Titanium wire leader

Post your How to Storys-Articles here and please only How To's related to Boatless Fishing.
big red
Seasoned Fisher

Titanium wire leader

Post by big red »

I was giving about 4ft of #100 Titanium wire leader. How do you tie a knot with those wire ? I already ruined about one feet of those expensive wire trying.
Was viewing a video on youtube about those kind of wires, and they make it look so easy. lol

baseball4life702
KING MACKEREL

Re: Titanium wire leader

Post by baseball4life702 »

Most common wire knots I know are the haywire twist (you will see this knot on pre rigged baits for trolling) and and the other an Albright knot but u usually need flexible wire. 4 feet is not much lol but just go buy some cheap wire and practice till u get it down but the haywire is pretty easy to learn less than 5 tries most likely, but the titanium is made for tying other knots like Albright so go at it
http://www.georgepoveromo.com/content.php?pid=52
http://www.sportfishingmag.com/techniqu ... r-end-wire

big red
Seasoned Fisher

Post by big red »

I used the Haywire twist fishing with regular steel wire when Kingfishing. but I was told the Titanium wire could be tie using regular fishig knots. From what I see so far with that short wire I get,it is very hard to kink under the same pressure which will coil or kill the steel wire.
Maybe the #100 wire is just too stiff to tie a knot with. The lower #40 or #55 might be the ticket to go.

fishnfool73
AMBASSADOR to the... BF FORUM

Post by fishnfool73 »

I always used a uni to uni for the flexible wire and never had an issue. Less turns on the higher test.
Dreaming the dream that one day I can be as good as some of the boatless pros and catch some 12 inch mangrove snapper.

Green Tide
SHARKER

Post by Green Tide »

fishnfool73 wrote:I always used a uni to uni for the flexible wire and never had an issue. Less turns on the higher test.
:thumright:
When using 100 or greater I use 3 wraps

You shoulda been here yesterday!!!

Return to “How To's Articles”