Page 1 of 1

Sebastian Inlet

Posted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:39 am
by cadsnooker
The fish are in the river and in the inlet.
I caught (4) 17" sea trout in the back of the south side inlet on the grass flats. There were a couple of people catching pompano in the river on boats, but I saw no on catching them from land.
On the south side catwalk, I caught a (4 lb) flounder and four (13") flounder.
Also, caught a lot of sheapshead (2-5 lbs) and jack (2-5 lbs). I saw a lot of (2-3 lb) flounder being caught. One guy around 75 years old caught a (8lb) sheapshead and there were a lot of other people catching big sheapshead.
At night I saw a man in his late 60's on an electric moblie chair(skooter for old people) catch a (28") fat snook. It was the only legal snook I saw caught on the south side from Thursday to Saturday. The shrimp are moving through the inlet at night. I netted over (50) and saw a lot of them that were over six inches. The blue fish were in the inlet by the 100's and there were a lot of big red fish.
The beach was holding some whiting, but only a few.
Had a great time and brought back some food. I have a digital camera and can not post the pictures. Maybe my dpi's are set too high??????
I caught all the fish on the shrimp I caught at night with my cast net and light.