After a long drive to Orlando's Disney Fort Wilderness and back I decided to stop by a spillway I saw along the road and rest a little. This spillway is a combination of a dam and a spillway the dam part on both end which keeps the water flowing all the time and the gates to the center. The mullet were there and were getting chased, big mullet big snook and small tarpons. There was a Tarpon and about 8 to ten snooks caught on the side opposite of mines and saw only 3 thrown back into the water. There were 3 then about 9 people fishing there. They were using stinky shiners that would die almost as soon as they hit the water, if those people were to use live mullet they would have gotten the big fish.
I just hapen to have a fishing rod and a few arties with me. I had a white jig, a yellow jig, a green and silver mirrolure, a white and red mirrowlure, and a blue and white xrap with red tail. I tried all of them and got a few hits on both jigs nothing major. Landed a jack on the green mirrolure and a small snook on the xrap. Here are some pics:
Bridge after spillway
Spillway gates
Spillway dam
Dude got a Tarpon
My tiny snook on xrap
That's all folks!