Shorebound Fishing Marathon Key this week?

Help on different Boatless Fishing locations.
Jimmy Fee
Fisher

Shorebound Fishing Marathon Key this week?

Post by Jimmy Fee »

Hey Guys,

I'll be heading down to Marathon at the end of this week and am looking to do some fishing from/next to/around the bridges, maybe even wading the flats and anywhere else that may hold some fish.

I'm looking for any advice on how to catch whatever is down there.

What kind of species can I expect to find in Marathon right now? Are there any snook hanging around for C&R fishing? Is there a reasonable shot of finding a tarpon from shore? Are permit, bones or jacks around this time of year and accessible from shore? I plan on doing my fishing at night as well as during the day, but one thing I know from striper fishing in the Northeast is that nighttime is the right time.

I'll also have a rental car and will be willing to travel throughout the Keys to find fish to catch from shore.

I'd like to fish lures, either jigs or plugs, and am wondering if this is a viable option or if I'll have to use bait.

Is there good fishing to be had next to the bridges without having to fish from atop them?

Sorry for the rapidfire questions. I'm very excited to visit the Keys for the first time and fish round the clock.

Thanks very much for your help,

Jim

Return to “Fishing Location Help”