Germany, Dec. 11th. 2016

Please share your reports from other Country's, we love to see what other lands have to offer and the adventure of how you hunt your fish.
Marcelk
Seasoned Fisher

Germany, Dec. 11th. 2016

Post by Marcelk »

The year is almost over and it is time for the annual fishing season send-off.
Today I visited the gathering of the local flyfisherman at the other side of the border in
what they call the Christmas casting sessions.
The casting thing was off course just the excuse for the gathering but at least some guys
actually tossed a fly at the lake in the woods.
The food and drink as usual a ok and it was nice chatting to the guys and making plans
for next season.

I was with the last people at the lake cleaning up but still had the urge to cast a fly in
the river. It had rained hefty the previous day but as I crossed the stream I saw it was
fishable.
The water was rising and quite murky with lots of debris floating by but I spotted a
carp and what I believe was a trout in the water.
The current was a tad too strong for the light nymphing but in the end I caught a few
small fish which was fine for me, mission accomplished.

It got dark pretty quickly but I did stop at the local watermill to see how work on the fish
ladder progressed, not that fast as it was supposedly ready this year.
I heard the company that got the contract had no expirience with building these
structures ... I always wonder why they did not get the experts for the job ... must be
a money thing :-)

Temperatures are supposed to drop in the coming weeks but I might get some perch
or pike before the year has ended.

Return to “Other Countrys”