Jetty Park "Fishing Reports" 2013 to 2022

Boatless Fishing Reports for the three Countys including these areas Sebastian Inlet, Melbourne Beach, Indian Shores, Wabasso Beach, Fort Pierce, Port St lucie, .Daytona Beach, Daytona Beach Shores, New Smyrna Beach, Ormond Beach, Pierson, Ponce Inlet, Port Orange, South Daytona.
fixed80
BLACK FIN TUNA

Re: Jetty Park "Fishing Reports" 2013

Post by fixed80 »

lol she can come down. i caught one last night at SI. to bad the f&ckin weed was so bad.

fishboy
Old Salt

Post by fishboy »

jettypark28 wrote:
Fishboy> Most of my bait spots are also fishing areas> but not what I like to target
so I leave them for another day... like bad weather at the cape...

for the big snapper> Next time try rigging up a "Live" whitebait and casting right
next to the pilings... and there's no telling what will hit it :wink: ...

I really wanted to do this, but all the baitfish were tiny, and slipping through my net, and I got some mullet, but I figured they would be too big... You think if I can see schools of little pogies, and I throw out some chum I can draw in some bigger ones that fit in my net? I might try it nest time, or I may just mod my net... Oh, BTW this Wednesday is the last day of exams before summer, so you can bet that I will be fishing Thursday! I will try and post a report afterwords...

fishboy
Old Salt

Post by fishboy »

jettypark28 wrote:there were 1000s of pogies out there... in fact there were so many that I was afraid to
cast the net on them..(I was on the bridge )... I don't use them for bait.. because I have
never had that much luck with them..... but that's just me :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I'm thinking about going out there this Friday afternoon and fish thru most of the
nite... but weather will be the biggest factor...

Hell now that I have a side kick... I might say hell with it and just go :lol: :lol:
Dude, what bridge were you on(if you do not mind sharing :mrgreen: )?? Where I was in the river they were all tiny! I love pogies for bait, because if you want to catch some redfish try this sometime... Cast net a couple of pogies and chunk up about 10 of them and chum the area. Make sure the water is somewhat deep with a little bit of current running. Wait a couple of minutes and chum up the area some more and then Cast out a chunked up piece yourself... I have been succesful with redfish on a couple of occasions doing this, but I do not know if it will work in the port, but I am going to find out. I am going to head out Thursday, so I will let you know how the water is before you make the trip up there Friday. Hopefully they end the dredging soon!

fishboy
Old Salt

Post by fishboy »

i did not head out Thursday because of TS Andrea, but i am going to be out there tomorrow from around 12 pm to an hour after sunset or so... hopefully it is good out there. anyone else heading out?

opiato
Old Salt

Post by opiato »

I miiiight be there too depending on how nasty the weather wants to get. Ill be there later tho. Around the times jp suggested.

tears143
KING MACKEREL

Post by tears143 »

fishboy wrote:i did not head out Thursday because of TS Andrea, but i am going to be out there tomorrow from around 12 pm to an hour after sunset or so... hopefully it is good out there. anyone else heading out?
The fish was jumping all over the places when TS Andrea hit at Sebastian as I was told LOL.

fishboy
Old Salt

Post by fishboy »

Okay, I didn't see your messages till I got back, but I did go. Fished from 1:30-5pm. Fishing was good, and I caught probably 30 mangrove snapper, with only 2 keepers... At around 6 a storm rolled in and then it started getting really windy, so I released my mullet and left... Did not see anyone else out there. Dredging is over I think, because I did not notice the dredging ships!! :cheers: Anyway, I am not sure if you guys went, but if you did go, how did you do? Water was clear in the port, and slightly muddy on the surf side... Lots of weeds on the beach near the jetty, but after about 50 yards away from the jetty it looked clear...

opiato
Old Salt

Post by opiato »

Sweet. Glad waters clearin up all ready. I ended up not goin. At about 4pm when I was bout to start packin a huge storm rolled through orlando. Checkd the weather reports n they said it was headin east. So just ordered pizza n rented a movie...and mixed some margaritas :drunk: but ill be out there sometime this week

fixed80
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by fixed80 »

jettypark28 wrote:I have three month to get her on something nice and at this rate
it isn't going to take long
or me too lol!!!!! big ray for sure. :thumleft:

opiato
Old Salt

Post by opiato »

Good report. Thanks. Glad to see your niece is enjoying herself. Definitely need some more women on the pier!

fishboy
Old Salt

Post by fishboy »

Thanks for the report! I think I might be out there tomorrow.

fishboy
Old Salt

Post by fishboy »

Last night the water was clear, and the bite was fast, but the mangrove snapper were all pretty small with a couple big ones mixed in. Took home 2 nice mangroves, and 1 nice sized flounder. After dark the bait was getting pretty active... I saw quite a few big mullet and lots of tiny baitfish... Weather was really nice the whole day yesterday.

fishboy
Old Salt

Post by fishboy »

Heading out tomorrow to cocoa, and might stop at the park. I will post a report later...

fishboy
Old Salt

Post by fishboy »

I did make it out to the pier, but by the time I got there it was already dark, so I did not see you. I just got back, and man there's a lot of mullet in the water!! The bait is thick out there, and the pods of pogies are on the beaches, getting demolished... I hooked up and landed a nurse shark and some smaller bonnetheads, but nothing edible... The fish are feeding heavily out there, because those mullet were going crazy... They are still dredging out there?? This has been going on for ever!! This weekend I am busy, so the next time I will be able to hit the water is next wenesday, but if anyone heads out there, lemme know how it goes!! Sorry I missed you jetty! Have any luck out there?

opiato
Old Salt

Post by opiato »

eatpop

fishboy
Old Salt

Post by fishboy »

Thanks for the report! On Thursday not you should have been there man! The mullet were getting demolished by predator fishi! I only managed to get a couple of hog leg mullet in my castnet, and I figured they would be too big to use, but I figured what the heck and I cut one up and threw it out there, and that is what I got the nurse shark on... Whatever was feeding on those bait schools would not touch an artificial lure, and would not have anything to do with a freelined shrimp... Was really cool watching them though! I thought the mullet run had started early this year haha... Hopefully the action improves as the summer progresses! Tight lines!

MHERRON2213
Fisher

Post by MHERRON2213 »

We are Cocoa Beach bound on Saturday

5 nights and counting down. We are going to be staying in the Cocoa Beach Area. Any suggestions will be highly appreciated.

Questions about Leaders based on discussions within the forum and from PMs:

Where can I buy circle hooks?
Going to be fishing in the surf as well as the Banana river - What size hooks?
Don’t have braided line - so need braided leader.
Where can I buy braided leader? I have 10 lb test line on my reels – Is 30 lb braided good enough?

We know about the Cocoa Beach Pier. Are there other piers?

Thanks
Mike

fishboy
Old Salt

Post by fishboy »

Circle hooks can be found at any of the local tackle stores, and at almost every Walmart. Also I am pretty sure the little tackle store at the jetty park itself might sell circle hooks... 2/0 is a good average size hook to use. Do NOT use braided leader... If you do not have braided line, that is fine. I do not have braided line on any of my combos... Use a clear mono, or a fluorocarbon leader... For a leader, anywhere from 20-40lb's is good. 20 will be easier to tie knots with, while 40lb will be stronger... I would go with 30... Cocoa beach pier, and jetty park are two piers I know of... Good luck! I will be out there tomorrow probably... Tight lines!

MHERRON2213
Fisher

Post by MHERRON2213 »

Thanks Fishboy. Our 2nd stop is always Walmart after we check into the condo.

3 Days and a wakeup.

Mike

fishboy
Old Salt

Post by fishboy »

Hit the park last night with a couple friends. Fished from 6:30pm to 1:30am... They were dredging right in front of us, so i didn't expect much, but the fishing was good. We used live baitfish, and the snapper were pretty active. In total we caught 11 mangrove snapper, and 8 of them were keepers. The wind picked up in the night from the south, but it was fine, because we were protected by the jetty... I think iM going to head back today's little bit later in the afternoon. It was really pleasant fishing on a weekday, because I
By midnight we were basically the only people on the whole pier... Good luck out there!

tears143
KING MACKEREL

Post by tears143 »

jettypark28 wrote:Thanks for the report!!! dredging again :shock: pretty soon its going to be so deep in there
that we will catching red snappers :lol: :lol:
Oh, can't wait until they have red snappers there! :-p

Can we add cobia, kingfish, grouper, and etc... to the mix? :-p

Return to “Brevard--Indian River--St Lucie Countys--Volusia”