HSK 10-2016

Please share your reports from other Country's, we love to see what other lands have to offer and the adventure of how you hunt your fish.
Marcelk
Seasoned Fisher

HSK 10-2016

Post by Marcelk »

As the opportunity was raised for a last trout trip before the season closed on the 20th. this month
I decided to grab the chance for a last session in the mountains.
The last visit to the HSK area was enjoyable and with fall in full swing I thought it most convenient to
visit the place for the fourth time with one my fishing buddies.

Alas the rains still had not materialized and now it was the fourth month in a row with no meaningful precipitation = low and clear water.
The weather forecast … I guess it is universal … only good for a few days.
The promised golden October with warm temperatures was a complete miss and so we ended up
with fog and low temperatures.

Fishing was not always easy especially if you had to share the water with inconsiderate anglers
whom enter the water just in front of you sending the fish scattering in all directions.
A-holes where unfortunately an universal occurrence also.

But enough whining, despite the challenges it all panned out pretty well and as this was the fourth visit I knew
that the dry fly and longer casts where the tool to get to the fish.
Insect wise the caddis where the ticket and I was glad that I finally hooked some of the big grayling
that where so lethargic during my previous visits to the same water.

I guess this was the last trout trip but the grayling season is open all year so not sure if I might
get up there again.
If the weather is not extremely cold I might be tempted J

Return to “Other Countrys”