by fauxcive »

last weekend had little, just spots and blue runner. I was only there for a few hours this weekend (saturdaymorning), pretty slow still, very few blue runners caught that I saw, but schools of mackerel were definitely in the water, although sparse. thought I saw some bluefish coming up occasionally too. didn't see any macks or blues getting hooked though.

l0ude0
Fisher

Post by l0ude0 »

How's Juno fishing Lately ?

anubis10111
Seasoned Fisher

Post by anubis10111 »

Whats up guys has anybody been catching anything these past few days?
R.I.P. Johnny
10/31/69-02/06/08

PhishingPhanatic
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by PhishingPhanatic »

Some macs, a few pompano and some big whiting in the surf.

inazario
Fisher

Post by inazario »

Yeah same report as last average macs, nice pompano on clams and supposebly there are some kings off of the T.
I love it when this reel sings.

maxslax
Fisher

Post by maxslax »

I was out there today from 6:50 (when they opened the pier today) until around 11:30. Tossed out there some top water plugs and a deep runner at times, wasn't getting any bites. Also had a bluefish rig out there with squid but again got nothing.

Saw a guy catch a small mack early in the morning, and there were maybe 4 or 5 blue runners that were caught the entire time I was there.

Saw a few rays coming and going but no one was able to hook any cobia.

Real windy out there today, will be back out there tomorrow hoping for some more luck.

Happy fishing!

--Max

erinfish
Weekend Warrior

Post by erinfish »

Keep the reports coming!
Tight lines!

maxslax
Fisher

Post by maxslax »

I was out there again today from 6:50 until around 3:30. 8 hours of some terrible fishing (was a beautiful day, so who's to complain?)

Caught one blue-runner at around 7:45 and that was it for the day. Saw 4 other runners caught in the 8 hours I was there...nothing was biting again today.

Saw a few mackerels, one went after my lure but didn't take it, and that was about it.

At the bottom of the pier there were over a dozen snook just chillen under the pier, unless you have live bait and a good cast, I wouldn't bother, they're not biting at all.

Again saw a handful of rays coming and going, no one was able to hook a cobia, though many of tried.

Hopefully we'll see some better fishing tomorrow!

Happy fishing!

--Max

p.s. if anyone from this forum is there, look for a guy in a black hat with sunglasses (there are a few though) and one of them will be me, come on over and we'll talk fishin'.

maxslax
Fisher

Post by maxslax »

Out there again today from 6:50 until 3:30. Some blue runners were caught early in the morning and throughout the day.

Caught 2 macs myself and saw about a half dozen more brought up.

At around 11 a guy caught a nice jack and and a good sized blue fish.

All around, better fishing today.

Happy fishing!

--Max

fishaddict0916
Old Salt

Post by fishaddict0916 »

Wow!!!! Almost 4 months gone out of the year already and only 12 posts on Juno Pier thread? That has to be a new record!! :shock: Is Juno that totally dead this year or is it just that no one that fishes there reports here anymore?

PhishingPhanatic
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by PhishingPhanatic »

fishaddict0916 wrote: Is Juno that totally dead this year or is it just that no one that fishes there reports here anymore?
Both..it is pretty much dead, so not many people are fishing to post reports.

fishaddict0916
Old Salt

Post by fishaddict0916 »

That's sad!! Juno used to be such an awesome pier to fish....plenty of fish and some awesome regulars fishing there that were fun to hang out with when the fish weren't biting (which wasn't very often)! Seems that the last couple years, the fishing has just gotten worse and worse....nothing like it was a few years ago!! It's going to suck having to go all the way up to SI to catch some decent fish!! :reeling:

ringonose
Seasoned Fisher

Post by ringonose »

I was down there today, just down the beach, it was indeed dead. I didn't even get a nibble and normally along Juno beach at this time of year, I'll catch a collection of Blue Fish, Runners, Pomp's, and even when I get skunked I get lots of Whiting. NOTHING today. That pier was rockin' in November though...Mac's were being caught like popcorn
..."and the meek shall inherit the earth...."

phonestarsllc
Weekend Warrior

Post by phonestarsllc »

ringonose wrote:I was down there today, just down the beach, it was indeed dead. I didn't even get a nibble and normally along Juno beach at this time of year, I'll catch a collection of Blue Fish, Runners, Pomp's, and even when I get skunked I get lots of Whiting. NOTHING today. That pier was rockin' in November though...Mac's were being caught like popcorn

I went too, not even a nibble, about 2 weeks ago, was there for almost 2 hours and nothing, bait still on hook and all.

bigboyjames11
Old Salt

Post by bigboyjames11 »

I hit the pier last night around 6 just to get out of the house. The wind was out of control. I only brought lures and got no hits on my crappie jig or ghost rapala. I did see a big poon hooked and as I was leaving there was a good sized jack netted. A small school of sardines were around but really hard to catch
only the big and strong survive

phonestarsllc
Weekend Warrior

Post by phonestarsllc »

bigboyjames11 wrote:I hit the pier last night around 6 just to get out of the house. The wind was out of control. I only brought lures and got no hits on my crappie jig or ghost rapala. I did see a big poon hooked and as I was leaving there was a good sized jack netted. A small school of sardines were around but really hard to catch
I went today, everyone had all sorts of bait, no one caught anything for over 3 hours

Cannible
Weekend Warrior

Post by Cannible »

Any live sardines?

phonestarsllc
Weekend Warrior

Post by phonestarsllc »

Cannible wrote:Any live sardines?
I'll be honest with you, they were using live bait, but I wasn't sure what kind of fish they were using as bait

Albacized
Seasoned Fisher

Post by Albacized »

Any bonies showing up yet? Getting ready for my annual 10 day trip to S FL a week from next monday (I typically spend the first half of the trip on the west coast - Venice, then over to Juno for the second half of the trip)...fishing wise, I'm not interested in anything of food value (no means to keep the fish), and wouldn't mind some bonita, large jacks (I was introduced to those a couple of years ago:-)), macs of any sort (although the ceros are smallish down there, I'll also have a lighter rod along with something more appropriate for the other species mentioned), snook, cuda or just whatever - past experience tells me that the snooking game out there is mostly a bait game, although I did hook up once last year on a size 10 'ghost' colored x rap...the only species I'm not really up for are whatever ground fish type species may be in the area

malibuminix
Old Salt

Post by malibuminix »

Hit the pier friday morning around 7.It was very calm and no wind at all.Lots of small bait and Snook.Saw some mackerel caught early and some Snook late morning.Some Bonita as well but nothing to be to exited about.There was one guy who caught the most Snook on dead spanish sardines.He put them on the hook and then stepped on them.I never saw this technique but it was working for him pretty well.

HookinSnook
Old Salt

Post by HookinSnook »

Thanks for the report Janos! :reeling:
Frank

malibuminix
Old Salt

Post by malibuminix »

HookinSnook wrote:Thanks for the report Janos! :reeling:
No problem Frank.Some one need to let every one know whats up.

linh
KING MACKEREL

Post by linh »

The southside of the pier is full of horn bellies. Have you guys had any luck with them? I never caught anything with these horn bellies.

fishaddict0916
Old Salt

Post by fishaddict0916 »

Fished the T of the pier yesterday from daylight till 2pm. Bait was very hard to get at times and when you did manage to get some, they were very small. There were a few bonies came through off and on in the morning, but not a lot. Other than that, it was mostly blue runners, with the odd sp mac....and of course the normal spawning snook stacked under the pier. Shortly after lunch, there was one school of sp macs that came through.....they were around off an on for about 30 mins or so, then gone. Beautiful day to be outside even though the fishing wasn't nearly as good as we used to see there in the summer time!

linh
KING MACKEREL

Post by linh »

Lots of small pilchards and tons of snook. :reeling:

avet4life
Seasoned Fisher

Post by avet4life »

linh wrote:Lots of small pilchards and tons of snook. :reeling:
Linh, thanks for the update.
- was going to go Juno on Sunday, but end up at Lake Worth.

maxslax
Fisher

Post by maxslax »

Hey you guys,

Haven't been on here for a while but I'm coming back down to Juno tomorrow for about 2 weeks to fish. I'll be out on the peer everyday.

Anyone got a report for me in the meantime?

--Max

Return to “Palm Beach and Martin Countys”