pompano bust on the treasure coast....

Boatless Fishing Reports for the three Countys including these areas Sebastian Inlet, Melbourne Beach, Indian Shores, Wabasso Beach, Fort Pierce, Port St lucie, .Daytona Beach, Daytona Beach Shores, New Smyrna Beach, Ormond Beach, Pierson, Ponce Inlet, Port Orange, South Daytona.
fishbait
Fisher

pompano bust on the treasure coast....

Post by fishbait »

Its not been a good year, and it looks like its about over for the pompano hunters here. A few here and there....Nothing like last year....Even the fish market guy I know hasn't been getting any from the commerical guys...Everybody has an opinion on why...The state biologists should be looking into this....The weird thing is we were catching a lot of shorts early in the year...It may be they didn't move this far south due to a mild winter in the Carolinas....I was ready for them this year, baits and gear...oh well, maybe next year...

fishnfool73
AMBASSADOR to the... BF FORUM

Re: pompano bust on the treasure coast....

Post by fishnfool73 »

The last few seasons have really been feast or famine with much more famine
Dreaming the dream that one day I can be as good as some of the boatless pros and catch some 12 inch mangrove snapper.

fishbait
Fisher

Post by fishbait »

Had a decent last year...This year was really bad.....People come down from the north just to fish for these guys...Its not been good....Well, we still have some whiting in the surf, better then nothing

Bi0tic
Seasoned Fisher

Post by Bi0tic »

My opinion is the water temps. Still 70s in the Carolinas http://www.wunderground.com/MAR/sem.html

As long as there is food, and not too much predation pressure, they have no reason to move.
I want to Believe

Username28
KING MACKEREL

Post by Username28 »

Bi0tic wrote:My opinion is the water temps. Still 70s in the Carolinas http://www.wunderground.com/MAR/sem.html

As long as there is food, and not too much predation pressure, they have no reason to move.
:stupid:
There is a fine line between Love & Hate.Hate is pushing them off a ledge. Loving them means you don't taunt them after you've pushed them off.

fishbait
Fisher

Post by fishbait »

thats what I think too, I don't think they were pushed south in the usual numbers we were use too....There has been some big catches on different beaches at different times this winter but it very spotty....I was wondering if anybody in the Carolinas has tried winter fishing for them, they may be there, if so, their missing out on some good fishing....

Return to “Brevard--Indian River--St Lucie Countys--Volusia”