Jetty Park "Fishing Reports" 2013 to 2022

Boatless Fishing Reports for the three Countys including these areas Sebastian Inlet, Melbourne Beach, Indian Shores, Wabasso Beach, Fort Pierce, Port St lucie, .Daytona Beach, Daytona Beach Shores, New Smyrna Beach, Ormond Beach, Pierson, Ponce Inlet, Port Orange, South Daytona.
opiato
Old Salt

Re: Jetty Park "Fishing Reports" 2013-2014

Post by opiato »

jettypark28 wrote:I told the GF I was going to trade her in for the newer model LOL...and she also love to shoot and hunt..
:uplol: think thats all our thoughts. Cant wait to see what yall hook into this time. Sharks are thick on the beaches right now. I think i remember you sayin she wanted one of those next.

MHERRON2213
Fisher

Post by MHERRON2213 »

Hi all:

We are coming down again during the week after July 4th. Have not had a chance to read the backlog yet - How has the fishing been in the Park? We had really good luck last year. Never did hook up with any of you - that i know of - but met some really nice folks while setting around. Also been looking at some of the park areas around 520 - Does anyone ever fish those? If so - which ones?

opiato
Old Salt

Post by opiato »

Been hit or miss lately but theyre also dredging the channel so god only knows how the water will be when u come down. Just use any fresh or live bait with a fish finder rig. Mullet cut or live works real good during summer. Same deal withany of those areas off 520 or 528. Fyi they're upping admission to $15 but i think that starts after summer.

opiato
Old Salt

Post by opiato »

Im reporting while fishing... that should give you an idea of how slow it is :thumbdown: waters dirty. Theyre still dredging. A few mullet splashing here n there. Thats all for now.

yy007
Fisher

Post by yy007 »

the water was clean a couple of days ago. I caught quite a few snappers including one 14'.

anas473
Seasoned Fisher

Post by anas473 »

I have to say I love this jetty, probably even more than the keys. I don't come often, but when I do it does not disappoint. I feel bad for the less experienced because the jetty has a lot to offer for people who are acquainted with the boatless fishing style. I walked away with flounder, sheepshead, and a bonnethead. The sheepshead that were coming up were relatively large, something like 15-17 inches (pretty happy considering this was a first of the species for me). Everything was caught on shrimp. Also the night sky here is breath-taking, I will look forward to coming here again in the future. As for the native bait, I saw very small pods of finger mullet sparingly cruise back and forth on the beach side, I would recommend bringing bait with you if you plan on visiting. I fished the beach side from 3-7pm, however people were catching sheepshead on both sides, the flounder came off the beach in the little bay.

DragonFire
Weekend Warrior

Post by DragonFire »

Great Job!! I feel the same way about JP... Once you start fishing it enough you will learn what areas to fish depending on the tide/weather... I haven't been over there
in a long time due to getting sick and hurting myself :cry:... I fish that area for yrs and right now the bullreds/flounders/blues and even a lost cobia are swimming that inlet...
the flounders will be hugging the rocks the bigger ones tend to hang out closer to the end of the pier...sheepheads/snappers are always around..in fact if you go on the pier
above the water with a good pair of glasses you will be able to see the big ones feeding off the pilings... catching the bigger ones is another story they didn't get big by eating
anything thrown at them :wink: ..... if you want to tangle with a Bullred... any large live bait thrown out close to the channel might just get you a surprise...... I only like using
large jumbo shrimp when I can get them for the snooks.... the pinfish will eat up most of the shrimp thrown out there... that's why I tend to go to live bait fish...

You need to start taking along a small outfit to catch the baitfish (croakers/spots/pinfish/pigfish and a host of others) along the rocks and pilings....get the smallest hook you can
find and a small weight... cut up dead shrimp and in no time you should be able to catch something.....

We are planning on taking the trailer over in a few weeks and staying for the weekend out at the park (I'm feeling better).... I will keep you updated... oh and if you need any infor
just PM me.... I had a chitload of threads/reports on Jettypark... but when the site crash.. it lost everything I ever posted... heck everybody here knows me by "Jettypark".... but once
the site lost all my infor..... I rename myself LOL :batman:

anas473
Seasoned Fisher

Post by anas473 »

The fishing was great and the night sky was even better, I don't think I've ever seen a star-lit sky like that in South Florida before. Ill try for a bull red next time for sure, that would be a first for me. I always used to dream of catching a giant one as a kid. Do they catch muttons and yellowtails out of jetty park as well? It looks like it would be good territory for mutton snapper.

DragonFire
Weekend Warrior

Post by DragonFire »

The muttons are there but its rare if you do catch them... I have caught a handful of them over the yrs.... I never caught a yellowtail there... good luck

opiato
Old Salt

Post by opiato »

I tried goin last weekend. Conditions were perfect but it was too crowded to get a line in the water. Admissions up to $15 and theyre not offering annual passes to out of county residents anymore. So that was a disappointing waste of money. Think i might have to learn to love ponce inlet a lil more.

DragonFire
Weekend Warrior

Post by DragonFire »

Damn it!! I didn't even notice they have raise the admission prices or change the annual pass for Brevard residents only :mad: my pass
expired this pass Dec...heck $15 to get into the park!! it was $10.... well If I can't find somebody to get a annual pass for me... I'll be fishing Jettypark
only when I go camping now...... I been going since the 70s and for them to close it out to everybody else, except Brevard residents is BS..... I guess i'll be fishing
by the boat ramps/ and the inside of the port that still open to us... :mad: :mad: :mad: it also looks like they raised the camping rates... Oh well I can always try to
find 2 other person to go other with :mrgreen: .... were the heck is Fixed80 at... :wink:

SaltyDog
KING MACKEREL

Post by SaltyDog »

havent seen fixed post in months maybe he lost his name too and never made a new one or did and didnt tell us lol

fishboy
Old Salt

Post by fishboy »

opiato wrote:I tried goin last weekend. Conditions were perfect but it was too crowded to get a line in the water. Admissions up to $15 and theyre not offering annual passes to out of county residents anymore. So that was a disappointing waste of money. Think i might have to learn to love ponce inlet a lil more.
I know, it truly sucks that they raised the admission prices. The guy at the booth told me he thinks it's bs and told me to park at the boat ramp and walk in because then it will be free :roll: ... But if I get desperate I may just do it lol... I have till march to make the most of the park before my pass expires and before then I'm gonna try and hook up to one of those reds... Al, I've been getting are 3-4' sharks, rays and bluefish :/ but one of these days hopefully... Any way tight lines!

Return to “Brevard--Indian River--St Lucie Countys--Volusia”