got fish, how to grind them?

BoatlessFisherman
Fisherman - Owner - Administrator

Post by BoatlessFisherman »

To make it easy but a electric grinder or the hard way and buy one that you hand crank.
-Tommy A-

click, click, click, Fish ON - Over, Under, Over, Under Get out of my Way. Sound familiar.

qzx
Weekend Warrior

Re: got fish, how to grind them?

Post by qzx »

yeah thats pretty much it , the hand crank models for the kitchen or restaurant can be a real pain to work with , they were made just to pass boneless meat, they dont grind fish bones easily and tend to load up the worm gear feed ,,,then since your cranking hard on it and doing back cranks to clear the feed ,,the table clamp, and the nut holding the cutter blade, loves to loosen up on ya ... then on top of it, the bucket doesnt fill with chum as fast as ya thought it would, after chasing the problems a few times, and the arm starts to tire, by now your usually pissed ...
.......never tried the electric ones , but ive seen them available , wonder how long they could take the abuse for the money spent , but havent heard from anyone who laid out the money to give it a good try

Green Tide
SHARKER

Post by Green Tide »

6 1/4 years. That is the oldest thread I have seen be resurrected.

You shoulda been here yesterday!!!

migs24
Old Salt

Post by migs24 »

:uplol: waiting ever so patiently.... What is this, round 15?

crashmister
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by crashmister »

rare wrote:
Green Tide wrote:6 1/4 years. That is the oldest thread I have seen be resurrected.

Wait for it......Wait For It!!!! eatpop
:uplol: :uplol: :uplol: :uplol: Nels you crack me up Bro!
Nice Boat! Now get it outa my driveway!

Eman305
Weekend Warrior

Post by Eman305 »

I don't get it.... :jester:

RippysFishingSupply
Fisher

Post by RippysFishingSupply »

A hand chum grinder will do it with some grunt work. Buy a large one that uses #32 plates and knives. This has a bigger throat,worm, knife and plate than a smaller unit. The larger the grinder the harder they are to turn though. If you do it you can add bread crumbs,wheat,etc to the chum after the grind. The crumbs soak up the fish oil,juices and the baitfish gobble them up. Save any stale bread and add it,it works and gives you more chum in the end. even dry dog food can be used, anything that is edible and will sponge up the juices. I read once where a guy used a leaf blower/vacuum for pilchards. He set it on suction,fed the pilchards down the spout and out into a bucket. Sounds crazy but this guy was an SKA Pro Kingfish ace who wrote about it.

Return to “Species info--Dedicated to Targeting”