Keys bridges

Help on different Boatless Fishing locations.
jbuck501
Old Salt

Keys bridges

Post by jbuck501 »

Since moving here we have only fished Dania Pier. I'm considering going down to the keys this Saturday. A few questions:
How high off the water are the bridges?
How do you identify where you are at? Are the bridges named?
Do they have pull outs along the bridge where you park? Can you fish where you park your car?
Since we do not have any bait, I assume we should be able to get some bait there. Or should I buy bait here? Are the bait shops along the highway or off the beaten path and hard to find?
Mainly want to catch snappers but open to whatever bites. Thank you

bolo
USER BANNED

Re: Keys bridges

Post by bolo »

jbuck501 wrote:Since moving here we have only fished Dania Pier. I'm considering going down to the keys this Saturday. A few questions:
How high off the water are the bridges?
How do you identify where you are at? Are the bridges named?
Do they have pull outs along the bridge where you park? Can you fish where you park your car?
Since we do not have any bait, I assume we should be able to get some bait there. Or should I buy bait here? Are the bait shops along the highway or off the beaten path and hard to find?
Mainly want to catch snappers but open to whatever bites. Thank you
Depending on the bridge you fish from it can be 10ft to 30ft.
Yes, the bridges are named.
The bigger bridge will have parking lot to park. Others are side of the road.
You can catch your bait before heading to the Keys at Dania Pier. You can also buy bait at Pirate Cove, Jack's Bait and Tackle, YellowBait House, and Worldwide Sportsman aka Bass Pro. You can catch your own bait. Bring #3 or #4 sabiki in green with no glow beads. Buy a block of chum and box of squid. Most bait you do not need to tip your sabiki with squid but others you need to.
Muttons and Grovers are plentiful. However, catching a big keeper size requires patiences. Put your time in and you will be rewarded.
The Judge asked the prostitute, "At what point did you realize you were raped?"
The prostitute replied (wiping away tears), "When the check bounced."

Return to “Fishing Location Help”