Vero Beach Country Club: Spillway

Boatless Fishing Reports for the three Countys including these areas Sebastian Inlet, Melbourne Beach, Indian Shores, Wabasso Beach, Fort Pierce, Port St lucie, .Daytona Beach, Daytona Beach Shores, New Smyrna Beach, Ormond Beach, Pierson, Ponce Inlet, Port Orange, South Daytona.
vbskimn
Fisher

Post by vbskimn »

I dicided to give the spillway a try since from what ive seen anyways, the snook like to migrate toward the fresher water when it gets cold. I landed 3 small ones, 12", 20" and 22". i hooked much larger fish but he spit out the small lure i was using.... it wasnt near big enough to hook him properly. got a few 16" jack as well. I plan on going back soon and trying again with some different lures and maybe even some live bait, but its good to see the snook biting with season just opening up. But ill report back.

vbskimn
Fisher

Re: Vero Beach Country Club: Spillway

Post by vbskimn »

Well, decided to go out to the spillway tonight since we had some rain earlier, and it paid off! Landed a 39" snook! It was all i caight tonight. But still worth it >:)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Username28
KING MACKEREL

Post by Username28 »

Nice!
There is a fine line between Love & Hate.Hate is pushing them off a ledge. Loving them means you don't taunt them after you've pushed them off.

fishnfool73
AMBASSADOR to the... BF FORUM

Post by fishnfool73 »

Very nice. There are some huge snook there if you know how to fish for them.
Dreaming the dream that one day I can be as good as some of the boatless pros and catch some 12 inch mangrove snapper.

vbskimn
Fisher

Post by vbskimn »

Yeah they get real finicky when they hang out around fresh water.

nolesnum01
Fisher

Post by nolesnum01 »

is the spillway on private property. If not how do you find it ?

vbskimn
Fisher

Post by vbskimn »

Well, myself and a fiend were recently told by an officer of the law, that the spot we were fishing at was owned by the gold course across the canal. I still have a few other spots to fish it from. But if you can find a legal place to park you should be fine. all they seemed to be concerned with is people parking there.

Philsuncle
Fisher

Post by Philsuncle »

I live in the country club point area and can yell you it is not legal to park there or to fish there and is posted accordingly "no parking any time". Since its a private neighborhood there is no legal parking in the area. People who do fish there leave garbage, dump garbage in the canal and on the shore, leave piles of dead catfish after netting for bait, leave piles of old fishing line,and generally cause trouble. They also trespass on our private docks to cast for bait and are confrontational when asked to get off. For those who don't cause trouble the others have ruined it for you. The residents of Country Club Point will call the Sheriffs department and report illegal activity and parking whenever we see it, this includes reporting to FWC.

SaltyDog
KING MACKEREL

Post by SaltyDog »

Wow dude you spent your first post to tell us you call the fuzz on fisherman regardless if they are law abiding or not. Welcome to the forum im sure you will get on good here :toast: way to be part of shutting down another good shorebound spot :cheers:

Philsuncle
Fisher

Post by Philsuncle »

I registered and signed on only to reply to the topic after finding it on google.I can tell by your defensive response that my message has reached the right crowd. Dont blame me for defending my neighborhood. I am a fisherman and will not tolerate trespassers abusing our area.

PhishingPhanatic
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by PhishingPhanatic »

Can I take a guess, did you originally come to this area from the Northeast?

I'm going to volunteer to rent a big passenger van, and drop off a group of hungry migrant workers and their castnets, to spend an evening at your spillway.

Welcome to the forum! :toast:

PhishingPhanatic
BLACK FIN TUNA

I went ahead and drew a map for you guys with the closest place to park. The Harvest Food Outreach Center seems to be sympathetic to fishermen, just be courteous. Follow the canal easement (SFWMD owns the land, not the country club), and make sure to stay off the posted areas. Have fun guys!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

Philsuncle wrote:.I can tell by your defensive response that my message has reached the right crowd.
Welcome to the forum :toast: Mr. Philsuncle!

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

PhishingPhanatic wrote:Can I take a guess, did you originally come to this area from the Northeast?

Have some respect, Mr. PP. Mr. Philsuncle could be 59yrs old and could be your father! :scold:

Philsuncle
Fisher

Post by Philsuncle »

And can dole out a very nasty spanking.

Philsuncle
Fisher

Post by Philsuncle »

Been here since 1969. Drank at Marvin Gardens where I probly banged your Mom.

Philsuncle
Fisher

Post by Philsuncle »

PhishingPhanatic wrote:Can I take a guess, did you originally come to this area from the Northeast?

I'm going to volunteer to rent a big passenger van, and drop off a group of hungry migrant workers and their castnets, to spend an evening at your spillway.

Leave your family at home in your trailer park.

PhishingPhanatic
BLACK FIN TUNA

What exactly does a "country club" in Vero Beach constitute anyways? Do you make your wife put on her nice pair of Walmart leggings before you take her out on a hot date to the outlet mall and Olive Garden?

Philsuncle
Fisher

Post by Philsuncle »

PhishingPhanatic wrote:What exactly does a "country club" in Vero Beach constitute anyways? Do you make your wife put on her nice pair of Walmart leggings before you take her out on a hot date to the outlet mall and Olive Garden?
I don't know we are not part of the Country Club, that's just the name of the area, the Club is not part of our neighborhood. So even your attempt at an insult is ignorant. Whats odd is instead of acknowledging that fishermen coming to the spillway have been a problem, you attack me? You ask your friends to be respectful if they use the lot at Harvest, but defend what they are doing here? If the "fishermen" who came in here did not cause a problem, my neighbors and I would not mind your trespass here. I am impressed that you know how to use Google maps. I would have thought it out of your depth.
P.S. My wife stopped wearing leggings in the 70's though I'm sure they are all the rage in your trailer park. She almost always wears silk stockings with the seem up the back.

Philsuncle
Fisher

Post by Philsuncle »

Since you cant afford a boat, I bet you cant afford to rent a van. Anyways that's why magpul makes thirty round mags, right?

grouperking
Old Salt

Post by grouperking »

PhishingPhanatic wrote:What exactly does a "country club" in Vero Beach constitute anyways? Do you make your wife put on her nice pair of Walmart leggings before you take her out on a hot date to the outlet mall and Olive Garden?
$hit just got real :nilly: :nilly: :nilly: :nilly: :nilly:

Philsuncle
Fisher

Post by Philsuncle »

grouperking wrote:
$hit just got real :nilly: :nilly: :nilly: :nilly: :nilly:
Wow, another brain surgeon joins in!

Philsuncle
Fisher

Post by Philsuncle »

Its been fun jousting with all of you, but your not much of a challenge. So on a more serious note, It's very interesting that after pointing out the bad behavior of people coming into an area you "fishermen" seem to like, you seem to be defending what's most likely going to make it hard for you to fish here. If this was your neighborhood would you just let people come in and steel motors off boat lifts, wake people up in the middle of the night fighting, leaving piles of dirty diapers, old fishing line, torn nets, and much more? Last Sunday there where 6 trucks there and about ten people, This area is not set up as a park. How are we supposed to know who is good and who is bad? I know there are some who come to the spillway cause they need the food, so your flippant attitude only hurts them. By some other comments by the "saltydog" (so original) I assume that you all have been pushed out of other areas. Maybe you should work on your public image by helping address the bad actors instead of attacking the people they offend.

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

Mr. Philsuncle,

You brought up a thread that is 2 years old and giving exposure to an old thread on a situation that's occurring in your area right now.How do you think that is going to help your issues? You dont need to be a brain surgeon to figure that out.Great percentage of the members in here are the well abiding law citizen.

Many of those areas that you're having issues with were all being fish before any of the communities in that area were brought up or before you arrive . I don't condone anyone to fish on a dock or a backyard of someone's home and you have every right to defend that but if an area that could be fish without the need of parking a car, I do not have a problem with that person fishing.

There was a problem similar to that near Coconut Grove area. Citizens took it upon themselves to get a garbage can or two place it at that area which now the city comes down to collect, they're being proactive. If that area can be fish without parking your car maybe you guys should look at it a different way since beating that old horse hasn't done you guys anything but paranoid in calling the cops at everyone who might be out there fishing for the love of just fishing.

SaltyDog
KING MACKEREL

Post by SaltyDog »

Anyone that calls cops on kids for fishing is a deuche bag pure and simple either you are trolling or actually thought any of us here give a shlt who fishes in your back yard. Dont you have an HHA where you can share your im better then everyone else tude? You got a big mouth and not everyone is kids here in fact most arent so stfu.

lkatze2
Seasoned Fisher

Post by lkatze2 »

i am thinking it is time to have the next boatless picnic party there.

Kingofthesea
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Kingofthesea »

Philsuncle wrote:Wow, another brain surgeon joins in!
Although I hate to admit it there actually could be a god. Just when I was missing the fat Cuban this turd comes along. Life is good.

As the current elder statesman of our Forum I officially declare the game on. :auto:
Those old queen slave owners that wrote our Constitution 200 years ago were brilliant.

"Every four years Americans get the President they deserve".

gdm phil
SHARKER

Post by gdm phil »

sounds like daddy wasnt there
Philthy sport fishing
Come get philthy!
561-542-2515
Affordable offshore trips fir the boat less fishermen

Philsuncle
Fisher

Post by Philsuncle »

Rare wrote:Mr. Philsuncle,

You brought up a thread that is 2 years old and giving exposure to an old thread on a situation that's occurring in your area right now.How do you think that is going to help your issues? You dont need to be a brain surgeon to figure that out.Great percentage of the members in here are the well abiding law citizen.

Many of those areas that you're having issues with were all being fish before any of the communities in that area were brought up or before you arrive . I don't condone anyone to fish on a dock or a backyard of someone's home and you have every right to defend that but if an area that could be fish without the need of parking a car, I do not have a problem with that person fishing.

There was a problem similar to that near Coconut Grove area. Citizens took it upon themselves to get a garbage can or two place it at that area which now the city comes down to collect, they're being proactive. If that area can be fish without parking your car maybe you guys should look at it a different way since beating that old horse hasn't done you guys anything but paranoid in calling the cops at everyone who might be out there fishing for the love of just fishing.
Since yours seem to be the most reasonable response I will not waste my time responding to the others. I know most here are not kids and vaild threats are noted and I am prepared. This neighborhood is one of the oldest in Vero and was here before the county was putting inspection boats in near the spillway much less any HHA. We did try putting out garbage cans and all that happened was people just threw their trash on the ground. Lets recap for a moment. I did a search about fishing on the canals and its legality. Your blog came up cause someone asked if it was legal to fish at the spillway, I did not pay any attention as to it being an old post and it seems it made no difference as I got your attention. I registered so I could answer. I gave a truthful answer along with a history of the problems, simple. In response you people pile on and not once take responsibility of the problem. That's to bad, cause if I was meet with a more reasonable response together we might have been able to at least get the people on this blog to work with us. So now you imply that I've made it worst by pointing out that your trespassing and the implied threat that came with that. The Sheriff dept so far have been helpful and I had a productive meeting with them today. If the problem gets worse, they feel they will have to enforce more forcefully. So far they have just asked people to leave, but I assure you they can do much more. They respected my documentation (photo's) of our "visitors", and wanted to know who came more than once especially if the Deputies asked them to leave. Even if everyone who posts here is an angel, you guys don't see how many people are coming in here. Not everyone who parks there is fishing. Should I we tolerate drug dealing, or other crimes? How do we know who is here just to fish and never does anything wrong? i really don't have a problem if someone walks in and fish off the shore, but how do I separate them from the others. I fished the same spot many years ago, but people back then new the difference between right and wrong and they respected other peoples property. I can only say by the response here that you guys are your own worst enemy.

lkatze2
Seasoned Fisher

Post by lkatze2 »

phils uncle, it is obvious you are just a grouchy old man. Your little diatribe, just inflammed the situation. You need to take a chill pill, and just let it rest. But from what you sound like, I am sure you will want to get the last word.

Return to “Brevard--Indian River--St Lucie Countys--Volusia”