coming to Melbourne friday

Help on different Boatless Fishing locations.
jackpeay
Fisher

coming to Melbourne friday

Post by jackpeay »

hi everyone, driving to melbourne friday from cincinnati. looking to surf fish and try sebastian inlet for first time. hope to get some suggestions and some fishing reports. only surf fished melbourne beach in the past couple trips.

Dhunter55
Seasoned Fisher

Post by Dhunter55 »

Jack, stop by Whitey's located on A1A just about 2 miles north of Sebastian Inlet. They will give ya the scoop on what's going on at the jetty and in the surf and what to use. Good folks and reasonable prices.

Here's a link to their website:

http://www.whiteysonline.com/

Good luck and give us a fishing report when you get back especially a Pomp report. Ask Sherrie at Whitey's for an fishing report update on their website for me. :wink:
I say we fish 5 days and work 2

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell all my guns and fishing gear for what I told her I paid for them.

jackpeay
Fisher

Post by jackpeay »

thanks for the info, and the website is nice. ill stop there for license and supplies and tell them you sent me thanks,

Dhunter55
Seasoned Fisher

Post by Dhunter55 »

jackpeay wrote:thanks for the info, and the website is nice. ill stop there for license and supplies and tell them you sent me thanks,
You won't need a license unless your fishing from a boat.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell all my guns and fishing gear for what I told her I paid for them.

jackpeay
Fisher

Post by jackpeay »

so i will need a license for surf fishing?

Dhunter55
Seasoned Fisher

Post by Dhunter55 »

jackpeay wrote:so i will need a license for surf fishing?
Here's the regs:

http://myfwc.com/marine/Regulations/FL_ ... an2007.pdf

They way I read it is unless your fishing from a pier that has a saltwater license or charter/head boat for hire that has a license...your gonna need a non-resident license. Just double check with Whitey's they might be able to clarify. They see non-residents all the time.

BoatlessFisherman
Fisherman - Owner - Administrator

Post by BoatlessFisherman »

Yes, Non residents do need a saltwater License
-Tommy A-

click, click, click, Fish ON - Over, Under, Over, Under Get out of my Way. Sound familiar.

Return to “Fishing Location Help”