Jetty Park "Fishing Reports" 2013 to 2022

Boatless Fishing Reports for the three Countys including these areas Sebastian Inlet, Melbourne Beach, Indian Shores, Wabasso Beach, Fort Pierce, Port St lucie, .Daytona Beach, Daytona Beach Shores, New Smyrna Beach, Ormond Beach, Pierson, Ponce Inlet, Port Orange, South Daytona.
BoatlessFisherman
Fisherman - Owner - Administrator

Jetty Park "Fishing Reports" 2013 to 2022

Post by BoatlessFisherman »

Thanks for the reports :toast:
-Tommy A-

click, click, click, Fish ON - Over, Under, Over, Under Get out of my Way. Sound familiar.

johnpond5
Fisher

Re: Jetty Park "Fishing Reports" 2013

Post by johnpond5 »

Ill be fishing there for the next 4 days for the first time. I will post daily reports when I get there.

opiato
Old Salt

Post by opiato »

johnpond5 wrote:Ill be fishing there for the next 4 days for the first time. I will post daily reports when I get there.
Some tips for ya....a couple hours before sunset through a couple hours after sunrise tends to be most productive times as well as a couple hours before and after high tide. But hey it is salt water so really anything at anytime is always possible. Use fresh or live bait. Good luck

johnpond5
Fisher

Post by johnpond5 »

Fished today for about 5 hours. I caught 2 blue runner, a pinfish, and really small snappers, and 1 small lemon? Shark. Fun times. Saw no blue fish or Spanish caught.

MHERRON2213
Fisher

Post by MHERRON2213 »

As far as Jetty - Where is the best places to fish - The Pier or are there spots to fish from the bank?

opiato
Old Salt

Post by opiato »

...four hours out and that's all i got to show for it. guess i cant complain though....its probably the best catch i had there all winter. hopefully we'll start seein more fish here soon as the weather warms up :bounce:

opiato
Old Salt

Post by opiato »

MHERRON2213 wrote:As far as Jetty - Where is the best places to fish - The Pier or are there spots to fish from the bank?
what are you targeting?

fixed80
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by fixed80 »

yeah, no need to complain its a fish after all. :happyfisherman:

fishboy
Old Salt

Post by fishboy »

Hitting the park up later today. I'll post how I do!

opiato
Old Salt

Post by opiato »

I got there bout 10 pm for the last of the incoming tide. Musta just missed ya, fishboy.

Anyway.....mullet mullet everywhere, but not a game fish in sight. I tried live and cut, but nothing. Got a keeper snapper on clams near the rocks. Didnt see anyone else catch anything. Dont know what was goin on on the pier though. It was too windy to be comfortable up there.

opiato
Old Salt

Post by opiato »

Finally had a night warm enough to actually go on the pier and it seems like life is slowly returning to the park. Fished sunset to midnight incoming tide. Waters clean n clear but no bait fish. Was throwing clams at the jetty trying for snapper/sheepshead, but ended up with a nice jack that will become shark bait for another day. Had no action after that til the tide started goin out when I hooked a butterfly ray and a family next to us hooked an even bigger one. Was gona keep mine n throw it on the grill, but my daughter thought he was too cute n started crying so back in the water he went :roll: also got 2 big stone crabs in our trap right before leavin. Woulda liked to try for more since they were caught back to back, but the lil girl was ready to go home

opiato
Old Salt

Post by opiato »

Yes cobia woulda been much better, but oh well. I was actually soaking a live pinfish when I hooked the ray. Same with the family next to me. hopefully will hook up with something better next time. Not sure how clean the water is after the storms today, but good luck whenever u do go

tears143
KING MACKEREL

Post by tears143 »

You are making me want to hit JP for my first keeper cobia LOL.

Too bad I am a thousand miles away from home.

fishboy
Old Salt

Post by fishboy »

Hit the port yesterday for a couple of hours. got skunked, but it was a really interesting day. I netted some really nice bait in the river and got a couple dozen shrimp and was freelining bait in the rocks for snapper. wasn't getting much, but i saw a school of mullet swimming 40 yards off the rocks so i grabbed a mullet from my bucket and chunked him out into the middle of the school and put the rod down to carry on playing with the snapper. then i heard my drag screaming on the other rod, so i jumped off the rocks back onto the boardwalk and grabbed my rod and tightened down on him. i thought this was a decent sized fish because it was pulling drag, but i was wrong. it was huge!!! it did not stop running. the fight began on the rocks 40 yards before the pier that is above the water, and the fish ran out about 70 yards into the inlet and began running to the right. i followed the fish because he was going to cut me off on the high pier so i ran up the ramp and kept on following the fish. i had like 10lb of drag on the fish and he was not slowing down. it ran and ran and i followed it until i reached the end of the pier and then i knew what was about to happen. the fish was smart and decided to run right around the tip of the rock jetty so 10 seconds later snap!!! this fish was unstoppable. He felt like a manatee on steroids. My guess is a Huge red, a big jack or cobia. I know he wasn't a shark because i had 12lb flouro leader so it would have been cut, and it wasn't a ray because i had already caught two of them and this was not fighting the same way. I also considered tarpon or snook, but i would have got some jumps out of it... Anyway, it was a huge fish and hopefully next time i can land it...

fishboy
Old Salt

Post by fishboy »

Fished the port again today, and the tide was HIGH at 3-4pm... Fishing was on fire out there and I caught 2 keeper flounder and missed a couple, and the guys next to me caught two nice ones too... Had a couple short snapper too, and this is one of the first times I have had to leave the park because of a lack of bait... Finished off 4 dozen+ shrimp, half a dozen mullet, and half a dozen white baits in 2 hours... I honestly didn't expect to catch anything and said we were just going for a drive, but the weather held up, and as we finished the bait it began to drizzle so we left! Lots of fun out there!

opiato
Old Salt

Post by opiato »

Nice! Bummer bout the big one tho but ull get him. He def took ya for a run. I tried toughin thru the rain late thurs night, but didn't catch anything but a cold! I did manage to net a buncha shrimp in the river too tho. Mullet too. So the baits there. Just gota have patience for the big fish to come along

opiato
Old Salt

Post by opiato »

jettypark28 wrote:
don't forget you fish ahead of a front
:thumleft:

Yeah. I knew it was a dumb idea but haven't got to go out in so long that I was goin thru withdrawals. Hopefully I can sneak off again sometime next wk. We'll see.

fixed80
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by fixed80 »

jettypark28 wrote:Make sure to write everything down>
Tide/bait/moon/weather/water/area/... try to think of everything you did on that
day... trust me you will start seeing a pattern :wink:
Most of us need to right chit down like a check list just so we know if we brought everything. :mrgreen: i know i need too!

fixed80
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by fixed80 »

:uplol: aw dam :sunny:

opiato
Old Salt

Post by opiato »

They started dredging this week :cry:

opiato
Old Salt

Post by opiato »

I was there monday. They were still pretty far out. Water wasn't too nasty yet. A lot of mullet still hangin around. I only caught a butterfly ray but u was also fishing the tail end of an outgoin tide which I know isn't idel but its still better than not fishing at all :D

opiato
Old Salt

Post by opiato »

Bad ass! I'm still workin on the snook there... but yeah I saw those cleaning tables too. They're nice n convenient but with no running water to go with em, I foresee things gettin nasty fast. How long does the whole dredging process usually go on for?

Return to “Brevard--Indian River--St Lucie Countys--Volusia”