Ormond Beach fishing info?

Help on different Boatless Fishing locations.
NCFishfinder

Ormond Beach fishing info?

Post by NCFishfinder »

In case board contributors don't always look at the "Let me introduce myself" section, I'm repeating my request here.

I have a bro-in-law from the Buffalo, NY area who's a saltwater rookie. He'll be staying at Ormond Beach for the month of February, coming there by way of my NC house, and I'm looking for some info to help him get started with fishing at Ormond. I want to get some rods, reels, and tackle into his hands that will work under Ormond conditions, and also give him a heads-up as to where to go, what to look for, who to talk to (?), etc. I'm also a bit selfish about this, since I'll be visiting him for a few days while he's there, and I'd like to fish also.

Any help out there would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Bilgee

counting-empties
Fisher

Re: Ormond Beach fishing info?

Post by counting-empties »

You will need a fishing license to fish from shore , a 8-10' medium action rod will be plenty for the beach in Ormond , Shrimp and clams will get you Whiting , Pompano and Blues , Mullet chunks will get you lots of Blues . 1/0 or 2/0 circle or kahle hooks on a Pomp rig seems to work best , sinkers will vary from 1-8oz depending on the current . Look for a deep first trench before the first sandbar or a rip that cuts through all the sandbars .

Bill

Return to “Fishing Location Help”