Dec 2020 Daytona New Smyrna Beach Mosquito Lagoon

Boatless Fishing Reports for the three Countys including these areas Sebastian Inlet, Melbourne Beach, Indian Shores, Wabasso Beach, Fort Pierce, Port St lucie, .Daytona Beach, Daytona Beach Shores, New Smyrna Beach, Ormond Beach, Pierson, Ponce Inlet, Port Orange, South Daytona.
CaptMichaelSavedow
Seasoned Fisher

Dec 2020 Daytona New Smyrna Beach Mosquito Lagoon

Post by CaptMichaelSavedow »

Winter has set in with the first cold snap of the season in East Central Florida, frost on my yard is a sure sign, water temperatures reaching down into the 50’s begins the true winter pattern. Fish be come less scattered and more concentrated, some in the deeper holes and channels, some on the flats when the sun shines and warms the shallow water. Searching skinny water for Redfish and Seatrout is a winter favorite here at Mosquito Lagoon, the holes, sloughs and channels can hold Black drum, Sheepshead, Whiting, and more. If it doesn’t get too cold, the Snook will continue to feed also on drop offs and close to structure in the back country. Clearer water means lighter stealthy rigs to hide it from the target fish. A few days ago Jeff from Kentucky out with me on a nice size Black Drum caught off the bottom of a deep cold water hole …………….

We can at any time catch surprise fish in the back waters, at times can be Sharks, uncommon species of Snapper, we’ve even caught a few Bonefish on my boat in the last few years, one surprise species that we’ve caught quite a few of now days are Permit, normally a tropical species now being caught here and there up here closer to north Florida, here I’m modeling one caught recently by a client …………..

Black Drum are one of the regular catches of good quality fish here in the back country, any where in size from baby 1 lb. fish up to at 10 lbs on occasion, here Beau from Osteen Florida with a fun one …………

Long time regular client Bonnie from Iowa always seem to catch a photo fish or 2 on their annual trip, a fun fighting size Jack Crevalle in this pic ………….

Cheryl from Wisconsin with another good Black Drum, always a good battle on the light tackle I use for back waters trips …………..

Fun Friendly Light Tackle Fishing Adventures
Closest Saltwater Fishing to Orlando at New Smyrna Beach
Calm Water Indian River Backcountry
CHILDREN ALWAYS WELCOME – FAIR PRICES

CALL OR TEXT ME ANYTIME 386-689-3781
https://EdgewaterRiverGuide.com/orlando-fishing-guide

Capt. Michael Savedow
Edgewater River Guide, Inc. Since 2003
386-689-3781
https://EdgewaterRiverGuide.com/orlando-fishing-guide

Return to “Brevard--Indian River--St Lucie Countys--Volusia”