red tide in Palm beach county?

Boatless Fishing Reports for Palm Beach, Boca Raton, Boynton, Delray, Juno.
Martin County, Hobe Sound, Indian town, Port Mayaki
kblue
SHARKER

red tide in Palm beach county?

Post by kblue »

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/state/ ... 68045.html

Juno pier has been closed as of yesterday until further notice.

Breathing problems and eye irritation suffered by beachgoers on Saturday caused the closing of Jupiter beaches in Palm Beach County and, in Martin County, Hobe Sound Beach and Bathtub Beach. Martin County beaches reopened on Sunday. Broward and Miami-Dade beaches are not affected.

What's going on??? Things get worse and worse... Last year state emergency on Indian River area...

BoatlessFisherman
Fisherman - Owner - Administrator

Re: red tide in Palm beach county?

Post by BoatlessFisherman »

Welcome to the new Norm I think, I hope I am WRONG.

Lets see how the next 2 to 5 years go I believe it will get worse faster now.

Not sure if this is Man made or nature correcting something but it is something.

I have watched for 15 years the water temps get warmer at different times of the year and the coral bleaching has been more consistent starting 5 to 7 years ago each year has seen it 2 of those years were more serious. So water temps warm red tide thrives even on the east coast.

Some are going to say it is cyclical and I don't think so anymore, I did at one point.
I was at the beach 250 days a year for the last 15 years what I have seen.

Moon jelly fish migration have increased in amount of jelly fish and last longer these spineless creatures are directly affected by water temps just read up on the sea of japan.

Migration of certain fish changed either earlier or later depends on what species.

Bottom line is: I noticed alot more then those I mentioned, but I felt they were important to recognize.

On another area:
Its a bummer what we have done to our inland waters thats on us.
-Tommy A-

click, click, click, Fish ON - Over, Under, Over, Under Get out of my Way. Sound familiar.

krash
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by krash »

Man I hope people don't start dropping dead on the East Coast like on the West Coast.....
SW, Live to Fish, Have Tackle will travel ... >,)))~> ~~~~

fishnfool73
AMBASSADOR to the... BF FORUM

Post by fishnfool73 »

If it hits the Keys it will be devastating
Dreaming the dream that one day I can be as good as some of the boatless pros and catch some 12 inch mangrove snapper.

fish5aver
Fisher

Post by fish5aver »

This red tide probably wiped out a lot of the mullets that was heading down south.

gdm phil
SHARKER

Post by gdm phil »

Tons of dead fish floating in the inlet in palm beach. The odd thing is blue water is only about 3 miles out
Philthy sport fishing
Come get philthy!
561-542-2515
Affordable offshore trips fir the boat less fishermen

krash
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by krash »

According to the news its in Dade county now.............

Laz1287
Weekend Warrior

Post by Laz1287 »

I just saw pictures on the news this morning that showed the beaches in WPB full of dead mullet.

Looks like the migration was hit hard by the red tide.

This will likely impact fishing in SFL for years to come. :cry:

krash
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by krash »

Like the freeze of 2010.. the fish will recover quickly.

Hopefully it will dissipate soon. LAtest news form Palm Beach is they will re-open the beaches by tomorrow.... gotta be open for Columbus day weeknd.

clarence2society
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by clarence2society »

and it has arrived in both laudy and miami absolutely wonderful

gdm phil
SHARKER

Post by gdm phil »

I just got back from sailfish marina. It feels like cinnamon and siracha in my mouth. Coughing and stingy feeling in my throat. Not fun guya
Philthy sport fishing
Come get philthy!
561-542-2515
Affordable offshore trips fir the boat less fishermen

kblue
SHARKER

Post by kblue »

Whatever we are seeing now may be just a start for the worst to come... Don't go to beach when east wind blows no matter what they say...
It needs to hit the peak of the exponential growth cycle before it die down... There is absolutely nothing we human being can do...except for running away.

kblue
SHARKER

Post by kblue »

I spoke a guy who worked at beach side and he said red tide die down a lot better than last week...
this is good news for now

kblue
SHARKER

Post by kblue »

red tide in Sebastian Inlet...as of Oct 17.
sebastian Inlet Red tide.jpg
http://www.myfwc.com/redtidestatus?fbcl ... kYUXU9zQiQ
Red Tide Mid-Week Update for October 17, 2018
Current Conditions

Bloom concentrations of the Florida red tide organism, Karenia brevis, persist on Florida’s Southwest, Northwest, and East coasts. Patchiness was observed in each region. Additional details are provided below.

Over the past week in Southwest Florida, patchy concentrations of K. brevis were observed from Pinellas to Monroe counties. Relative to last week, cell concentrations were similar in most areas but increased in parts of Monroe County, and decreased in parts of Manatee County. Observations of >1,000,000 K. brevis cells per liter (“high” concentrations) occurred at one site each in Pinellas and Sarasota counties; medium concentrations of K. brevis also occurred only in these counties.

In Northwest Florida over the past week, K. brevis was observed in or offshore of Escambia, Santa Rosa, and Okaloosa Counties, with “medium” concentrations occurring in Okaloosa and Santa Rosa counties.

On the East Coast over the past week, observations of K. brevis spanned Brevard to Miami-Dade counties. “High” concentrations were observed at one site in Indian River County, and “medium” concentrations occurred in Indian River and Broward counties. Relative to last week, cell concentrations increased in Indian River County and decreased in parts of St. Lucie, Martin, Palm Beach, and Miami-Dade counties.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Palm Beach and Martin Countys”