Tourney Complaints, Bull Crap, trash talking

Info, Photos and leaderboard thread for 2007
sharkmn42
Old Salt

Post by sharkmn42 »

i guess they dont like you because of me there pete, going into this thing they showed a attutidude tordards me ....even got a pm from the" powers that be "that was saying i guess we have to be nice to you beacause you work for one of the sponcers..... i told my boss that yesterday......i took offence to that and still do, for some unkown reason there pete and you e-mailed those pics and countless sent pm's to them as well as i did ....we have 2 weeks of sharks that might still be under review for some unknow reason again. i personaly would like my points and see them up there on the board......but no there not?......my answer is simple there pete and you done a fine job for team oldskool, how manydays have you missed fishing this thing 4-5?.......we want what is ours witch is our points that were earned and fishing been tuff for us very tuff , but with the judges .....im not happy so ill finish this thing out and when it ends im leaving Boatless fourm and taking my pics with me, and will edit ever single post ive made with a smilley face left.... we have a new home to post our reoprts .....free of the politics, the politics took excitment and fun out of this this year for my team......want happen again to us pete ever again ( team oldskool) besides we pretty nice to every one we meet, i give them rods to fish with bait, advice and even invite them to tag a along to fish with us, and even befriended them this summer .....but a certian few on here doesnt like us, i about walked away from this thing from the first week when we lost a fish and we did lose a fish due to a rule change......we get no respect ill show no respect .....i call it as i see it, .....But i would like to see my teams fish givin there points ....it has been two weeks since we sent them in and countless pms and e-mails where there at ?....this is my last long winded post on here .....

nice fish everone!......mike
Is it better to be feared or respected or is it two much to ask for both......

Team rebel
KING MACKEREL

Post by Team rebel »

your not the only one who hasnt had fish posted yet mike they havent been able due the last week or so due to a technicality we got some in there too. its alright take it at stride and they will get them up.we dont dislike anyoen really..But we take offense when somebody is trashing the size of the fish we are catching when theres nobody else catching any fish right now at the time...like you mike we work VERY hard to catch our fish and it has been a HORRIBLE year so do not condone him say nice smallies? doesnt make and sense to us? no hard feelings if you were offended. we post pics..say nice fish and nothing more because we dont wantto get sucked into problems..only fish...powers will be said that tho? i find that very interesting. so everybody relax..go fishing and the points will be taken care of ASAP :D . Tight Lines
" Welcome to the Greatest Show on Surf"

http://WWW.TEAMREBELFISHING.COM

baitwetter
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by baitwetter »

Alright guys, including you Mike, If you sent the pics in, you will get the points. Sorry, dont know what you mean about "numerous PM's Mike, You sent me ONE PM on 8-6-07 to ask about entries and I responded to you that they would be up by the end of the week. I finally have a day off today and find your post. Unfortunately, I have been quite busy lately trying to work insane hours in the ER so that I can arrange some days near the end of the tourney to set up a great awards/BBQ get together. When I do finally get on here to update the pics and points, I have to sift through emails with no attachments, pic posts where theyre not supposed to be, multiple entries of the same sharks on different dates, and find all pics that are posted to the unofficial board that were never sent to the correct email address. I have tried to accomodate everyones little idiosyncrasies and think we have done well so far so as not to have to disqualify any sharks that arent sent properly. I am not the only one following the entries now as my partners are keeping track and helping me out so that we get the right points in the end.

I, nor any of my partners, favor any team in particular for any reason or "kiss up" to any specific angler or team so please drop that accusation. I dont know why you are accusing any of us of not liking your team mates. I dont even know them and only associate with YOU during the tourney. Sorry you have issues with me or any of the judges. A simple phone call to me would have fixed this problem for you. It saddens me that you feel like this all of a sudden. I believe that we have been fair to everyone and if anyone feels particularly bad that they feel they need to leave the forum so be it. Sorry to hear that. We'll miss you next year. Send a postcard.

We are in the process of learning from the mistakes of this, our first tourney together as a group, and will definately correct them soon. I believe that all those fishing this thing AND the great sponsors that have joined us deserve the best product we can provide and we will do that.

Good luck to you all and see you at the awards ceremony!!!!!
Last edited by baitwetter on Sun Aug 12, 2007 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sad to be sitting out this years Shorebound Shark Tourney due to work issues. Good luck to all that participate!!!

Blacktip Hunter
KING MACKEREL

Post by Blacktip Hunter »

Our team has zero points and hey if it stays that way, i really don't give a poop. But to be truly honest, I think this tournament should be more professional. You can't change a rule, then change it again, then change it back. This isn't some game that kids play. Second of all the points should be upadated daily, not weekly. This tournament could be huge! I was thinking next year we could have the state of Florida vs. the Texas guys, but its falling apart. Its not just the fishermen who want those points updated, but its all the viewers too.

I've been quiet now for a long time and kept my mouth shut about a lot of things, but seriously this tournament needs some fine tuning.

If the any one of the tournament directors needs help upadting points i would be gladly here to help for the next 3 days. I go back down to florida on the 15th and i wont look at a computer for 10 days.
"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." (Hebrews 11:1)

Visit us online: http://blacktiphfishing.org

baitwetter
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by baitwetter »

Just went through my PM's to you Mike. There was one message exchanged between us when you first started to work at Billy Bones where I congratulated you on your new Job with Bruce and jokingly said that "we now have to treat you like a sponsor". It was meant as a joke and at the time you thought that was funny. I have nothing but good things to say about Bruce and was glad he had you on board. I dont know if you took it that I was going to give you preferential treatment but you know I dont work that way. We have spoken several times since then regarding different topics and not once did you ever bring up that comment until now. You first raised your concern about the official board postings on 8/6 and told you that it would be fixed by the end of the week. You had no problem with that 4 days ago and now all of a sudden this reaction from you. As for Pete, I have had nothing but nice PM's and emails from him since the tourney started so I dont know why the sudden animosity towards me or any of the tourney boardmembers. You really need to chill out my man.
Sad to be sitting out this years Shorebound Shark Tourney due to work issues. Good luck to all that participate!!!

baitwetter
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by baitwetter »

Sorry you're disapointed BH. We only changed one rule on the size of the blacktips at the start of the tourney and gave sound scientific reasons why we were doing that. We did not "change it back again". Guess you missed it during your world travels. I dont quite understand you when you say the tourney is "falling apart". Running a two month long tournament on the internet with teams fishing around the entire state is not an easy task and "upadating" the leaderboard everyday is not practical when we have "real" jobs and "real" families. We have also spent "real" money from our own pockets to bring you this tournament and I thought everyone would be grateful for our efforts but I guess not. Thanks for the offer to help but no thanks. I think we can figure this out on our own. Good luck with the rest of the tourney BH. See you again in 10 days.

Blacktip Hunter
KING MACKEREL

baitwetter wrote:Sorry you're disapointed BH. We only changed one rule on the size of the blacktips at the start of the tourney and gave sound scientific reasons why we were doing that. We did not "change it back again". Guess you missed it during your world travels. I dont quite understand you when you say the tourney is "falling apart". Running a two month long tournament on the internet with teams fishing around the entire state is not an easy task and "upadating" the leaderboard everyday is not practical when we have "real" jobs and "real" families. We have also spent "real" money from our own pockets to bring you this tournament and I thought everyone would be grateful for our efforts but I guess not. Thanks for the offer to help but no thanks. I think we can figure this out on our own. Good luck with the rest of the tourney BH. See you again in 10 days.
Everybody should be happy. I've talked to mike and he's not and he produces some great catches.
"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." (Hebrews 11:1)

reelemin
KING MACKEREL

Post by reelemin »

im not really complaining i just wish every thing happened a little faster..i have fished ever day but 5 since this has started..may not have the out come that i wanted but you gotta try..i put my whole life on hold.. every thing is on hold for this tourny..so for some people who love fish this this tourny means alot!! and it just gets me fired up when i check the leader board and nothing has changed in the last week, and i still have fish that i sent in that are 2 weeks old already that havent been put up..i know your getting them cause you posted most of them.. maybe you just missed them or there was a computer problem..sorry if i started any problems i didnt mean to.. just want to know where every one stands so i know how much catching i have to do..i will send an email with them attached please look for them and please confirm for me that they were recived.. thanks for the help..this toury has caused some personal problems between me and people who dont agree with me fishing so much and it has affected my whole life in many ways..but i will continue to fish because i love to..and i hope to have a good out come from this tourny..

reelemin
KING MACKEREL

Post by reelemin »

hey rebal man i wasnt trashing your fish. so calm down boss..you did alot better then me in the last 2 weeks..i could have said something alot worse if i wanted to trash you..its just i dont think fish on the smaller size should be worth as much as the big ones.i just dont want to see some one to win this tourny with a lot of little fish when there a couple of teams out there catching some monsters..i just dont want my biggest fish to be a nurse..so for now im out looking for the monsters.see ya and good luck to every one..

baitwetter
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by baitwetter »

Pete:

The two "missing" entries you sent me were posted 4 days ago. Look on page 7 of the official thread. They are dated 7-29-07!

reelemin
KING MACKEREL

Post by reelemin »

sorry baitwetter i feel so stupid.. i cant belive i missed them..can you tell me if we got the points for them? thanks for clearing this up i hope to have some newwer catches for soon thanks..

baitwetter
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by baitwetter »

Ya man, if they are on the official, you have the points. Were going over the total tourney points tonight and will post to the leader board sometime tomorrow. Good luck and keep up the good work Pete.

reelemin
KING MACKEREL

Post by reelemin »

thanks alot!! sorry again... looking to be on top soon..

Team rebel
KING MACKEREL

Post by Team rebel »

reelemin wrote:hey rebal man i wasnt trashing your fish. so calm down boss..you did alot better then me in the last 2 weeks..i could have said something alot worse if i wanted to trash you..its just i dont think fish on the smaller size should be worth as much as the big ones.i just dont want to see some one to win this tourny with a lot of little fish when there a couple of teams out there catching some monsters..i just dont want my biggest fish to be a nurse..so for now im out looking for the monsters.see ya and good luck to every one..
thats low that you would even publically go out and say you can do worse...necessary no? unsportsmanlike? yes. our fish have all been of at least 5ft probaly 5 between 5-6 and all the rest over 6..no problems there... monsters being worth more..good bull pete i told you that but i also didnt keep sayin wheres the bigguns when you were gettin nothing but 4-5 ft tips and gummys..to my recolection NOBODY has and theres been MUCH smalelr fish than ours posted...WE travel to compete and you should be able to respect that..we cant go in our yard to catch fish unfortunately it has gone down hill for five years for us and we have wasted triple than what the tourny prizes are worth and putting in 40 hours a week ontop of FIFTY HOURS OF WORK OUTSIDE you yourself got a nice bull reelemin..and what else? one nice fish is what you are trying to hold above us knocking 7 fish in a 1/2 day with all the fish of decent stature. Thats not ok and we wil lfish to the end..The end is near and theres a storm on the horizon. If anyone else has a problem with the SIZE OF TEAM REBELS FISH PLEASE INFORM ME ASAP. THE WHOLE NATION WOULD LIKE TO KNOW. BECAUSE I KNOW EVERYBODY ELSE HAS BEEN BUSTING AZZ TOO AND HASNT CAUGHT THAT MANY FISH OF ANY SIZE. WE DONT DO THIS FOR PRIZES AT ALL WE DO THIS BECAUSE THIS IS WHAT WE DO AND A SPORT WE LOVE AND IF WE CANT CATCH BIG FISH IN OUR LOCALS FISHING 5 DAYS A WEEK AND WE GETTWO DAYS A WEEK TO FISH ABROAD ITS A LOT HARDER FOR US TO EVEN COMPETE. SLOW YEAR AND IM SORRY THAT THE FISH ARENT BY US FOR THOSE OF YOU CONCERNED YOU HAVE OUR APPOLOGY FOR NOT POSTING 35 300+ LB FISH INSTEAD OF 35 IN THE 100-175 RANGE . BUT I GUESS 16 SPINNERS DONT COUNT IN THAT CATAGOREY OF LARGE FISH SO OUR BAD. I WISH YOU LUCK IN THE REST OFTHE TOURNY AND GOOD LUCK OLDSKOOL

~Zach
~Luke
~Danny
Geoff
and the rest of the team rebel nation

Blacktip Hunter
KING MACKEREL

baitwetter and pier-afficionado, I do jack up here in canada, all i do is fish and im so bored with it. I've caught way too many fish up here in the last few weeks. I would be more than happy to help with anything, it would keep me busy. All people do up in my town is drugs and partying and im not into all that crap. I have the time to help. If you don't want me this year, then next year i will gladly help.

captbruce
Weekend Warrior

Post by captbruce »

Wow,

Since I was mentioned here I just wanted to chime in... I am the sponser Billy Bones Bait n Tackle in Port St Lucie , Fl. YES , I Do have Mike Sharkman 42 working for me ( let me finish at the end on Mike) . I just wanted to say I am enjoying the Tournament and have been since it began. I wanted to mention my personal intesest in this tournament. My son Tanner is now 9 Years Old and has cancer many of you know that. Last Year I was also a sponser and gave Gio ( Pier Affishando) some prizes and all of you were Kind enough to Help me and my family mainly my son Tanner . Gio and you all were kind enough to give me a check for Tanner the Florida Sportsman also did a fundraiser for my Family without this we may have lost everything .. Tanner is worth more than any house, Boat Bussiness or anything my entire exsistance is for my Children and my family . Yes :lol: I am a Captain and my Fishing is a bonus . I just wanted to say Thanks to all of you whom have been kind enough to Help us. We have over a Million $$$ in Hospital Bills most are pd some require the Tanner Fund but again all whom have helped THANKS MUCH !!
Now my Personal with Mike . Mike P came to me at Billy Bones looking for a Change in his job it was Time for him. Billy Bones and Snook Nook still work Hand in hand together to Help the Fishing customers and community :wink: . I had to install a DVR System in my store to get the few bad people whom steal . It turns out the one who was stealing was my Employee my main guy . Here I was in June with my son with Cancer in the Hospital with such a bad infection I did not know if :cry: Tanner was ever going to make it back home :cry: . This guy would shake my hand and say I will take care of everything would be Ok at my shop as I was at the Hospital Praying for my sons LIFE :cry: .
The Criminal Confessed and made some restitution now I have Mike there he is an amazing guy whom EVERYONE LIKES at the Shop he has Helped my family and my Bussiness he came in a time of need and I have never had to check back on my tapes with Mike there. :lol: It places me and my family at ease . I have watched mike offer reels to Team Killer Sharks and I met MadDawag and his girls threw Mike they were at my Shop and recieved some Billy Bones T Shirts. Mike is a Good Guy everyone gets upset at these times ..Comments Hurt :x !! I agree with the other teams misunderstangings and fustrations get complicated Words or things become twisted . It is alot of work to run a Tournament and everyone is doing a great Job and I am Rooting for all the teams . Everyone whom is fishing and doing a great Job ..Think of Life we are fortunate to be able to walk on the Beach and row out Baits and reel in Sharks Some :cry: :cry: are not so Lucky maybe FOREVER to never be able to walk like a normal person of have enogh strength to reel in a Shark. I also met Pete he was fishing on a T Dock with his wife and 6 month Old daughter he sure seems like a Good Guy and he and all of you have been Fishing hard the Team whom comes on top with the win is whom earned it . Be patient with the commitee they will get all the points up as soon as they can . In the end there will be one leader and many close up . I am very proud to sponser such a Tournament I have been Shark Fishing over 25 years and its things like this whom will help earn the respect the Sharks deserve !! :D Great Job Everyone Team :D , Tournament Commitee :wink: and everyone involved..

Best of Luck to you all , CapT Bruce

www.billybones.cc
Last edited by captbruce on Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

picua
Seasoned Fisher

Post by picua »

I pray that your son Tanner gets better Capt Bruce.

captbruce
Weekend Warrior

Post by captbruce »

Thanks alot Buddy :wink:

CapT Bruce

captbruce
Weekend Warrior

Post by captbruce »

Wow,

Thats Great :lol: Tanner is doing much better and he is done with Chemo for now. He is on a C Pap machine at nite to breath and is walking with a walker instead of his wheelchar all the time. So things are looking better he has a series of problems we have to deal with one at a time.. Thanks for asking we have to go Fishing ..

Tight Lines, CapT Bruce :wink:

www.billybones.cc

benjamin
Seasoned Fisher

Post by benjamin »

i met Tanner the other day for the first time. the nicest little kid ive ever met.... we've been praying for him and his speedy recovery, and i know he will get well soon........ 8)

i know i dont say too much about anything serious on here and alot of people think im a crazy idiot which i like, but listen up for a second......ok....
this tournament has been the 2nd or 3rd greatest thing that has ever happened to me. i found my niche. aside from God, it's the most important thing in my life right now. so to some of you guys.... i think you might be understating how hard we work at this as anglers (time, MONEY, the constant threat of serious injury) and how much this means to us. and to some of you anglers including myself...... i think we might not realize how difficult it is to run this kind of tourney. if we could walk in eachothers shoes for a day, im sure we could just relax a bit more. i dont even look at the leaderboard. i know how many sharks ive earned with blood sweat and tears. maybe not so much tears, but i know how many points we have..... anyways, this tourney could possibly be huge one day. i dont wanna see it "fall apart" because of misunderstandings. this thing means the world to me but at the end of the day, it is just a fishing tourney. (probably the most insane, most hardcore, badass tourney thats ever existed, but still a tourney) so it should be fun. like Capt. Bruce said, not everyone has the ability to do what we've been blessed to do so we have no reason to take any of it for granted. just listen to some "dont worry be happy". and relax.....

..........this thing's pretty cut and dry...... you have two months to get as much fishing done as you can and catch as many non-nurse-sharks over 5 feet as you can. who is willing to sacrifice the most and/or work the hardest for those points. If your team has been catching a consistently solid assortment of quality monster beasts(whoever you are) then you know what it took to pull those sharks in. you have my respect, whether you win this thing or not based on how the points are set up. its obvious, more points for bigger sharks should definatelly be considered, but this year we knew how the points would be awarded before we signed up. the guys running this tourney are doing swell. catch em up!!!

..............benjamin
land pirates crew.....hatin on googans since 1984...

captbruce
Weekend Warrior

Post by captbruce »

:D Nicely Said :lol:

As you know I am :wink: VERY PROUD :wink: to sponser you guys .The Land Pirates Crew !! :lol:

Tight Lines, CapT Bruce :lol:

www.billybones.cc

Team rebel
KING MACKEREL

Post by Team rebel »

hey guys dont worry..since everybody is so upset with us catching fish they believe arent adequate we will change our whole plan just for you guys next year :D dont worry we are on bigger fish right now..but you know what..they dont get ya any more points and why do that when we can throttle them decent sized ones? im glad to see everybody is upset we are abideing by the rules. And liek i said there are nofish in our waters so we have to travel far to find fish..but you know what for the price we pay to get o nthe bigger ones...its not even worth it. But my other teammates were very upset with everybody complainging about our fish and beating aroud nthe bush they went to get a couple just for you guys :D . Dont worry ..rule change or not next year will be a different ball game JUST so nobody challenegs the fish we bust are ass just as hard if not harder than naybody else to get..but i guess thats ok to say screw our ok sized fish but we dont trash anybodys 4ft black tips or lemons anywhere..we just say nice fish :D because we know how tought things are this year and i know everybody in this tourny works hard for what they get and its common decency, sportsmanship, and respect for one anothers fish no matter what problems you think you have with them.

Team Rebel out
~Zach
~Luke
~Danny
~Geoff

cudaman
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by cudaman »

The board is up to date till week 6 that ended on 8-11-07

Gus and Denny are working hard to ensure that the board is up to date, if you have any inquires please feel free to PM us or Email us about it.

We have received video footage from Team Rebel and team Boatlessfishing. At this time those points have not been awarded, so if you are close to these teams you will need to go out and get those numbers up. You had enough time to know what to do to get points in this tourney, so go out and do it.

We have not received videos from other teams. We are sorry but we cannot use video posted in any site. Remember these bonus points will count and can make you or break you. If you have video to turn in send it to: Shorebound Fishing Group, LLC P.O. BOX 835268 Miami, FL 33283-5268 or drop it at Anglins pier in C/O Tom Argue. At this time only those 2 addresses are available. All videos can be in the form of DVD, DVR, or VHS……The videos need to be post marked by August 24th. If you catch a shark after that date and need to turn in a video you must let us know ahead of time….We era getting too close to the end of the Tourney. If you have any questions please email us or PM us.

Thank you and good luck on these last weeks, the top four places are very close. We gave all sharkers from Florida a chance to be a part and many thought they couldn’t compete. I applaud all of you that had what it took to be a part of this tourney. At this time you are not only going for first place or out to get prizes, you are going for the title of FLORIDA STATE CHAOS SHOREBOUND SHARK TOURNEY CHAMPIONS and to show that you have what it takes to compete.

Thanks for your patience and good luck.

In another note:

Thank you Ben and those that were patient and did not assume anything wrong.

Team Rebel, there is no need to excuse yourself, all that got in this tourney knew what was needed to get points on the board. Change is hard to some, others adjust quickly.

And to some other comments: The big sharks do count, especially towards the big shark awards.

I have not received PM’s about complaints on points or missing sharks, only about the t-shirts.

The tourney t-shirts will be distributed at the awards ceremony…To be disclosed soon...

Also know that we have worked very hard from the beginning to bring you this tourney, we spent countless hours in meetings, the phone, talking about the rules, and the type of recognition we can offer you as an extreme angler. This is a professional tournament, it is state wide, and if you have been in other tourneys before you would know that in most tourneys all rules are always subject to change. This tourney was not an exception and we made you aware of it from the beginning. We did put our life at a stand still, even with our families. This tourney means a great deal to us and yes we are not making any money from it.
That loves to fish.

baitwetter
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by baitwetter »

Robert, we did get your contribution. Cudaman sent you two tickets for the raffle. Thank you.

Unfortunately we havent had the response to it that we hoped for as of yet but Im hoping the boatless community comes through in the end.

Once again, thanks for your support.

Return to “2007 SHOREBOUND SHARK TOURNEY”