Fort Pierce Inlet "Fishing Reports" 2015 to 2022

Boatless Fishing Reports for the three Countys including these areas Sebastian Inlet, Melbourne Beach, Indian Shores, Wabasso Beach, Fort Pierce, Port St lucie, .Daytona Beach, Daytona Beach Shores, New Smyrna Beach, Ormond Beach, Pierson, Ponce Inlet, Port Orange, South Daytona.
anas473
Seasoned Fisher

Fort Pierce Inlet "Fishing Reports" 2015 to 2022

Post by anas473 »

Is there a forum thread for this area? Anyways, as always I am impressed with the fishing quality of this landmark. On my end, I managed to catch sheepshead, flounder, a junkload of spot, and various other species. Some of the other jetty anglers caught those along with some jacks, many short mutton snappers, and a snook. The beach side received all the flounder catches and the sheepshead were caught all around the jetty rocks, with some along the beginning of the park by the river, then some all the way along the end of the outer jetty. all the fish were caught on live and cut shrimp applied to a jighead. I had three surf rods casted out as far as I could on the beach side with cut jack and whole shrimp, out for hours, but they never got touched.

HookinSnook
Old Salt

Re: Fort Pierce Inlet

Post by HookinSnook »

Thanks for the report Anas473 and keep them comin!
Frank

BoatlessFisherman
Fisherman - Owner - Administrator

Re: Fort Pierce Inlet "Fishing Reports" 2015

Post by BoatlessFisherman »

Anas you have one now--This one--- I have made it a sticky and changed title --OK go :reeling: :reeling: Thanks for the Reprts
-Tommy A-

click, click, click, Fish ON - Over, Under, Over, Under Get out of my Way. Sound familiar.

bob733
Fisher

Post by bob733 »

Thanks for making this a sticky.... as a Hutchinson Island fisherman, I always am wondering if the 18 drive north to the Ft. Pierce inlet would be worth it of not.
Bob

anas473
Seasoned Fisher

Post by anas473 »

Aww sweet! This gem of a place really does deserve recognition, I've hit this jetty over 7 times throughout the year so far and I have yet to go dry. I will look forward to coming back to fish and report this area in the future.

anas473
Seasoned Fisher

Post by anas473 »

Pretty slow day, which is a first for me, but a friendly local told me its been like this for two weeks now. I started at low tide and the water stayed a clear green for the rest of the day. Started in the morning at 730 and there was white bait swimming around. We started with live shrimp but the local sheepshead wanted nothing to do with it; which is a bit frustrating when you can see the larger ones just swimming within the feet of the jetty wall. Our first fish fish, and the only one I had seen thus far, was a larger fluke on a knocker rig with a spanish sardine, the circle hook got him perfectly; right in the gut. Some hours later I had a mutton take a live shrimp on a trollrite off bottom. Then, after 5 hours, I saw my surf rod start rocking and the second mutton came off chunked bait. Only other fish I saw caught was a blue runner on a fly and a second blue runner on shrimp.

anas473
Seasoned Fisher

Post by anas473 »

So do Fluke count for the 12in flounder regulation?

k5523915
Old Salt

Post by k5523915 »

just curious were the Muttons legal size or they were short??

baseball4life702
KING MACKEREL

Post by baseball4life702 »

anas473 wrote:So do Fluke count for the 12in flounder regulation?
Fluke in many ways is a flounder, but I don't believe us southerners refer to it as fluke. Even though they are basically the same
You probably caught a summer flounder which is common in FL and more common in your area.

kblue
SHARKER

Post by kblue »

baseball4life702 wrote:
anas473 wrote:So do Fluke count for the 12in flounder regulation?
Fluke in many ways is a flounder, but I don't believe us southerners refer to it as fluke. Even though they are basically the same
You probably caught a summer flounder which is common in FL and more common in your area.

Flounder and Fluke are never ending...flounder is more popular name. So like in S FL where I speculate only one type of flat fish (don't quote me on this), flounder is common name for that flat fish... but if you go to a place where there are more than one flat fish, then you have to call them differently, fluke and flounder or Halibut and flounder...lol

baseball4life702
KING MACKEREL

Post by baseball4life702 »

I hope you kept it if it was over 12... I have to say it is in the top 5 best tasting fish imo. If I could catch or gig them regularly I'd be in heaven.

anas473
Seasoned Fisher

Post by anas473 »

Sorry to disappoint you guys but there is a difference between the two. As far as I know fluke typically have a larger mouth and prefer waters slightly more warmer than the flounder. There is also a different dot pattern on the colored side. Either way the fluke that was caught was over 14in; larger than the diameter of the 13in bucket I was using.

fishnfool73
AMBASSADOR to the... BF FORUM

Post by fishnfool73 »

All fluke are flounder but not all flounder are fluke. Fluke tend to be what we call summer flounder. All eat good (tommy
Dreaming the dream that one day I can be as good as some of the boatless pros and catch some 12 inch mangrove snapper.

shos260288
KING MACKEREL

Post by shos260288 »

An easy way to tell the difference is Flounder have teeth that are hard to see, where as Fluke have teeth that are easily seen. Fluke also get much bigger than Flounder.
Fish Crazy

anas473
Seasoned Fisher

Post by anas473 »

Finger mullets were at the jetty yesterday morning, but not in big pods, just in small groups. A few Larger ones were there as well but they were very few and far between. Compared to the last time I was at the jetty, the pilchards there that day were much bigger. I managed to land a few jacks, spanish mackerel, catfish and a nurse shark. Water was pretty murky, between green and blue with low visibility. I heard earlier in the morning close to sunrise an older lady landed a snook and while I was there I saw another person catch several spanish mackerels.

BoatlessFisherman

Spanish Mackerel Bite was good this morning at sun up, small jacks and Pichard, a few mullet and glass minnows in the south pockets, Some mullet along the inside of the south jetty.
-Tommy A-

click, click, click, Fish ON - Over, Under, Over, Under Get out of my Way. Sound familiar.

HJared
KING MACKEREL

Post by HJared »

Thanks for the reports

anas473
Seasoned Fisher

Post by anas473 »

26.5 Inch mutton caught by yours truly. Along with a bull red, a junk load of sand perch, jacks, and mackerels. Mullet were there of all sizes, and the fishing was good for most of high tide this morning.

BoatlessFisherman

anas473 wrote:26.5 Inch mutton caught by yours truly. Along with a bull red, a junk load of sand perch, jacks, and mackerels. Mullet were there of all sizes, and the fishing was good for most of high tide this morning.
Nice work Anas :toast: :toast:

Are you following this thread Anas
http://www.boatlessfishing.com/forum/vi ... &start=240
-Tommy A-

bob733
Fisher

Post by bob733 »

Anas473... when were you at the inlet. I was there around 9am and it was nada reports from several guys walking off. Only sweltering heat and no-see-ems were there. So, I turned around and went back to my car.

anas473
Seasoned Fisher

Post by anas473 »

7-2pm

anas473
Seasoned Fisher

Post by anas473 »

There was a mess of no-see-ums though, I'm still scratching my legs.

anas473
Seasoned Fisher

Post by anas473 »

Muttons, flounder, bluefish, and a nurse shark last tuesday morning. The day started out slow but got progressively better toward the end.

anas473
Seasoned Fisher

Post by anas473 »

Really rough seas at the jetty yesterday, the wind was just as strong as well. The bait was still there; I was able to net mullet along the beach and some really big threadfins along the wall. Catch of the day was monster spanish mackerels, mostly on lures and a few on free lined baits. Other catches included a rather large pompano, a 20in snook, and a few other species all on live shrimp.

anas473
Seasoned Fisher

Post by anas473 »

Rough seas again last Sunday afternoon, the water was crashing most of the southern ledge of the jetty. The fish didn't mind however, the winter bite seems to be going well. I must have gone through at least 5 mutton snappers, all on shrimp and all short. Also caught on shrimp were sheepshead, a giant whiting, spots, and flounder. I also saw a nice black drum at the filleting station on my way out as well.

kblue
SHARKER

Post by kblue »

Did you see any ribbon caught?

anas473
Seasoned Fisher

Post by anas473 »

No ribbonfish.

HJared
KING MACKEREL