Early morning parking/access, Boca to Hillsboro

Boatless Fishing Reports for Palm Beach, Boca Raton, Boynton, Delray, Juno.
Martin County, Hobe Sound, Indian town, Port Mayaki
mob
Fisher

Early morning parking/access, Boca to Hillsboro

Post by mob »

Hello all,

I'm a Canadian angler from Toronto, escaping the cold (!) and I'll be spending next week in the Deerfield Beach area at a family apartment, well away from the beach. My angling opportunities are pretty much limited to 5am-9am as day time is reserved for family/kids activities and the wife and I plan to hang out and relax in the evenings.

I'm looking for an area where I can park (not picky - street/lot/meter, free or paid) and access the beach easily for some surf fishing during those hours, preferably somewhere in the stretch from Hillsboro inlet to Boca inlet, but I'll take suggestions further afield if there are better alternatives.

I like the DYI fishing approach, and just prefer the calm of a beach rather than a pier. I'll be trying for a variety of fish, from the smaller common stuff to small sharks if I can get one.

Really appreciate any tips you can offer on where I can park at that time of day without having my car towed.

Tight lines!

MOB

boriqua187
Fisher

Re: Early morning parking/access, Boca to Hillsboro

Post by boriqua187 »

Fish north of spanish river park if you want to stay in that area. Pay the parking meters off A1A and spanish river blvd and walk to the beach. Walk north on the beach and you will see area to fish off the beach. If not there is a free park next to boynton called gulfstream park. There are also a bunch of beaches in pompano if you want to travel south. Good Luck!!

saltydoug
Weekend Warrior

Post by saltydoug »

Welcome. What he said + there is paid parking on the South side of Boca Inlet. Heading north between Delray and Boynton there are a number of beach parks with free parking including Boynton Inlet. Getting there that early should be no problem getting a spot. Good Luck and make sure you post up your catch!
Paying dues; two cents at a time.

mob
Fisher

Post by mob »

Thank you both kindly - this type of info is really helpful as I haven't got much time to find where I'm going and the local intel helps maximize my fishing time.

I'll be sure to post results. This is a great board for information - I'm spending way too much time on here planning for our trip.

Tight lines,

MOB

Return to “Palm Beach and Martin Countys”