Unofficial 2009 Shorebound Shark Tourney Pic Thread

Info, Photos and leaderboard thread for 2009
captbruce
Weekend Warrior

Re: Unofficial 2009 Shorebound Shark Tourney Pic Thread

Post by captbruce »

:shock: MAKO !! :shock:

How awesome would that be....You must be near some deep clean water ..Nice going :thumright: .Hope u guys get another chance at her :reeling:

Tight Lines, CapT Bruce

http://www.billybones.cc

Team Oldskool

picua
Seasoned Fisher

Post by picua »

bolo wrote:
rebel33i wrote:
Rijkaard wrote:
Why don't you guys do it from beaches like everyone else? :scratch:

- we don't have a kayak
:roll:[/quote]
Scott, you know we appreciated your kindness for letting us borrow your yak. But before anything we need practice operating it. The first and last time I was on a yak my fat ass almost sank it. About 200-250yds I pulled a stomach cramp. It was my abs being used for the very first time. I was drifting away while Luis and Herbert was laughing at me. :D[/quote]

LOL. That was funny. Um actually it was not. You should have seen Richard's face on the Kayak. It's all right though cause everyone has that same look with your Permit production. Dude you are tearing them up. Herbert told me " everytime Bolo goes to the Keys, there's one less Permit ". Nice going.

bolo
USER BANNED

Post by bolo »

captbruce wrote::shock: MAKO !! :shock:

How awesome would that be....You must be near some deep clean water ..Nice going :thumright: .Hope u guys get another chance at her :reeling:

Tight Lines, CapT Bruce

Team Oldskool
It was a big one. We estimate 24' with a 275hp Mercury OB. :P Hopefully next week we hook up to s Dusky.
The Judge asked the prostitute, "At what point did you realize you were raped?"
The prostitute replied (wiping away tears), "When the check bounced."

bolo
USER BANNED

Post by bolo »

Luis, I believe Herbert filmed me in pain on the yak. I end up dumping the yak and swimming back dragging the yak. At least I landed the first shark on the tourney, my first Blacktip.

picua
Seasoned Fisher

Post by picua »

You sure did man.
Were the Lobster traps already out of hand in the Keys this weekend?

WhoDey
KING MACKEREL

Post by WhoDey »

picua wrote: Were the Lobster traps already out of hand in the Keys this weekend?
The amount of traps was bad and getting worse every minute. The commercial boats were going under our lines all day planting traps all along the bridge. Without exaggeration I would say we had the same boats pass under us nearly 50 times.
Team Locked Drag
2009 Big Hammer Challenge Bridge champs
2009 ShoreBound Tourney Bridge & Pier champs
2008 ShoreBound Tourney Bridge & Pier champs

See us in action!

Team rebel
KING MACKEREL

Post by Team rebel »

Well before I start off, I would like to congradulate all the teams out there fishing and hope that everyone finishes strong here in the home stetch w/ some nice big fish!!!

But I personally was finally able to get out and do some fishing this weekend for the first time in a while! And after we stopped at Sonny's and ran into John Goodman we were on our way.

We then proceeded to start this trip off like we do every other trip....by driving hours on end until we find out where Zac and Josh from Oldskool are fishing so we can post up as close as possible to them and hope we can steal a few of thier fish! But this time was different, though we found thier truck, it seemed that they were trying to throw people like us off thier trail...so we thought it was a good time to observe the inner workings of these madmen from afar..to really understand how they do what they do.

AS SOON as we hid in the sea outs we saw a man that we neevr saw before bowed up on a lunker! who was this man? It took a few minutes but I was soon hip to the fact that it was indeed Zac Meyer in disguise as Handlebar Hal! he thought he fooled us! think again!

Soon after the denizen was beached and go figure! a rare glimpse of one of thier smaller fish. I was still intrigued so we kept observing on

After all that excitement had ceased we noticed Josh was down for the count w/ some cruthes, I used my 1000x zoom lense and got a close-up..it appears he is still fishing with a bite from a brown recluse spider in my professional analysis of the situation! hardcore he is! a tourists even said he saw him fight a lemon while sitting in the sand prior to our arrival! amazing!

A close-up of Zac's ear yeilded a similar situation, he is going to need to put some spackle on that thing to fix it!

Soon after when the heat was wearing on, we watched patiently to see thier next move, Zac was hungry and chopped up a bunch of bonito in what I thought was a chumming effort..BUT NO! HE WAS HUNGRY! ATE IT ALL LIKE A CAVEMAN!. we were sickened in the bushes by this borderline cannibalistic gesture, and became increasingly worried about our safety.

We stayed until dark as we watched Josh gimp up hill to the truck and as we were leaving we caught another glimpse of what makes these guys so hardcore, yes Josh even on cruthes w/ his foot infected by a brown recluse spider (or he may possibly be turning into a zombie fisherman, only time will tell) he drank a bottle of urine to further prove his manliness!

with this Chuck Norris esqe vulgar display of power wer promptly left in fear of being consumed like the bonito we watched earlier and now fear-ful of Josh drinking our blood and urine...I figured I would share the story of thier epic endeavor and share w/ the publuic what we learned watching these creatures from afar!
" Welcome to the Greatest Show on Surf"

http://WWW.TEAMREBELFISHING.COM

WhoDey
KING MACKEREL

Post by WhoDey »

You're a weird man Zach.
Team Locked Drag
2009 Big Hammer Challenge Bridge champs
2009 ShoreBound Tourney Bridge & Pier champs
2008 ShoreBound Tourney Bridge & Pier champs

See us in action!

bolo
USER BANNED

Post by bolo »

TEAM LOCKED DRAG,

#1 Bolo's BT
Busy fight the BT while the Team is being silly. :nilly:
#2 Bolo's BT
#3 Bolo's BT
#4 Bolo's Nurse Shark
Yes Rory, it is g@y to touch another man's rod. :D

#5 WhoDey's Nurse Shark
#6 WhoDey's Nurse Shark

Team Locked Drag

bolo
USER BANNED

Post by bolo »

picua wrote:Dude you are tearing them up. Herbert told me " everytime Bolo goes to the Keys, there's one less Permit ". Nice going.
I do not know what you are talking about. I have been catching Jacks for shark bait. :wink:

Team rebel
KING MACKEREL

Post by Team rebel »

hey bolo..do you have any other pics of that night time blacktip? im j/w it may just be the glare but it looks like it may be a dusky? rare catch if it is
" Welcome to the Greatest Show on Surf"

http://WWW.TEAMREBELFISHING.COM

bolo
USER BANNED

Post by bolo »

Team rebel wrote:hey bolo..do you have any other pics of that night time blacktip? im j/w it may just be the glare but it looks like it may be a dusky? rare catch if it is
That is the best pictures of the night shot. The point shot does not focus well from that high off the bridge.

Rip the Lips
Fisher

Post by Rip the Lips »

Guy and Lee tore it up!

Team Rip the Lips

picua
Seasoned Fisher

Post by picua »

Wow Rip the Lips you guys ran into a massive school of Sandbar Sharks. That is really cool. That is something you don't see everyday. Congrats!!!

Sean Paxton
Weekend Warrior

Post by Sean Paxton »

TIMEOUT DISCLOSURE: "IGNORE LAST POST. UNABLE TO DELETE IT. THIS ONE DOES NECESSARILY, ACCURATELY AND MORE FULLY REFLECT THE THOUGHTS AND OPINIONS OF ITS AUTHOR". The post will now be resumed without further commercial interruption. Thank you for tuning in ...

Zac & Josh aka Handlebar Hal & Spidey Man -
You're paying the price AND gettin' it done out there. Despite the necrotic wounds and exposure symptoms, it's a pleasure to see you putting the fun back in fishing. Take care of that foot, man. Had a good friend who got nailed by a black widow and it took him nearly 08 months to clear that flesh-eating, infectious bull$h%t out of his system. Keep on kicking that a$$ and stay safe. Team Rebel, thanks for the behind-the-scenes perspective.

Everyone else -
You're puttin' on a hell of a good show. Been some interesting captures, releases, recaptured tags and conspicuous species including the sizable sand tigers and hot weather sandbars. Stay in the race down the stretch.

stp
SeanPaxton.com
AdventureAndWildlife.com
LandBasedSharkFishing.com

captbruce
Weekend Warrior

Post by captbruce »

Its been a Good time for me .

I have had alot of fun and laughs and have watched sheer determination by the guys :thumleft: Thanks Zac , ( Rebel) for the laughs there its pretty funny. I am really glad to hear Josh is out of the Hospital I tied to call there today but he was released :thumright: I hope he has a speedy recovery.. We are running so close its amazing in the final tally ..Sometimes we have to step back and see whats is most important for me its my son Tanner here on the beach next to a baby spinner Shark I caught ..Him be able to be helped onto the beach and watch us Fish means it all to me ..Image Someone told him to do the Hand thing ? I just told em THUMBS UP DUDE !!! I wish everyone the best :cheers: I Thank GOD I am so lucky to have my son. I am looking foward to seeing and meeting many of you at the awards..I am looking foward to more fishing on the beach with some of my friends ..

Tight Lines, CapT Bruce :toast:

captbruce
Weekend Warrior

Post by captbruce »

Hi All,

Busy working at the moment but in the past you guys here have helped my family and my son Tanner and placed his name on some of you T Shirts too. I have no idea where the future will bring my business but I want to say Thanks and spoke to Tommy about some prizes . I want to donate not only a hand drawn one of a kind "Great White" and a photo frame and all that is signed by a local artist "Frank Verillo" :thumright: I also want to say That I am donating a Tica 30 Fishing Reel.. I have caught some nice sharks on my Tica 80 during the tournament. Here is the Tica single speed in a 30 size great for Sharks with its full lever drag n braid the retail is $339.99 Image here is another angle it come with a protective case too!!Image The prizes will be awarded by the commitee as they see fit .I also have some hooks and some other stuff so all is over $600.00 in value easy.. I also wanted to futher add as clear as I can say :dude: ZACK N JOSH :dude: are some of the hardest working... Most Die Hard Fisherman I :reeling: :reeling: have ever met and seen PERIOD !! No matter who wins I always wish the best of luck to everyone but HATS OFF :) to Josh and ZACK and thanks for catching Fish,Tagging Fish , Releasing Fish, being Concerned and respecting Sharks, Making Rigs,Spooling Reels, Getting out tyhe baits FISHING ,FISHING ,FISHING !! !I have done the best I can do to try to help !! !!!! THANKS :dude: And Again Thanks to all of you whom have though of my son Tanner over the years ..

Thanks n GodBless, CapT Bruce :toast:

TarponKing
Seasoned Fisher

Post by TarponKing »

Thanks bruce for the kind words....Zac and myself live to fish and its a passion we will always push ourselves in.

I guess im going to have to nominate myself for injury of shark tourney 09 award.....
doctors arent sure how the infection started ....could have been from a tiny cut i didnt even notice to something as simple as a chigger bite that went on the infectious side of things.....im just lucky it didnt go to the bone heh...

"warning graphic photos which may not be suitable for children/women"

before surgery
after

no secret item but the dates there heh
Biggest fish of 09'

fishnfool73
AMBASSADOR to the... BF FORUM

Post by fishnfool73 »

Looks like you were close to some serious problems if not death . I am shocked your team mates didn't swim you out for bait. :mrgreen: Best of luck to a speedy recovery.
Dreaming the dream that one day I can be as good as some of the boatless pros and catch some 12 inch mangrove snapper.

captbruce
Weekend Warrior

Post by captbruce »

Josh,

I am glad to hear you are home . I can"t imagine the pain you went threw.. You guys really worked hard at the Tourney. I had alot of fun and laughs with you guys too..I will be working all day today you can call me if you like I will try my best for you on the beach on Sunday that is when I can get out . If I can get a bait out .I also have some spinning reels being sent for you guys I have not yet recieved from Tica !!

Heal well buddy, CapT Bruce

www.billybones.cc

cudaman
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by cudaman »

DUDE I hope that foot gets better...You are all real hard core and I salute you all :salut:

Must say super unusual catch RIP THE LIPS on all those sand bars, all ten of them, WOW :shock:

Carolina's team (Team Islander) you all showed some great catches, and thanks for standing up, you guys have real great shark grounds up there

Black Bart, thanks for finding my 20 year old weeding ring, WOW :nilly: unbelievable how that BT slapped it out of my finger

Here is the info on the Awards ceremony and yes, kids, and non sharkers, will have some games and prizes too:

See ya all there :D

TarponKing
Seasoned Fisher

Post by TarponKing »

Il be looking forward to gimp my way to the awards hah... since ive been done fishing for the last 8 days i feel sick lol

Its great to see some other states getting into the sharking community.....team islander good to see some land based hardcore fishermen from another state and we'll be looking to see what you boys put on the beach in the future.....maybe mako's? or wait more sand tigers :mrgreen:

Respect all around for everyone fishing a 40 day biggame tourney...and offcourse the individuals who put in alot of thier effort for a tournement unlike no other.....Alot of fishermen dont understand the effort thats put into shark fishing from land, this tournement certainly allows us(and not just the sharkers who fish the tourney)stand out and show this sports true colors and how adventurous hunting sharks from land can be. fishing is all about having fun and sharking adds a kick to that fun which makes you push yourself to chase the big ones, which means pain, suffering,and exhaustion. :lol:

this pic is from early on in the tourney i cant remember the date exactly but it was an epic battle....a tiger...a BIG TIGER was cruising down the beach and had just popped up on us right where we were setup...we had two baits out and one on the beach....the fish was only 20ft fromthe sand so zac paddled out and dropped the bait right on her head and paddle in screaming saying "ITS A BIG FISH"....not second later it looks like a 1000lb marlin is crashing running from 20ft off the beach straight out making a 350yrd run under heavy drag...after an hour the fish made about 8-10 short-med range runs almost beaching itself at one point....she had the solid blue color of a very mature older tiger and the dorsal to the tail had a great distance in between.....as i was getting ready to turn the video camera on while holding on to marlo zac was heading to the fish with tailrope in hand and the tiger went to make another run and the hook pulled.... :( well thats fishing and we can honestly tell it was definitely a 13+ if not 14+ tiger very dissapointing fish to lose but it was well worth the expierence either way.

gotta respool somewhere

HAH dont sharkfish and drive

a few other cool shots to remember

1 rare specie of fishermen :D

storms abrewing

me fighting lemon with severe wound

smile
Biggest fish of 09'

bolo
USER BANNED

Post by bolo »

Team Locked Drag

Bolo - #1 BlackTip Shark

Bolo - #2 Lemon Shark

We are exhaust from the tourney and need a lot of rest. We are tapping out. :D I want to thank the people who help us through this shark tourney. Marcus @ Tamer Products - tamerproducts.net for the shark hooks and hardware. Jonathan and Frisky Mullet for suppling us for the bait. Last, thanks to our friends aka The Clique :wink: for your support. :thumright:

Thank you Tommy and Herbert for organizing this great tourney. Wish everyone luck. :salut:

maneater
Weekend Warrior

Post by maneater »

eventhough we did not enter the tourney i have been watching from the start and eventhough the fishing has been slow i was impressed with all of the "out of the usual" catches..alot of people do not get the full effect of what goes into fishing these tournaments..its not all fun and games depict all of the juiced up stories and funny pics..of course its everyones dream to sit on a beach soakin up rays all day and even better to get a bite or two. The REAL hardcore fishing comes from getting up at 6am, working a 8-10hr shift, leaving straight from work, driving sometimes 3hrs to drop a bait and hoping that you can get one good bite.and most of the time you do get a bite..from the million noseems.so you drench yourself in everything but gassoline to keep the biting to a minimum..only to make it home in time to get a couple hrs sleep to wake up and do it all over again. for 40days and nights non-stop..and sometimes you do get lucky and land that monster some only dream of getting ..and having the pics to prove it. So I tip my hat to those few and far in between HARDCORE fisherman..some dont always post long stories on the wind direction or temp but never the less they are right there on the beach in search of the one that got away.

BLACKBART:i dont need to tell you..you guys kick ass!! no excuses..you just get the job done!!! dink or not..haha i know 1st hand the dedication you guys put into these tourneys. i dont think that any other team could put more hrs on the beach (jobs willing) than you guys and hope to c u on the sand again real soon..it was a pleasure fishing..well mostly hanging out... with you guys the last couple weeks

CUDAMAN: nice to see you out on the beach and no doubt you are truly hardcore..i dont know how you do it, working all those hrs and then putting in all those hrs driving..now thats real dedication!!!

BOLO and team: still the best bridge fishers!!! :cheers: :cheers: send me some pics and ill hook ya up with your own video :thumright:

RIP THE LIPS: you guys caught some of the healthiest and nicest looking fish this year ..big props to you guys

TOMMY: once again you have in my opinon pulled off the biggest and best catch and release shark tournament of past present and im certain future! i hope to participate in some of the upcomming ones.
people are sooo much cooler online!!!

baitwetter
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by baitwetter »

Just wanted to chime in. Although I wasn't able to help out with the tourney this year, I have dropping in from time to time and have been impressed with the quality catches, photos and tournament organization. Too all teams, thank you for your participation and AMAZING catches.

Tommy and Herbert, what can I say? You guys are class acts and put on a great show. Congrats and thanks for everything you guys did to make this happen. I hope to be able to contribute again next year to help you guys make the 2010 Shorebound Shark Tourney an even bigger and world class tournament.

See you all at the awards ceremony!
Sad to be sitting out this years Shorebound Shark Tourney due to work issues. Good luck to all that participate!!!

budman
Seasoned Fisher

Post by budman »

Congrats to the winners. It's been a tough year up here on the north shore. Thanks to the Shorebound Group for another great tourney.
sponsored by: APAT Designer Services

TarponKing
Seasoned Fisher

Post by TarponKing »

We spent 24 hours a day fishing...sleeping by the rod with baits out and not sleeping at home but 10 nights the whole tourney....mainly under a 2 man team......physically and mentally alot of people could not stand the pressure of pushing thier body over those high standards, we lived where we hunted the sharks for 40 days and 40 nights, bugs or lightning-pain or exhaustion 24/7.

im sure in the future Land based shark fishing will be more recognized as the most adventurous hardcore style of fishing.
Biggest fish of 09'

bolo
USER BANNED

Post by bolo »

TarponKing wrote:We spent 24 hours a day fishing...
Must be nice to win the lotto. :D

maneater
Weekend Warrior

Post by maneater »

bolo wrote:
TarponKing wrote:We spent 24 hours a day fishing...
Must be nice to win the lotto. :D
:uplol: :uplol: :uplol:
with 40+hrs a week up on everyone else that has full time jobs i wouldve thought that you guys wouldve dominated a little more.. but i guess making all those signs and delivery services wouldve taken quite a bit of time as well..and as far as a 2man team. :nopity: :nopity: ..reelemin and i have been doing a 2man team for quite a while..well more of a one man team pete doing most the work..none the less im sure you worked hard for the fish you caught.. :thumbdown:
people are sooo much cooler online!!!

Return to “2009 SHOREBOUND SHARK TOURNEY”