getting to the surf at Ocean Reef park

Boatless Fishing Reports for Palm Beach, Boca Raton, Boynton, Delray, Juno.
Martin County, Hobe Sound, Indian town, Port Mayaki
hugehail
Fisher

getting to the surf at Ocean Reef park

Post by hugehail »

Im planning a vacation to south FL for fishing and have been researching all the nitty gritty details as far as beach access. That stretch of undeveloped beach north of the condos on
Singer Island looks enticing. I called John D McArthur Park and they told me they open at 8 am. He also made it clear to me that you cant walk through the park before 8 to get to the water. Well, I suppose that's cool for some but what if I want to start fishing at first light when the pomps turn on? I also called Ocean Reef Park and they dont open early either. So I am trying to think of workaround. I could have my wife drop me off at Ocean reef park at 630 am and I could walk to the water with my gear. Will that work or do they block ocean access before opening time? Is there an other alternative to gettting to the water early am? But then she would have to do something until 8 am while I fish before she could come park. I looked on google maps and there are little places like subway that open at 7 am and she could eat breakfast in there and then come down and park at the Ocean Reef park at 730 or 8? Any other ideas that I am not thinking of that wouldnt require me trying to get my wife and daughter out of bed that early?

PhishingPhanatic
BLACK FIN TUNA

Re: getting to the surf at Ocean Reef park

Post by PhishingPhanatic »

Ocean Reef is open sunrise to sunset. You'll have no problem parking there early, lots of people go to fish and walk the beach at sunrise. I believe the lifeguards go on duty at 8, that is probably what they thought you were referring to. FYI, once the guards are on duty, you won't be able to fish in the guarded area.

http://www.pbcgov.com/parks/locations/o ... pBsppVIi00

I would go a little further north, up to Juno beach. You can access the beach 24 hours and there are no guarded sections. That would be my suggestion.

hugehail
Fisher

Post by hugehail »

Thanks for the suggestion. Yes I plan to scout the coast from Sebastian down to Broward county for Blues, Macs and Pomps as well as anything else that comes along. But those
are the fish that I target as well as Whiting but the Whiting dont get south of Juno very often. I fished the NC coast since the late 1970s as a child and I am just now drawn to FL waters.

PhishingPhanatic wrote:Ocean Reef is open sunrise to sunset. You'll have no problem parking there early, lots of people go to fish and walk the beach at sunrise. I believe the lifeguards go on duty at 8, that is probably what they thought you were referring to. FYI, once the guards are on duty, you won't be able to fish in the guarded area.

http://www.pbcgov.com/parks/locations/o ... pBsppVIi00

I would go a little further north, up to Juno beach. You can access the beach 24 hours and there are no guarded sections. That would be my suggestion.

kblue
SHARKER

Post by kblue »

hugehail wrote:I plan to scout the coast from Sebastian down to Broward county
Don't come to Broward country...

hugehail
Fisher

Post by hugehail »

Why is that?
kblue wrote:

kblue
SHARKER

Post by kblue »

hugehail wrote:Why is that?
kblue wrote:
surf fishing sucks here most time and right now worse than most time...
Sebastian is the place to fish...

RivaMunstaSteve
Fisher

Post by RivaMunstaSteve »

Hello hail. If you don't mind competition and fishing at later than daybreak, Blowing rocks north end has action all day. As far as consistency in that area - it has it for pomps and palms. Deep troughs. It's not a secret.

I don't fish for them but I've walked every beach from Miami to Stuart. BR has impressed me most with pomps.

boriqua187
Fisher

Post by boriqua187 »

picked up 4 keeper pomps in sebastian on saturday 1 18in, 1 16in, 2x13in (I had fleas but they were all caught on clam) also seen about half a dozen caught around me, I live down here in delray but the beach fishing is not that great down here due to the dredging and the killing of reefs from the sand, Ive caught a permit in boynton which there is a park called gulfstream park you can fish, caught about 5 jacks and a black tip yesterday sunset, but for the most part try sticking from juno to melbourne, the terrain is much better and alot less problems with getting beach access and lot better variety of fish from the beach (blackdrum, whiting, sheepshead), shoot me an email if you want to do some fishing boriqua1870@gmail.com

hugehail
Fisher

Post by hugehail »

So you cant fish there at daybreak?

RivaMunstaSteve wrote:Hello hail. If you don't mind competition and fishing at later than daybreak, Blowing rocks north end has action all day. As far as consistency in that area - it has it for pomps and palms. Deep troughs. It's not a secret.

I don't fish for them but I've walked every beach from Miami to Stuart. BR has impressed me most with pomps.

mike j
Weekend Warrior

Post by mike j »

I know this is a old post but I had to agree, that area north of singer island does seem very fishy. I fish the area north of MacArthur and its productive . I park in a little park at the beginning of Juno beach, walk to a public access area and walk south on the beach. This area of beach is secluded and has no fishing pressure.

Return to “Palm Beach and Martin Countys”