FL Bay help needed

Help on different Boatless Fishing locations.
coolcow
Seasoned Fisher

FL Bay help needed

Post by coolcow »

Hey there. I will be doing a little research in Florida Bay this weekend. We'll be mainly out of the Islamorada area a few miles in a skiff. It's not my research, but I never skip an opportunity to get down in the Keys. Part of the deal i mixed in was that I could bring a fishing pole. This will be the scenario: drive to predetermined spots, hop in the water and have a look around, then notes are taken. I won't be taking notes so that's when I'll fish. I'll probably have 15 minute windows to fish throughout the day. Here's my question to you who know better than I do: how would you approach it? I was thinking of either throwing out crabs or possibly a lure for those times. Not looking for sharks, don't care too much about keeping anything, but I wouldn't mind a good story or meal to come home with. It won't be a fishing trip so anything will be a bonus. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks.

krash
GOLIATH GROUPER

Re: FL Bay help needed

Post by krash »

I'd take a light spinning outfit, 8 to 12 pound outfit.. if you want 1 lure take a white bucktail jig, but if'n it were me I'd be tossing a top-water lure like a Zara Spook.
SW, Live to Fish, Have Tackle will travel ... >,)))~> ~~~~

BRunner346
"WE RUN IT"

Post by BRunner346 »

i would take a top water for early morning. take a small bucktail or skimmer jig... and a mirrodine or something of that sort to mess with some small cudas if they are around. its hard to say what you would need and when because those mangroves and flats are all tide depending. a twitchn rap works great for tarpon as well and you may see some here and there rolling.
"There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot."

coolcow
Seasoned Fisher

Post by coolcow »

Thanks guys. I'll keep it simple and toss a few lures and leader in my bag with me. I may try one of these too. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5ROQwm5Y7o Has anybody tried one before? Too cool of a lure to not try once.

Return to “Fishing Location Help”