Daytona NewSmyrna Area Backcountry Mosquito Lagoon

Boatless Fishing Reports for the three Countys including these areas Sebastian Inlet, Melbourne Beach, Indian Shores, Wabasso Beach, Fort Pierce, Port St lucie, .Daytona Beach, Daytona Beach Shores, New Smyrna Beach, Ormond Beach, Pierson, Ponce Inlet, Port Orange, South Daytona.
CaptMichaelSavedow
Seasoned Fisher

Daytona NewSmyrna Area Backcountry Mosquito Lagoon

Post by CaptMichaelSavedow »

Water is clearing and temperatures dropping with winter getting closer here in East Central Florida on the Indian River and Mosquito Lagoon. The last few weeks has been fun fishing both in the backcountry for a variety of species and on the flats hunting Redfish and Seatrout, water is still high but slowly coming down as no rain has fallen for a month and cold fronts starting to come through with north and west winds which will continue to drop water water levels. Backcountry fish have been liking the clear water in the Intracoastal Waterway area with all the different fish eating shrimp, mullet, and soft plastic artificials, Seatrout, Redfish, Snook, Mangrove Snapper, Jack Crevalle, Ladyfish and more different species have come aboard my boat. Paul from Michigan came along on a fun mixed bag backcountry trip catching all the different fish along the way with son Danny catching the big fish of the trip a fine Snook………………….

First time client Carl here on vacation from Pennsylvannia did a solo backcountry trip last week having a great time, the tone was set with the first fish of the morning being the biggest, a jumbo 45” Redfish which ate a live ladyfish bait and gave an epic battle on light tackle……………….

Young Gene fishing the backwaters with me caught all the usual variety fish topped by a great Snook which had to have a live shrimp………………

Bobbi and Newt from South Carolina came on their annual fall multi day charter trips with me again this year, lots of fun each day, a couple backcountry trips catching Trout, Snapper, Jacks, Reds, etc. Also a trip out to the flats catching a few Redfish, Newt loves to throw artificial lures, catching Reds on soft plastics is always fun………………

Being the off season for charters this time of year even I got a chance to get out and scout and fish on Mosquito Lagoon, throwing soft plastics, jerk baits on the flats, on jig heads on the drop offs, Seatrout were pretty cooperative………………..

Along with a few Redfish in shallow water…………….

2015 GulfShore 20’ by Young Boats

CALL OR TEXT ME ANYTIME 386-689-3781
See my website http://EdgewaterRiverGuide.com

MOSQUITO LAGOON FLATS FISHING AND INDIAN RIVER
BACKCOUNTRY MIXED BAG SALTWATER FISHING TRIPS
CHILDREN ALWAYS WELCOME – FAIR PRICES
Near Daytona Beach, New Smyrna Beach, and Orlando, East Central Florida
Capt. Michael Savedow
Edgewater River Guide, Inc. Since 2003
386-689-3781
http://EdgewaterRiverGuide.com

Return to “Brevard--Indian River--St Lucie Countys--Volusia”