Need a Bridge recomendation, Summerland/Big Pine Key area.

Help on different Boatless Fishing locations.
Flag Tails
Fisher

Need a Bridge recomendation, Summerland/Big Pine Key area.

Post by Flag Tails »

I am new to this forum so I thank everyone ahead of time.

I am taking a group of Boy Scouts to Camp Sawyer on Big Pine Key on Memorial day weekend. I need some advise since I am not familiar with the area.

What are some good bridges down there? Also, I've heard much about cannel 2 and 5. Does anyone know the milemarker numbers?

Is there any spot that I can catch some fresh bait? I am taking the Scouts on The Marathon Lady for one night of fishing and I would want to take some fresh bait (Pilchards/Herring???).

Any help would really be appreciated.

Juan

bolo
USER BANNED

Re: Need a Bridge recomendation, Summerland/Big Pine Key area.

Post by bolo »

Channel 2 and 5 is north of Big Pine. There are some bridges closer to you at Big Pine. You have Seven Mile bridge and few smaller ones after it. All produces fish and with summer around the corner it is best to fish early morning and late afternoon. Pilchards can be caught at night with a lantern. Box of chum will have draw in other baitfish like Ballyhoo and pinfish. Threadfins will show up also and these bait are easy to catch with less mess. #4 green sabiki. For the kids I recommend just buying some shrimps and silversides. It will keep them busy. Kids have a short attention span and don't like waiting for the big fish to bite.
The Judge asked the prostitute, "At what point did you realize you were raped?"
The prostitute replied (wiping away tears), "When the check bounced."

Return to “Fishing Location Help”